British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Berwick V Rye House Sat 25th Koc Q/f 2nd Leg

if they closed the gates tonight would anyone miss it

Yes, me. There's points up for grabs on 5th September

• Like 1

This must go down as one of the worst performances in recent years, individually and collectively.

if they closed the gates tonight would anyone miss it

Yes I think everyone would, but if it goes it almost certainly goes for good.

• Like 1

I am disapointed in how the season has went. Find the entertaient and racing poor but the last thing i want is no speedway at berwick . I live in hope that next season will improve and my grandkids love going too.

Here is a controversial idea. During the closedd season fans put £10 per week into a fund . Not to give to promotion but to buy a share in club and a voice when making decisions. Or to become club sponsors but only if there is an input level agreed when decisions made.

For example 26 weeks 100 fans =£ 26,000

Which should buy a considerable share or input. I know lots of people going to have their opinion . But to be clear i wouldnt want this to be seen as s way to line promotions pocket its meant as a way to have input and some control. .ok silly idea but someone come up with something better to help speedway survive in berwick

• Like 4

I am disapointed in how the season has went. Find the entertaient and racing poor but the last thing i want is no speedway at berwick . I live in hope that next season will improve and my grandkids love going too.

Here is a controversial idea. During the closedd season fans put £10 per week into a fund . Not to give to promotion but to buy a share in club and a voice when making decisions. Or to become club sponsors but only if there is an input level agreed when decisions made.

Which should buy a considerable share or input. I know lots of people going to have their opinion . But to be clear i wouldnt want this to be seen as s way to line promotions pocket its meant as a way to have input and some control. .ok silly idea but someone come up with something better to help speedway survive in Berwick

Maybe Berwick`s promotion could talk to or look at the way Edinburgh have gone about setting up a fans scheme of raising money for the club.

What a breath of fresh air it was to have a decent centre green presenter instead of the old out of date crescent gir sorry dick Barrie send him home in edbergs taxi to save the fare

Thankfully Mr. Barrie doesn't go onto speedway forums as he has reminded us many times in his column.

Which should buy a considerable share or input. I know lots of people going to have their opinion . But to be clear i wouldnt want this to be seen as s way to line promotions pocket its meant as a way to have input and some control. .ok silly idea but someone come up with something better to help speedway survive in berwick

This is the way clubs are run in Denmark and Sweden and to be honest I wish clubs in Britain were run in the same way. Run as proper "clubs" by fans, each with an appointed role, like chairman, treasurer, secretary, one person oversees meetings and the rest are made up by volunteers. You tend to find a lot more support in the community, especially businesses, behind a bunch of volunteers, trying to do something for the community, than a single entity promoter. Each member gets a vote to decide on the way the club is ran. Go onto any of the websites of the Danish or Swedish clubs and you see how it works.

• Like 3

Another Saturday night another defeat the enigma that is Berwick Bandits,Rockets wanted it more was impressed with Massen and Bowen well done to Rye House. Hope you enjoyed your chips n curry sauce Shads as much as the result.Just thinking for the next 2 weekends will have an extra £70 to drown my sorrows.R you still with us Big Ed?

Thankfully Mr. Barrie doesn't go onto speedway forums as he has reminded us many times in his column.

yeah and the pope doesn't pray

It's a good idea in principle, but do you know how long that amount of cash would last?

Not very long, likely not even a month, and that would just be propping up cash flow.

I feel for the guys running it. They have 2 of the top riders in the league out for most of the season, which makes a massive difference, and a small faction hell bent on giving them unreasonable grief.

Why continue to bankroll something when you get a load of crap for your efforts.

I'll add to that some riders letting them down too.

Last night was bad, I'm not going to pretend I enjoyed that. Can excuse TJ a very rare off night. Garbage performance from guests/reserves.

Two new assets looking nice and hungry. Kevin Doolan another magnificent Captain's performance.

I get the feeling we need to show we support THE CLUB and show our appreciation that these guys keep speedway running out of their own pocket ( and hard work).

Or it will be lost for good. It really is a position where fans can make or break the club.

It's not the time for cheap shots.

• Like 2

I've heard there has been a couple of offers for it, John and Ryan told me that they were selling it but they havn't made it public, if they are its probably time they did to give someone a chance to buy it

This is the way clubs are run in Denmark and Sweden and to be honest I wish clubs in Britain were run in the same way. Run as proper "clubs" by fans, each with an appointed role, like chairman, treasurer, secretary, one person oversees meetings and the rest are made up by volunteers. You tend to find a lot more support in the community, especially businesses, behind a bunch of volunteers, trying to do something for the community, than a single entity promoter. Each member gets a vote to decide on the way the club is ran. Go onto any of the websites of the Danish or Swedish clubs and you see how it works.

Ownership in so many hands can be difficult as everyone often thinks they have a say in everything. When things don't go their way they aren't scared to voice it and factions break out leading to major problems behind the scenes. Add in Berwick fans ability for in-fighting as demonstrated on this forum for the last 2 years and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Hope Berwick do run next year, they are going through a poor run including last season but this happens to many clubs. Going through the shyt seasons make you appreciate the good ones more.

• Like 2

All hail the Berwick Monarchs 2016. No wonder Cookie has developed a liking for Shielfield recently.

Now there's a thought!!! Can you imagine how good Berwick could be with Doc on the tractor!!! You'd have to give him those big fellas, he'd be ecstatic

Seriously tho' all this doom and gloom is sad and, as I have said before, Berwick is a great venue.

A fans trust like Edinburgh's could make a huge difference tho' or a Grand draw. We all know how generous Berwick fans are, you only have to look at every years Ben Fund collection and how quickly the buckets come out and fill up whenever a rider is in need.

I would suggest it has to work WITH the promotion as the logistics of fans "having a say" is probably unworkable in the long term. Losses can be huge and difficult to plug but it all helps.