British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington Comets V Newcastle Diamonds 18/07/15 Pl 19:00 Hrs

Surprised no one has mentioned heat 9 when Rene Bach fell and the race continued .......Rene and bike marooned on the second bend as three riders sped passed him!!

Could have been very nasty , may be the ref should be fined?

Edited by topaz325

Surprised no one has mentioned heat 9 when Rene Bach fell and the race continued .......Rene and bike marooned on the second bend as three riders sped passed him!!

Could have been very nasty , may be the ref should be fined?

The Ref put the red lights on as the riders crossed the start/finish line at the start of lap 3, presumably so that he could then award the race.

I live in hope of the removal of this particular Rule jenga. :) :)

and a few other mickey mouse rules as well ..

The Ref put the red lights on as the riders crossed the start/finish line at the start of lap 3, presumably so that he could then award the race.

Sorry Steve i was not there last night only going off updates.....

I lied i was there the riders flew passed Rene on the second bend, as i said could have been very nasty, ref at fault!!

rider were still racing as they approached rene, in fact hanson was just passed neilson for first when eveyone noticed the red lights. one chap near us was ranting and raving to a flag marshall and asking him why he didst put his flag out to stop the race earlier. to.. he replied , he could only put the flag out when the ref had put the red lights on. that's the rules. the worky supporter did not seem to grasp that flag men cannot stop a race, only the ref in charge can.

but if the ref was waiting for the riders to cross the line to start another lap before hitting the red light, he was playing a dangerous game with rider lives . rene was on the outside of the first/second bend and in line to be taken out . only the swift action of the riders avoided a huge pile up. so black mark for the ref there.

Edited by jenga

Tactical Rides shouldn't be allowed for either the Home or the Away Teams. The Rule is a Fiddle and a Cheat. That is a fact.

its not, it's your opinion,,,

I've been banging on about this for years (some people think I am obsessed by it - and they may be right) FACT it is the one and only reason I now never go to Speedway Meetings.

Legalized CHEATING!!!!!

If its legal, how's it cheating ???

If they ever scrap the Rule - I will be back like a shot.

I have my principles.

Until the Rule has gone- then - so have I.

:P

To be fair Rene did try and clear the track, on that basis the ref couldn't have left it any later. Uprorar in the crowd as the ref awarded the race when it was very clear than Hansen had more than an even chance of passing for the win. From my view, ref got the decision to stop it right but not to award it. Should have been re-run.

For those who despise the tac sub rule, fine, but that is the rule, from the spectator view, it kept the meeting alive, not the rules fault that Newcastle didn't deal with it. Same for both sides regardless of location and teams.

• Like 2

Yeah, our lads seemed to lose their wind after it, but hey ho, I have been at too many ultra one -sided meetings and lost interest in the out come only for the TR to add some spice to really see its loss. Sure, I have stood on the terraces or sat in the armchair shouting 'what the fu*k' when it goes against you, but hey the euphoria when the opposition tac.sub. is pulling a cool last is still a hoot.

Yeah, our lads seemed to lose their wind after it, but hey ho, I have been at too many ultra one -sided meetings and lost interest in the out come only for the TR to add some spice to really see its loss. Sure, I have stood on the terraces or sat in the armchair shouting 'what the fu*k' when it goes against you, but hey the euphoria when the opposition tac.sub. is pulling a cool last is still a hoot.

It doesn't to me - it just exacerbates my anger.

Doesn't matter which Team is involved, my Team or the Opposition Team - I feel exactly the same.

Edited by The White Knight

To be fair Rene did try and clear the track, on that basis the ref couldn't have left it any later. Uprorar in the crowd as the ref awarded the race when it was very clear than Hansen had more than an even chance of passing for the win. From my view, ref got the decision to stop it right but not to award it. Should have been re-run.

For those who despise the tac sub rule, fine, but that is the rule, from the spectator view, it kept the meeting alive, not the rules fault that Newcastle didn't deal with it. Same for both sides regardless of location and teams.

nobody is saying it shouldnt have been stopped they are saying it should have been stopped sooner

I have my principles.

Until the Rule has gone- then - so have I.

sorry but thats a poor excuise not to attend speedway

It doesn't to me - it just exacerbates my anger.

Doesn't matter which Team is involved, my Team or the Opposition Team - I feel exactly the same.

What! no elation as the opposition has just screwed up yet again. Not only have they already had a really bad night, but now their tac sub has really ballsed it up for a last. Is this not a further cause for humour in TWK. household.

What! no elation as the opposition has just screwed up yet again. Not only have they already had a really bad night, but now their tac sub has really ballsed it up for a last. Is this not a further cause for humour in TWK. household.

Afraid not my friend.

I can see no humour in the Tactical Ride at all, just irritation and anger.

No point in paying to get myself angry. There is only one other option and I have taken it.

I still maintain an interest on the excellent Newcastle 'chat room' during Meetings. I still get annoyed, but at least I haven't paid for the privilege.