British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk127

Arena Essex

For a start what about the time they did nothing about Poole illegal team when from memory they declared, from memory Sam Masters at number 2 but he wasn't fit but the rules said the facility should have been for Ludvig Lindgren?

Or the time Poole called a meeting off with Lakeside and Lakeside just backed down?

You're right about the other incidents. But Swindon did fight the Miedzinski one.

And BV are not much better than Lakeside with their pandering to Poole.

i

So the best you can come up with for "all manner of crap" is actually two episodes.

I can't remember the Sam Masters episode and it seems you can't remember much about it either, but. The plain fact is that sort of thing happens quite a lot and not just with Lakeside. I remember Swindon coming to Lakeside with Cory Gathercole illegally in the side bu t there was no protest because it didn't change the match result and wouldn't have been worth £500 protest fee . Similar things happen with most clubs at times. The trouble with these situations as you well know is that illegal teams are ultimately a matter for the meeting referee. If he allows the rider to ride the chance s are you are going to lose your £500 protest fee if you take to the SCB who will sit on for months and do nothing. All roads lead back to the SCB and I am surprised people can't see that. It's like the SCB not ensuring Darcy' s points scored after his breathslyser were deducted despite the FIM ruling. That's not Lakeside pandering to Poole it's the SCB

I have already dealt with the Poole v lakeside cancellation in my previous post. I am not sure how you get to the point that Swindon try to fight the Medzienski thing so that's alright but the Lakeside e /Poole match goes to the SCB and its somehow Lakeside's fault that the SCB did nothing . Surely both incidents are an indictment of the SCB rather than individual clubs . Anyway. Even if we said that Lakeside were 100 % responsible for that event 3 yedars ago that is not "all manner of crap " and the argument still doesn't sustain theclaim that Lakeside are playing MAJOR part in falling crowds in 2015 as opposed to being part of a collective failing.

All the matters you mention and dozens of others involving a variety of clubs are symptomatic of a sport with hopelessly weak governance not the action of one or even a few clubs. The buck has to stop with the ruling body, as in any organisation.

Edited by E I Addio

For a start what about the time they did nothing about Poole illegal team when they declared, from memory Sam Masters at number 2 but he wasn't fit but the rules said the facility should have been for Ludvig Lindgren?

Or the time Poole called a meeting off with Lakeside and Lakeside just backed down?

You're right about the other incidents. But Swindon did fight the Miedzinski one.

And BV are not much better than Lakeside with their pandering to Poole.

The Aces learned their lesson that action against Poole is pointless with the watering incident. Poole were the opposing team and it was Poole riders who brought the matter to the attention of the SCB. Effectively it was no different than Poole's actions in the Lakeside match, you could even argue Poole's actions were worse because they were premeditated whereas Belle Vue acted on the spur of the moment faced with having to race with a much weakened side. With Belle Vue, the SCB,quite rightly, acted immediately. Belle Vue were fined and lost league points. With Poole, the SCB did nothing until the outcry on here and social media forced their hand, they then promised action but did nothing.

Sums up this forum when an 'Arena Essex' thread becomes 'its all Poole's fault' by the usual suspects!!

• Like 1

The Aces learned their lesson that action against Poole is pointless with the watering incident. Poole were the opposing team and it was Poole riders who brought the matter to the attention of the SCB. Effectively it was no different than Poole's actions in the Lakeside match, you could even argue Poole's actions were worse because they were premeditated whereas Belle Vue acted on the spur of the moment faced with having to race with a much weakened side. With Belle Vue, the SCB,quite rightly, acted immediately. Belle Vue were fined and lost league points. With Poole, the SCB did nothing until the outcry on here and social media forced their hand, they then promised action but did nothing.

At least someone understands the facts. Not many people seem to.

. For some reason people choose to ignore the SCB's record of indecisiveness in these matters where Poole are concerned As I recall the Belle Vue matter was done and dusted in double quick time but the Poole matter was adjourned time after time until after the play offs by which time it didn't matter anyway. No way the SCB were going to deduct Pooles play off points anymore than they are going to deduct Darcy's points scored after his breath tests .

It was the same with the cheating allegations in 2009. The SCB report said they had interviewed 20 rider s mechanics and trackstaff every single one of them attached to Poole and strangely enough none of them said they knew anything about cheating so they concluded there was no case to answer,

Sums up this forum when an 'Arena Essex' thread becomes 'its all Poole's fault' by the usual suspects!!

What sums the forum up is a perfectly reasonable enquiry about the future of a track gets a perfectly factual answer and the thread gets hijacked by people who either can't read or read something that wasn't written.

BV had never pandered to Poole but have been stitched up on many occasions and not just by Poole, all with the blessing of the authorities.

We did however expertly sell a pallet of bricks down south. ££££

BV had never pandered to Poole but have been stitched up on many occasions and not just by Poole, all with the blessing of the authorities.

We did however expertly sell a pallet of bricks down south. ££££

What has this got to do with Arena Essex?

What has this got to do with Arena Essex?

They were ground into dust to use the on the Lakeside track

Hmmm!

I dread to think what would have been said if it was them at home to Poole a little while ago instead of Coventry. Lakeside having their belly tickled again.

Edited by liam

I am neutral as far as Lakeside are concerned. I am not a supporter; nor am I a "hater".

When I go, it is to watch speedway racing and I would take no pleasure in Lakeside, or any club, folding.

Lakeside should have done more in the past when they had the opportunities.

And what do you think would have come of it if they had?

Even as a Rye Fan and a long time hater of Arena/Lakeside, I struggle to understand the negativity towards the club here.

The club post Ronnie Russell has been very well run. Why are people here so harsh on them?

And what do you think would have come of it if they had?

The Elite League has for some years been crying out for leadership. When Douglas and Cook joined forces they had a great combination: the successful businessman and the speedway guru. It all has rather dribbled away in recent times.

The Elite League has for some years been crying out for leadership. When Douglas and Cook joined forces they had a great combination: the successful businessman and the speedway guru. It all has rather dribbled away in recent times.

Well that post hardly squares up with your original post that said Lakeside are a major part of the problem..

I agree that for years the EL has been crying out for leadership but by definition leadership can only come from the governing body. As long as the tail continues to wag the dog various shenanigans will always be going on

• Like 1

Well that post hardly squares up with your original post that said Lakeside are a major part of the problem..

I agree that for years the EL has been crying out for leadership but by definition leadership can only come from the governing body. As long as the tail continues to wag the dog various shenanigans will always be going on

Was Jon Cook not part of the inner circle for a number of years?

Was Jon Cook not part of the inner circle for a number of years?

Yes up Matt fords arse.