British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick V Edinburgh Sat 18th

Yeah but not everybody sees it that way unfortunately,don't think crowds this season have been as good as recent seasons,but your are not supposed to say on a Berwick thread or your seen as whinging,as long as you enjoy your night out that's all that matters.

No whinging on a Berwick thread, its not the done thing.

• Like 1

From e-Newsletter this afternoon:

ROHAN'S OUR GUEST: Following his sparkling display last Saturday, when his points very much assisted the Witches in their last-race victory over our Dixon Building Bandits, Australian Rohan Tungate turned his coat on Sunday to be our guest at Rye House, when his points in black-and-gold very much helped us to the creditable six-point away victory over the Rockets!

With these two sparkling displays in mind, Rohan was an obvious choice to ride as our guest in a slightly-changed line-up this Saturday (he will wear No 1 in place of Claus Vissing, with new man Mathias Thornblom at No 3).

Edinburgh will arrive without Sam Masters, who has a hand injury, replacing him with Richie Worrall.

Good guest for the Bandits, and also an exciting new signing to look forward to.

The toughest of opposition, so it should be a cracker.

• Like 2

New Swede looks the part par with Lahti probably has the edge, I'm impressed

I don't know much about him, but glad that you think he is a good signing.

What do you think he is capable of achieving?

Honest question as I know you follow European speedway.

The GP heat that you have posted is against 3 EL heat leader quality riders, one ride when everyone else was on their fourth, also 2 years ago.

Kind of difficult to draw any conclusions about that: well, not about the rider, at least.

Although, you might be saying he is of comparable standard to that of Lamber and Garrity. So, I apologise if that was your intention.

Well from the 5 races I've seen on Youtube he's at the back in 4 of the 5 but 2nd in the last one beating rohan behind smoli....

Not the quickest trapper it would seem, looks woeful at Lonigo, Howarth beat him by good distance...

That being said good scores in Sweden I'll do more viewing and scrutinise his youtube racing history

But to answer your question Scott, I would say in between 6 and 7 probably closer to 7 but you never know

• Like 2

The GP heat that you have posted is against 3 EL heat leader quality riders, one ride when everyone else was on their fourth, also 2 years ago.

Kind of difficult to draw any conclusions about that: well, not about the rider, at least.

Although, you might be saying he is of comparable standard to that of Lamber and Garrity. So, I apologise if that was your intention.

Don`t want your apologies, by your own admission you know little or nothing about him so I was posting a video so you could see the new rider in action. Forget about his opposition, he looked tidy enough on the bike and I wish him all the best for the rest of the season with us.

Well from the 5 races I've seen on Youtube he's at the back in 4 of the 5 but 2nd in the last one beating rohan behind smoli....

Not the quickest trapper it would seem, looks woeful at Lonigo, Howarth beat him by good distance...

That being said good scores in Sweden I'll do more viewing and scrutinise his youtube racing history

But to answer your question Scott, I would say in between 6 and 7 probably closer to 7 but you never know

Never can tell until a rider has a few meetings under their belt, I guess.

just been talking to some folk who watch the Euro speedway, like yourself, and they say he has plenty of ability.

Like you say, a very positive move.

Averages from Sportowefakty.pl/zuzel

From Swedish Allvenskan

28 Robin Aspegren Vastervik Speedway 7 31 4 10 9 6 1 0 0 1 41 9 50 1,613 5,13 2,150 0,636

29 Fredrik Engman Masarna Avesta 6 18 6 2 4 4 1 0 1 0 26 3 29 1,611 5,20 1,923 0,800

30 Mathias Thoernblom Gnistorna Malmoe 7 33 7 9 10 3 3 0 1 0 49 4 53 1,606 7,00 1,929 1,368

31 Viktor Bergstroem Vargarna Norrkoeping 5 20 4 4 7 5 0 0 0 0 27 5 32 1,600 5,40 1,667 1,546

32 Victor Palovaara

41 Alexander Edberg

Griparna Nyköping

Edited by GrigorijLaguta13

Don`t want your apologies, by your own admission you know little or nothing about him so I was posting a video so you could see the new rider in action. Forget about his opposition, he looked tidy enough on the bike and I wish him all the best for the rest of the season with us.

Very kind of you, but I was able to find the video, it is difficult to gauge from the odd YouTube video, hence my reason for asking Robin. To get an informed opinion.

Your initial response has taken the breath away from quite a few folk!

Nice to see you have calmed down a bit and eating your humble pie, like a good boy should.

Averages from Sportowefakty.pl/zuzel

From Swedish Allvenskan

28 Robin Aspegren Vastervik Speedway 7 31 4 10 9 6 1 0 0 1 41 9 50 1,613 5,13 2,150 0,636

29 Fredrik Engman Masarna Avesta 6 18 6 2 4 4 1 0 1 0 26 3 29 1,611 5,20 1,923 0,800

30 Mathias Thoernblom Gnistorna Malmoe 7 33 7 9 10 3 3 0 1 0 49 4 53 1,606 7,00 1,929 1,368

31 Viktor Bergstroem Vargarna Norrkoeping 5 20 4 4 7 5 0 0 0 0 27 5 32 1,600 5,40 1,667 1,546

32 Victor Palovaara

Thanks Robin, so roughly on a par with Aspegren?

Very good if that is the case.

Who knows with foreign scores Busk Jakokbson's score were pretty woeful last season and he's come up trumps for Rye

Yeah about that so yeah I'd say between 6 and 7

• Like 1