British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Fixtures 2015 - 2016

Coverage of Krasnogorsk is on Eurosport 2 tonight at 21.25, repeated at various times over the next few days with round 2 set for early March.

Repeated Friday at 8pm (for those of you who have other halves who insist on recording Greys Anatomy, Madame Secretary and Blue Bloods, plus want to watch the programme on the CPS on BBC4. :rofl: )

Repeated Friday at 8pm (for those of you who have other halves who insist on recording Greys Anatomy, Madame Secretary and Blue Bloods, plus want to watch the programme on the CPS on BBC4. :rofl:

Thank you for that essential assistance to those with severe relationship problems.

I've heard of one of those programmes. Thankfully I have a device which records TV and I know where to hide the remote from Mrs McCaffery (it isn't her fault - she WAS a Hackney Hawks fan), so no problem with clashes and I can record the Ice Racing ;-) It's very useful, you know....

I note that Friday at 8 clashes with the Wales v France rugby match on BBC 1, Best Walks with a View with Julia Bradbury on ITV, All Loved-Up! 50 Singalong Hits on Magic TV, Ainsi Soient-Ils on TV5 Monde and crucially Cuimhneachan on BBC Alba. Nothing like a nice bit of Gaelic on your TV. :wink:

I think I'll be in the pub.

The second repeat is at 5.15 am on Saturday on Eurosport for shift workers, those with a sleep problem or at 7 am on Sunday on Eurosport 2 for those just getting in from a damn good night out.

Coverage of Alma-Aty gets its airings:

March 8th 10 am - Eurosport and 13.00 Eurosport 2

March 10th 11.15 and 21.50, both Eurosport.

So, only one opportunity to fall out with your partner in prime time there, although there could be discord over Alan Carr: Chatty Man, Ancient Egypt: Life and Death in the Valley of the Kings, Running Wild with Bear Grylls on D-MAX or again, maddeningly the final ten minutes of Japan Railway Journal on NHK World. I suspect we will survive. :wink:

It is the FIM production that was carried on Motors TV in previous years - no credits so unable to identify the production company (in-house FIM?) or commentator. Heats are heavily edited to get two days' racing into one hour.

Oh, it was so much simpler, and healthier, when there were 3 channels only, no remote control, no means of recording - apart from maybe a cine camera pointed at the TV - but still having highlights of ice speedway on World of Sport's Sports Special on a Saturday afternoon. The good old days...

It is the FIM production that was carried on Motors TV in previous years - no credits so unable to identify the production company (in-house FIM?) or commentator. Heats are heavily edited to get two days' racing into one hour.

Commentator is Alex Raby and the production company are Interzona Films

The Swedish pairs final on March 2 at Mariestad is off! Really unprofessional handling throughout. If they had decided to switch the meeting from Otterbacken to Mariestad a couple of days earlier, it would probably have worked, but to create an ice from scratch in 8 days was simply not possible. With 6 days left, the club gave up.

The individual Swedish final at Hallstavik will go ahead as planned on Sunday, as will Saturday's league match at Bollnas.

By the way, I am also coming to Berlin next weekend....

Seems Luca Bauer agrees with me about his starts and that he can't give better competiton that advantage(i.e German Championship),but seems he did have technical problems rather than just being a bad gater

http://www.speedweek.com/eisspeedwayem/news/88215/Luca-Bauer-Miese-Starts-dann-Angriff-auc39fen-herum.html

The Swedish pairs final on March 2 at Mariestad is off! Really unprofessional handling throughout. If they had decided to switch the meeting from Otterbacken to Mariestad

a couple of days earlier, it would probably have worked, but to create an ice from scratch in 8 days was simply not possible.

Realistically, the weather is and have been too warm to have it at a naturally frozen track at Mariestad anyway so I don't understand why they even thought about moving it?

It's time the clubs realized that the weather this far south is too unreliable to have ice racing events on naturally frozen tracks.

The Swedish pairs final on March 2 at Mariestad is off! Really unprofessional handling throughout. If they had decided to switch the meeting from Otterbacken to Mariestad a couple of days earlier, it would probably have worked, but to create an ice from scratch in 8 days was simply not possible. With 6 days left, the club gave up.

The individual Swedish final at Hallstavik will go ahead as planned on Sunday, as will Saturday's league match at Bollnas.

By the way, I am also coming to Berlin next weekend....

I agree Jonas. I also found it strange that they were expressing concerns on Saturday about whether it would run at Mariestad and that was two days before any announcement was made that it wasn't running at Otterbacken.

I am really pleased I went to Ostersund and Stromsund now!

Realistically, the weather is and have been too warm to have it at a naturally frozen track at Mariestad anyway so I don't understand why they even thought about moving it?

It's time the clubs realized that the weather this far south is too unreliable to have ice racing events on naturally frozen tracks.

I completely agree GW!

Aakko won before Jetsonen and Norola. Järf was challenging Aakko for the lead on lap two when his bike jumped and almost threw him off. He hang on but fell eventually. It was a well run meeting good racing with passes and all and witnessed by over 1200 people. They announced 1120 by heat ten but people were still coming in.

• Like 2

Stefan Svensson won the Swedish Championship yesterday at Hallstavik before Ove Ledström, Daniel Henderson and Niclas Svensson. The attendance was just over 4000 which seems to be a good number, atleast according to Mikael Teurnberg from Rospiggarna.

Link with result:

https://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/Competition/IndividualDrivingSchedule/CompetitionLiveResult.aspx?Branch=Isracing&Columns=CompetitionInfo%2CBranch%2CName%2CArena%2CFromDateShort&Datefilter=Today&pagesize=6&CompetitionId=7058&SortByResults=true

Link with short interview with Mikael Teurnberg:

http://norrteljetidning.se/sport/1.3608302-over-4-000-sag-sm-finalen-i-parken

On the German forum it states that Seifter is out injured for Berlin.His place is taken by Niedermaier and Max's wildcard goes to Hans Weber....not sure if that is confirmed