British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches ( P L) - Friday, July 17th (7.30pm)

In answer to Scunny Bullet a couple of posts above - Ash Morris was fined according to BBC Radio Suffolk report.

• Like 1

Notice the Scunthorpe report doesn't condemn any of their riders for actions in other races, surprise, surprise. If there isn't any video evidence I don't see how any action can be taken as it will be one sides versions against another and they are always going to be different. I don't think the action of the Scunthorpe promoter help either. If he was not happy he should have just lodged his protest and let the meeting continue as we all know a referee never changes his decision.

Never a truer word spoken.

If nothing else, last night showed the exact reasons why a promoter should never be allowed to be 'micman'. Why on earth it has been allowed to happen for so long, I'll never know.

His squeal like a pig was appalling, he never should be allowed to entice the crowd in the manner he did either, nor should he be allowed to attempt to influence the referee's decision. As for his behaviour in the pits, words truly fail me!

• Like 2

What happened in the pits then?

Never a truer word spoken.

If nothing else, last night showed the exact reasons why a promoter should never be allowed to be 'micman'. Why on earth it has been allowed to happen for so long, I'll never know.

His squeal like a pig was appalling, he never should be allowed to entice the crowd in the manner he did either, nor should he be allowed to attempt to influence the referee's decision. As for his behaviour in the pits, words truly fail me!

I have seen and heard warnings given by referees to mic men over comments made. As I understand it the mic man is a licensed official.

Good to see the boy Rohan getting 'stuck-in' after quite a few weeks riding round like a pizza delivery boy on a moped. Happy days, long may it continue.

I used to have my suspicions you were an idiot - now you've just confirmed them.

And I remember Tungate trying to wipe out Maxy Fricke on turn 2 in a race at Ippo last season - but this time it was during the race.

Only Max's great skill kept him on the bike.

So maybe Tungate has form?

• Like 1

I have seen and heard warnings given by referees to mic men over comments made. As I understand it the mic man is a licensed official.

Both any stadium announcer and any centre-green mic-man are licenced officials ("announcer" is one of the categories of SCB licencing just like "timekeeper", "starting marshal" or "pits marshal") ... and yes, there is room for referees to warn or even fine such announcers if they deem it appropriate.

Glasgow's centre-green announcer for many years, Michael Max, had a spell of several seasons where he stayed away from that duty if a particular referee was in charge at Ashfield after he was fined by that ref for having the nerve to correctly quote the rulebook over his microphone to the crowd to prove the ref had just got a decision wrong !! !!

Edited by arthur cross

Dick Barrie has been , warned and fined on a few occasions over the years for comment made over the mic

What happened in the pits then?

Tried 'bashing' Phil Hilton for no apparent reason.

Obviously must have been a severe altercation as they were fine with each other on the centre green at the end!!!

Tried 'bashing' Phil Hilton for no apparent reason.

Well looking at all the goings on last night it seems that the old saying of all publicity is good publicity rings true. Shame I missed the meeting.certainly got everyone talking about it. I can't comment on what happened as I wasn't there but it does seem that people on both sides don't come out of this with too much credit. I would be suprised though if Ipswich were to have points taken of them at a later date as the riders and promotor/team manager of Scunthorpe seem to have hardly set themselves in glory either. Two wrongs don't make a right. Bring on the match at Foxhall in 2 weeks !

Think it might well have been pay back time as Auty has for a long time, got form for riding into riders to take them out of the race and this is what happened to Rohan. All riders are sick of Auty's continued over zealous riding and something had to happen sooner or later.

Brilliant win by the Witches as had everything going against them including the Scunthorpe management. No wonder they could be close to closing!!!

• Like 2

Kevin Doolan sums Auty up nicely on Twitter 😂

Im not on twitter but have been informed that Kevs message to Rohan is - "dont worry about it mate -hed have his own team mate off at press day if they are silly enough to go out with him"

Think it might well have been pay back time as Auty has for a long time, got form for riding into riders to take them out of the race and this is what happened to Rohan. All riders are sick of Auty's continued over zealous riding and something had to happen sooner or later.

Brilliant win by the Witches as had everything going against them including the Scunthorpe management. No wonder they could be close to closing!!!

I am discusted at the amount of people condoning the actions because he "Deserved it!".

Josh rides hard so ride hard back at him there would be nothing wrong with that but to come from behind and hit a slow moving bike like was done is a completely different matter and no excuse for incidents that happen during racing.

At worst if he felt so agrieved in the first run go back in the pits and square up then and have a bit of fistycuffs no harm in that but to then wait until after another race to do it makes it pre meditated and assault

• Like 2