British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk127

Arena Essex

I tell you what would be really good is if another part of the stadium could be used and a slightly more rounded track installed with a smaller track inside which could be used for the Hagon Shocks academy.

The latest Lakeside Hammers PR emphasises the club's wish to remain in Essex:

Friday 17th July 2015

THE HAMMERS PREPARE FOR TV SHOWTIME

The Vortex Hammers are without a meeting this evening, Friday 17th July, but preparations are well in hand for the next Elite League Speedway action at the Arena Essex Raceway when the Coventry Buildbase Bees visit live on Sky Sports on Monday 27th July.

The Vortex Hammers boss Jon Cook explained: "With our long term future uncertain at the Arena Essex Raceway we're taking the opportunity to show the good people of Essex and beyond just what a great night out Speedway is and in doing so also strengthen our hand for the Sport to remain in the Borough of Thurrock and the County of Essex. To this end all pre-booked tickets are offered at just £5 for adults and concessions via either our website or Sky Tickets. We're hoping for a bumper crowd and a great atmosphere at the Raceway as we take on this year’s runaway Elite League leaders, Coventry".

The £5 tickets can only be purchased via the Club’s website at www.lakesidehammers.co and accessing the online ticket page from the home page or via the Sky Tickets website.

Edited by Guest

hi ... any hammers fans travel to speedway from london heathrow area .... iam on holiday in london next week . would love a visit to a lakeside..... cheers.

The comments are not anti-Poole. They anti-those who let Poole get away with stuff. Also, which comments are slanderous? I've had a look and at best you've got silly/stupid comments but nothing slanderous.

You dont think the up matt fords arse comment is anti poole then!!

You dont have to stick up for him just because he supports your team.

You dont think the up matt fords arse comment is anti poole then!!

You dont have to stick up for him just because he supports your team.

I don't see how they're anti-Poole no. Take that way if you like, it's typical of some Poole fans to see offence where it isn't though. the offence is at those who seem to worship the ground he walks on and let him get away with what he does.

1. I cannot agree with your view about the SCB - it controls what it is given to control.

2. The real power is with the promoters and I feel Lakeside have been in a position in the past to do more to change things. They haven't taken those chances, for whatever reason.

3. British speedway needs some strong leadership. I long hoped Lakeside would lead.

4. I have no axe to grind but my honest opinion is that Lakeside could have done more.

1. Good job you were not in charge of The Nuremburg Trials with that stance. Everyone would have walked free.

2/3/4. More or less all the same rhetoric, so I've lumped them together. However, to summarise, and hopefully put some 'meat on the bones', could you please enlighten us by answering:

- What exactly should Lakeside have led, and why?

- What more could Lakeside have done, and how?

I don't see how they're anti-Poole no. Take that way if you like, it's typical of some Poole fans to see offence where it isn't though. the offence is at those who seem to worship the ground he walks on and let him get away with what he does.

Well that's not me is it, i have never condoned Matt Ford's actions when he has done wrong but that comment is anti Poole in my view.

• Like 1

Very surprised to read the comments in the speedway star this week which seems to paint a very dark cloud hanging over the future of speedway at Arena Essex, I knew plans were in the pipeline but all of a sudden it seems to have taken a more menacing angle, if the site is not going to have room for the speedway then the four wheeled motorsport must also be in jeopardy, though frankly from what I have heard down the years I would be amazed if the Woodrolf family were to sell up out of choice, I also know someone who frequents the car track quite a lot just to have a burn up and he has never said anything about that being in danger of ending, is this threat real or is it simply another speedway promoter crying wolf because large amounts of their fan base have walked because the state the sport is in?

1. Good job you were not in charge of The Nuremburg Trials with that stance. Everyone would have walked free.

2/3/4. More or less all the same rhetoric, so I've lumped them together. However, to summarise, and hopefully put some 'meat on the bones', could you please enlighten us by answering:

- What exactly should Lakeside have led, and why?

- What more could Lakeside have done, and how?

Point 1: It is Speedway Control Bureau - I read that as controlling but not setting the policy. So SCB can do rules and regs but the power rests with the BSPA. I have read this week that the SCB chairman is doing a tour of all speedway tracks to speak to all sorts of people about the state of the sport. He hopes to talk to the BSPA, the report said. So, I think it is the BSPA that is in charge.

Not sure trials in Nuremberg is a suitable analogy.

In relation to the other points, I maybe attached too much hope in the fact that a few years ago Lakeside had new promoters. In Jon they had the speedway guru and in Stuart, a successful businessman. Frankly, I hoped the two together would make the sport see sense.

It didn't happen, which is a pity. (I know Jon has been criticised for some of his ideas but at least he tried to come up with something new).

Maybe Jon and Stuart became worn down by the status quo.

Point 1: It is Speedway Control Bureau - I read that as controlling but not setting the policy. So SCB can do rules and regs but the power rests with the BSPA. I have read this week that the SCB chairman is doing a tour of all speedway tracks to speak to all sorts of people about the state of the sport. He hopes to talk to the BSPA, the report said. So, I think it is the BSPA that is in charge.

Not sure trials in Nuremberg is a suitable analogy.

In relation to the other points, I maybe attached too much hope in the fact that a few years ago Lakeside had new promoters. In Jon they had the speedway guru and in Stuart, a successful businessman. Frankly, I hoped the two together would make the sport see sense.

It didn't happen, which is a pity. (I know Jon has been criticised for some of his ideas but at least he tried to come up with something new).

Maybe Jon and Stuart became worn down by the status quo.

bit like Sandu at Coventry some promotors do not not want an independent management running the sport which is what it needs so there is no conflict of intereste Imo

bit like Sandu at Coventry some promotors do not not want an independent management running the sport which is what it needs so there is no conflict of intereste Imo

Agree entirely KingBee.

Independent management would strengthen speedway.

Ah yes the old 'independent management' argument solves everything!!?

Nobody has been able to name anyone (either individually or as a committee) that is truly independent ie without any allegiance past or present to any club!!

• Like 1

Nobody has been able to name anyone (either individually or as a committee) that is truly independent ie without any allegiance past or present to any club!!

The independent person could come from a non-speedway background

We already have a team of them, they're called referees!

We already have a team of them, they're called referees!

Yes but many come from a speedway background, so would always be open to accusations of bias