British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Wolverhampton Wolves Vs Poole Pirates 20/07/2015

Well done to the Wolves.

Poole leading the way again in showing the rest of the EL how to defeat from the jaws of victory!!!

Anyway, Wednesday is another day - still in 2nd place. :t: I wonder who will get the short straw of getting Poole in the semis? :wink:

August averages after last night (subject to BSPA approval) MJ 8.80; CH 7.78; DW 6.41; DN 5.86; KG 4.97. Total 33.82.

Sorry, but I am the only person not wanting to be standing in the SKY office as some over payed flunkie tries to explain why D-Head darts took precedence over what would/should have been a classic EL speedway meeting. Or did the Poole biased team at SKY purposely shy away lest we see an on-screen melt-down from a grief stricken presenter as the 'chosen' are humbled.

Sky are many things, but clairvoyant isn't one of them. To be fair on recent form, the meeting didn't look like it was going to be a close or exciting one.

I mentioned this earlier.

In both heats 10 and 13 Lindgren was very aggressive (fairly) on Holder. Holder had a run on the back straight into turn 3 on both occasions and Lindgren got out wide to ensure his run was blocked. On both occasions this forced Holder to the back.

After Heat 13, Holder blocked Lindgren as he went to turn off the track back to the pits, then proceeded to have words as they rode back towards the pits.

In Heat 15 they were once again involved in a great scrap with Lindgren again emerging on top, upon exiting the track Holder accelerated up the ramp over the greyhound track and up the path leading back round to the pits, clearly annoyed at the result. He went too quick, tried to avoid by pulling a broadside and collided with the ambulance. Pretty sure he wasn't injured, but if he was it would be entirely self-inflicted, the ambulance is stationery in its normal position, nowhere near the track. Holder was simply riding out of control off track.. wasn't Lambert fined for something similar earlier in the year?

I think being shown up by Lindgren 3 times in 1 meeting is punishment enough really ;)

• Like 1

Well done to the Wolves.

Poole leading the way again in showing the rest of the EL how to ###### defeat from the jaws of victory!!!

Anyway, Wednesday is another day - still in 2nd place. :t: I wonder who will get the short straw of getting Poole in the semis? :wink:

August averages after last night (subject to BSPA approval) MJ 8.80; CH 7.78; DW 6.41; DN 5.86; KG 4.97. Total 33.82.

The fact that North has dropped over a point from July averages says it all, got rid of the wrong Australian, should have kept Josh G.

Errmmm not really. Poole got 46 points - that's a win in a 15 heat match. Only thing is, Wolves were given 3 extra points for nothing.

Not a dig at Wolves, just a comment on the ludicrous jeux sans frontieres golden double rule.

Of course if the old TAC sub rules were in place wolves would probably have won by six points, by gaining an 8 pt swing in the preceding race rather than a 3 pt gain via the golden double
  • Like 2

Sadly this meeting was consigned to the meaningless bin by the fantastic pokc.

One team already qualified against another with no chance to qualify, simply nothing to race for other than as if it was a challenge. Not much point going on about how important top spot is either, last season Kings Lynn were going for top for the first time in their history and nobody bothered to go to their last away meeting, 5 turned up last night for the crucial pokc qualifier. Clearly sky also realised the darts was a much better proposition.

Now on the other hand if top actually meant something not only would this have been on TV but there would have been hundreds of Poole fans there as well. The pokc sycophants will point to the fact that the meeting at Belle Vue proves that it's what the fans want, I reckon the two meetings last night was another net loss for speedway.

The benefits of the pokc and the double points tr bollox in one night, back of the net!

There were a few fans of Poole there last night and while we would have won without the tac ride it has worked for us in the past and i think it is a good thing to keep meetings closer and i believe it does matter who tops the table as it means you get first pick and also, maybe more importantly it gives you home advantage in the second leg which also means, if you make the final and win, you celebrate at home which in my view is always preferable.

The meeting at Monmore Green was a winner for speedway as it was two teams battling for every point and loads of good racing with lots of passing.

• Like 2

HadrienDog- Nobody will be in the firing line for not broadcasting this match as the reason there is no matches this week is due to the darts.

The same production team do Speedway and Darts at Sky so hence can't be in two places at once

• Like 1

HadrienDog- Nobody will be in the firing line for not broadcasting this match as the reason there is no matches this week is due to the darts.

The same production team do Speedway and Darts at Sky so hence can't be in two places at once

Exactly - Nigel can't be in 2 places at once! :D

I don't know he manages to be in the commentary position and up Darcy Ward's ar$e at the same time quite a lot.

• Like 6

Yes, they battled hard. Yes it's great for the Wolves fans to have something to cheer about. Yes the rules are the same for everyone. No, they didn't deserve to win, the opposition got 46 points and in a sane world there should be only 90 points available for 15 heats.

By the way, removing my impartial hat, I'm glad Poole lost.............

They deserved to win as they scored the most point under the rules of the sport. Simple.

Anyone saying anything else is deluded. Everything changes when you take the tac ride away, there is no guarantee poole would have scored 46.. May have been more, may have been less.

• Like 2

You might hear him in two places at one time.

I'd prefer the 'spoon' in neither!

• Like 1

I don't know he manages to be in the commentary position and up Darcy Ward's ar$e at the same time quite a lot.

Love it 😂😂😂

I'd prefer the 'spoon' in neither!

Like that, just replying to numerous posts anybody that was there knows why Holder in 15 no brainer

• Like 1