British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Richie Worrall (the Future Of Speedway)

look pointless going over old ground, either back up your claim that i said get rid of Worrall or that hes crap... You are obviously connected to them or stalk them.... So surely its only fair that you put up or shut up? Failing that, if you go to newcastle we can discuss it further in person if you wish.. Rather than clog up this thread?? My names kenny and i stand by the benches on the first bend most weeks.

some people would take that has a threat I must warn you that I am in training for my next world title ps do you stand there to get a good view of the riders in their kevlars?✌

some people would take that has a threat I must warn you that I am in training for my next world title ps do you stand there to get a good view of the riders in their kevlars?✌

not a threat at all?? Grow up man

look pointless going over old ground, either back up your claim that i said get rid of Worrall or that hes crap... You are obviously connected to them or stalk them.... So surely its only fair that you put up or shut up? Failing that, if you go to newcastle we can discuss it further in person if you wish.. Rather than clog up this thread?? My names kenny and i stand by the benches on the first bend most weeks.

i am going today I will give you a tap on the shoulder I hope you don't have two names or go paintballing instead

i am going today I will give you a tap on the shoulder I hope you don't have two names or go paintballing instead

no i will be there, look forward to meeting you, although ive a sneaky feeling i already know you and im being stitched up ha Edited by Arson fire

no i will be there, look forward to meeting you, although ive a sneaky feeling i already know you and im being stitched up ha

On route from Redcar is there a good place were I can park my scooter?

(I've not trawled thru all the previous 114 posts, just the first few today, so if other posters have responded similarly, it says something !, . .but . . . )

. . .When I was dope & oiling in the 60s & '70s I'd often volunteer to do the driving back home so a rider could get some sleep, as he had to turn in for work the next morning ! It would often be 3am. when we got back, occasionally later. To stay overnight was unthinkable, - the cost. ! ! ( . and today's motorway network has got to make the traveling easier.) No adverting allowed back then, - no sponsors picking up the tab, . . it all came out of your own pocket!

Riders then rode for the thrill and enjoyment of competing. In other motor-cycle sports today, and some cars at dirt ovals, riders pay to enter a race, knowing that just the 1,2,3 (out of a large field,) would get a monetary prize, - or sometimes just a cup - , and they're content to compete on that basis. Get real, fella !

• Like 2

(I've not trawled thru all the previous 114 posts, just the first few today, so if other posters have responded similarly, it says something !, . .but . . . )

. . .When I was dope & oiling in the 60s & '70s I'd often volunteer to do the driving back home so a rider could get some sleep, as he had to turn in for work the next morning ! It would often be 3am. when we got back, occasionally later. To stay overnight was unthinkable, - the cost. ! ! ( . and today's motorway network has got to make the traveling easier.) No adverting allowed back then, - no sponsors picking up the tab, . . it all came out of your own pocket!

Riders then rode for the thrill and enjoyment of competing. In other motor-cycle sports today, and some cars at dirt ovals, riders pay to enter a race, knowing that just the 1,2,3 (out of a large field,) would get a monetary prize, - or sometimes just a cup - , and they're content to compete on that basis. Get real, fella hi I remember them to they were called LOONIES

no i will be there, look forward to meeting you, although ive a sneaky feeling i already know you and im being stitched up ha

Just got back I was looking for you DIDENT you go

Just got back I was looking for you DIDENT you go

your talking bollox yet again and you know it ...was there in the usual place... Theres no 'e' in didn't by the way :)

Are you DJ John :) :)

Edited by Arson fire

your talking bollox yet again and you know it ...was there in the usual place... Theres no 'e' in didn't by the way :)

did you not see me I was sat on my scooter all the time

I do wonder how many people read Richie's article properly?

One of his aspirations was for more track time in an effort to improve, this is not easy to acheive if working full time or even part time.

Doug Wyer practiced his starting down the tip for hours, try that in todays Nimby whining Britain.

I have seen both twins and Kyle Howarth at Stoke training sessions, putting in laps and they are all doing ok in my opinion, a direct result of that commitment and time investment, but recent events might make me ponder about club promotion's commitments to young British riders?

What many spectators do not understand is that travelling to and from meetings, given the state of Britains roads and roadworks is a major issue, time and fuel consuming.

Cleaning a bike thoroughly will take at least four hours and is best done asap after a meeting.

Add three hours travelling each way and we have ten hours investment for fifteen minutes riding without any mechanical work at all.

Machinery is far more fragile than in Terry Betts or Simmo's day, a season with just replacing valve springs is unheard of today, hence Gerhard's aspirations.

Dean made speedway pay because he was prudent, was good enough to build his own engines and is a practical man, not everyone is mechanically gifted.

I was interested to read the praise for Lawson's little van and single handed approach, because I seem to remember reading in SS a few weeks back that he said couldn't carry on any longer without out part or full time help as the travelling and bike prep was killing him.

Stefan Neilsen was lucky not to get killed a few weeks ago travelling back from a meeting when they hit a deer and rolled the van late at night, one wonders how many hours Stefan had been awake when this happened?

MXers ride at the weekend, prep the bike during the week and will easily get a season out of an engine, just rebuilding supension during the season, most also wash their bikes with engine driven or genset driven pressure washers at the track at 4.00 pm on a sunday, leaving the dirt where it belongs, getting home for six and a chinese meal.

Who wants to wash a bike at 10.00pm for four hours on a thursday, even if the stadium allowed it (and I cannot see the stadium owner at Sheffield going along with that) even if the curfew did?

However, recently I watched the four hour cleaning ritual and was astonished to discover the cleanest bike in the PL was running with a broken spoke cable tied to another and a seized clutch release bearing, not what I had expected at all from a professional, mind you it was chock full of bling, so that's alright then!

The ritual was being carried out by a sometime NL rider who had been up for over twenty seven hours and then had to drive another two hundred miles, his family and I were so worried about him that we agreed to phone him every twenty minutes or so to keep him alert and on the carriageway.

How many MXers are doing this?

• Like 5

I do wonder how many people read Richie's article properly?

One of his aspirations was for more track time in an effort to improve, this is not easy to acheive if working full time or even part time.

Doug Wyer practiced his starting down the tip for hours, try that in todays Nimby whining Britain.

I have seen both twins and Kyle Howarth at Stoke training sessions, putting in laps and they are all doing ok in my opinion, a direct result of that commitment and time investment, but recent events might make me ponder about club promotion's commitments to young British riders?

What many spectators do not understand is that travelling to and from meetings, given the state of Britains roads and roadworks is a major issue, time and fuel consuming.

Cleaning a bike thoroughly will take at least four hours and is best done asap after a meeting.

Add three hours travelling each way and we have ten hours investment for fifteen minutes riding without any mechanical work at all.

Machinery is far more fragile than in Terry Betts or Simmo's day, a season with just replacing valve springs is unheard of today, hence Gerhard's aspirations.

Dean made speedway pay because he was prudent, was good enough to build his own engines and is a practical man, not everyone is mechanically gifted.

I was interested to read the praise for Lawson's little van and single handed approach, because I seem to remember reading in SS a few weeks back that he said couldn't carry on any longer without out part or full time help as the travelling and bike prep was killing him.

Stefan Neilsen was lucky not to get killed a few weeks ago travelling back from a meeting when they hit a deer and rolled the van late at night, one wonders how many hours Stefan had been awake when this happened?

MXers ride at the weekend, prep the bike during the week and will easily get a season out of an engine, just rebuilding supension during the season, most also wash their bikes with engine driven or genset driven pressure washers at the track at 4.00 pm on a sunday, leaving the dirt where it belongs, getting home for six and a chinese meal.

Who wants to wash a bike at 10.00pm for four hours on a thursday, even if the stadium allowed it (and I cannot see the stadium owner at Sheffield going along with that) even if the curfew did?

However, recently I watched the four hour cleaning ritual and was astonished to discover the cleanest bike in the PL was running with a broken spoke cable tied to another and a seized clutch release bearing, not what I had expected at all from a professional, mind you it was chock full of bling, so that's alright then!

The ritual was being carried out by a sometime NL rider who had been up for over twenty seven hours and then had to drive another two hundred miles, his family and I were so worried about him that we agreed to phone him every twenty minutes or so to keep him alert and on the carriageway.

How many MXers are doing this?

Not sure what point you are making. The amount of time it takes to clean a bike and the amount of time travelling to meetings is exactly the same for UK based Aussies like Justin Sedgmen, Max Fricke and Nick Morris as it is for Brits, the money is pretty much the same for the Aussies as it is for Brits and they have the additional expense of stting up. British base. Getting a team place in Sweden or Poland is just as difficult for Aussies as it is for Brits yet Max Fricke has gone off and done it, as well ans getting a regular EL team spot.so all those spurious points you mention go out the window.

I have r,rad the article for a second time, and to be fair to Richie, he is not complaining about the amount of time it takes to clean a bike or travelling to meeting etc. the thrust of his complaints is the lack of opportunity for British riders to progress and he has a point there in view of the protectionism Sweden and Poland have to their home grown riders.. Certainly Richie, and riders of roughly his standard would benefit from a regular EL team slot, and yes they do need a bit more support from the promoters , but as was said before t.hey need to not expect things gifted . There are two sides to the srgument and neither is clear cut.

Not sure what point you are making. The amount of time it takes to clean a bike and the amount of time travelling to meetings is exactly the same for UK based Aussies like Justin Sedgmen, Max Fricke and Nick Morris as it is for Brits, the money is pretty much the same for the Aussies as it is for Brits and they have the additional expense of stting up. British base. Getting a team place in Sweden or Poland is just as difficult for Aussies as it is for Brits yet Max Fricke has gone off and done it, as well ans getting a regular EL team spot.so all those spurious points you mention go out the window.

I have r,rad the article for a second time, and to be fair to Richie, he is not complaining about the amount of time it takes to clean a bike or travelling to meeting etc. the thrust of his complaints is the lack of opportunity for British riders to progress and he has a point there in view of the protectionism Sweden and Poland have to their home grown riders.. Certainly Richie, and riders of roughly his standard would benefit from a regular EL team slot, and yes they do need a bit more support from the promoters , but as was said before t.hey need to not expect things gifted . There are two sides to the srgument and neither is clear cut.

So are you saying that worrall is not good enough for a EL place and should be left to fade away British speedway riders are not being produced like rabbits.bellevue bought him as an investment and looks like left him with no ride. He said he his only riding for 5 min a week but yet still holds a heat leader position at somerset realy he will be racing a bit rusty and doing very well maybe he should forget British speedway and go abroad he may never look back