British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Penny Cross

Plymouth V Workington 17/7 Pl

Absolutely terrible, never make the play offs this team, Matthew Wethers why is he in the team? Can't even cut it at reserve, was abysmal when I was at Glasgow on Sunday

I thought it was one of my Better ones

Your not Kylie Minogue are you? :D

Poor result overall, judging by the updates site tho we were right in this for at least a point but again just fell away when we needed it most?

Some pretty p*ss poor efforts again from riders I expected more from, we will never win away from home unless they all pull together at the same time, this is just not happening and it's sadly become the norm with Comets teams, four scorers most of the time, three not scoring most of the time?

Going to be a very difficult 2nd half to the season for us at this rate, cant see a win away from home now so we'll just have to see how far up the table we can go with home wins only, coz that's all we're gonna get? :(

Poor result overall, judging by the updates site tho we were right in this for at least a point but again just fell away when we needed it most?

Some pretty p*ss poor efforts again from riders I expected more from, we will never win away from home unless they all pull together at the same time, this is just not happening and it's sadly become the norm with Comets teams, four scorers most of the time, three not scoring most of the time?

Going to be a very difficult 2nd half to the season for us at this rate, cant see a win away from home now so we'll just have to see how far up the table we can go with home wins only, coz that's all we're gonna get? :(

Your not Kylie Minogue are you? :DI should be so lucky

oh dear!

Why oh dear Lewy? I thought you had disappeared! Good win last night and some terrific racing and im glad to of been proved wrong! Such a shame it's too little too late! NL beckons next year but makes sense with the substantial loss of crowds and revenue

Matthew Wethers why is he in the team? Can't even cut it at reserve, was abysmal when I was at Glasgow on Sunday

He only came in in June, give him a chance, everyone else has had 3 months ahead of him to get going. There is no hiding place in a struggling team but Workingtons issues are with their longer term riders and not having a No1.

they should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky..........

The race that turned this meeting.

Copied from live updates: Heat 11: Simota, Newman, Howarth, Harrison 50.97 5-1 35-31

Line Up: Newman, Simota, Howarth, Harrison

Comments: Untidy start. All 4 back.

Rerun: Newman and Harrison down bend 2. All 4 back. Both up and ok.

Rerunx2: A captains ride from Newman! Out of bend 2 in front of Howarth who he held up enough for Simota to squeeze round the outside of both of them on bend 4.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14743/plymouth-workington-pl-17-15pm?page=1#ixzz3gBb6iq2C

Complete and utter farce from referee Jim Laurence. How on earth wasn't Newman excluded for falling and bringing down Harrison? There is no way it should have been all 4 back.

Ostergaard did the same in when P'bro were here a few weeks ago, and was rightly excluded. Newman did EXACTLY the same in the same meeting , yet got away with 'all 4 back'. It turned that meeting too. That's twice Newman has got away with poor riding. Shocking decisions. In the rerun, I don't agree that Newman team rode either. He was busying himself with Howarth. That in turn left room for Sam to blast round the boards. Nothing intentional about trying to get Sam through. It was only when they reached the back straight next lap that they settled down.

The result of Ht11 would probably have been a 3-3, maybe even a 2-4, thus Comets would have got at least a point. As it was, it was the 2nd 5-1 of three on the bounce, and Devils were visibly lifted.

Holder basically didn't turn up for his first 2 rides, before taking Wells round the outside, much to most peoples surprise. Wells got it back before Holder hit the notorious 3rd bend bump, catapulting him into the fence. Very good in his last 2 rides though, he actually gated!

Both Risager and Simota rode probably their best meetings of the season at the SBA.

Edited to add ; To Matt Bates. If you want to get on in speedway don't be in McDonalds at 6.40pm eating when you should have been in the pits by then. Not very clever.

And I thought I was a cynic!

• Like 1

The race that turned this meeting.

Copied from live updates: Heat 11: Simota, Newman, Howarth, Harrison 50.97 5-1 35-31

Line Up: Newman, Simota, Howarth, Harrison

Comments: Untidy start. All 4 back.

Rerun: Newman and Harrison down bend 2. All 4 back. Both up and ok.

Rerunx2: A captains ride from Newman! Out of bend 2 in front of Howarth who he held up enough for Simota to squeeze round the outside of both of them on bend 4.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14743/plymouth-workington-pl-17-15pm?page=1#ixzz3gBb6iq2C

Complete and utter farce from referee Jim Laurence. How on earth wasn't Newman excluded for falling and bringing down Harrison? There is no way it should have been all 4 back.

Ostergaard did the same in when P'bro were here a few weeks ago, and was rightly excluded. Newman did EXACTLY the same in the same meeting , yet got away with 'all 4 back'. It turned that meeting too. That's twice Newman has got away with poor riding. Shocking decisions. In the rerun, I don't agree that Newman team rode either. He was busying himself with Howarth. That in turn left room for Sam to blast round the boards. Nothing intentional about trying to get Sam through. It was only when they reached the back straight next lap that they settled down.

The result of Ht11 would probably have been a 3-3, maybe even a 2-4, thus Comets would have got at least a point. As it was, it was the 2nd 5-1 of three on the bounce, and Devils were visibly lifted.

Holder basically didn't turn up for his first 2 rides, before taking Wells round the outside, much to most peoples surprise. Wells got it back before Holder hit the notorious 3rd bend bump, catapulting him into the fence. Very good in his last 2 rides though, he actually gated!

Both Risager and Simota rode probably their best meetings of the season at the SBA.

Edited to add ; To Matt Bates. If you want to get on in speedway don't be in McDonalds at 6.40pm eating when you should have been in the pits by then. Not very clever.

Im really looking forward to coming down to Plymouth at the end of the month for the first time to watch Kyle Newman ride. Also taking in Somersets home visit of the Devils on the Friday.. !! ;)

Im really looking forward to coming down to Plymouth at the end of the month for the first time to watch Kyle Newman ride. Also taking in Somersets home visit of the Devils on the Friday.. !! ;)

You might well see Newman win a race or two at the SBA but I very much doubt you will witness him team riding, as I have yet to see it happen

Being a Poole fan though you must know that. His team mate made it very clear in this weeks Speedway Star what he thought of his lack of team riding at Swindon. Yet Newman complained on Sky when Gomolski did a similar thing, bit hypocritical!

they should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky..........

OK Leopold, now look what you've started!! :party: