British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Rye House V Birmingham Sat 25th July

Forecast is excellent tomorrow so expect it to be on.

always expect the unexpected where Len silver is concerned!

rained all day today and forecast is for the rain not to stop until 06:00 Saturday.Hope its on but have my doubts. Expect an early decision tomorrow one way or another.

I will be amazed if it's off, dry sunny spells and warm. On Wednesday there was two hours of heavy rain from 12-2 and yet Cradley didn't call it off because the forecast was excellent for the afteroon. The track if anything was a tad dry, so it's amazing what a few hours of sun beating down on the track can do isn't it. If the forecasts are accurate then 12hrs is sufficient time to produce at the very least a rideable track. We shall see in the morning.... Edited by Brummie Kev

No news of this being off so I'm heading for Rye tonight. Lets see if Uncle Lens made the track extra grippy for this one 😉

Oh well our first loss (it had to happen some time)a few points thrown away by the sounds of it - but still pleased to come away with a league point! Go Brummies................

Oh well our first loss (it had to happen some time)a few points thrown away by the sounds of it - but still pleased to come away with a league point! Go Brummies................

Don't think you would have got the point if Rob Branford had been riding.

I think Rye could make it interesting if they can squeeze into the top four by seasons end.

Junior

• Like 1

First visit to Rye House for me last night, never made it in the Premier League days, I know this will antagonise some people but it was a bit of dive to be honest, I've said elsewhere that the biggest issue with the sport in this country is the piss poor facilities and Rye is sadly a good example, I'm not sure how many first timers would want to return to somewhere like that. Shame as there's seemingly space there to do a bit of work behind the first and second bend at least.

Fully deserved win for the home side, looked like we might have snatched it at the end before Kirby fell off on the final bend of lap 4 in his penultimate ride, but it would've been unjust. Last night showed what the well known issue is with this team, if one of the "big hitters" don't have a great night then we struggle, and it was Zach last night who just wasn't on the pace, first time he's ridden the track I assume because he just couldn't seem to get going. All hypothetical of course but turn those first two rides into 4 points instead of 1 and we win the meeting, and it's unlike him to be running thirds and lasts this year.

Ellis was outstanding and Josh Bates looked really good too, good riding style, it'll be a shame to have to lose him when Tom Perry is back. Kirby is frustrating, you can see why his average has dropped, the bloke just can't stay on the bike when in scoring positions, he's never going to be the fastest but everytime I've seen him he's left at least a couple of points out on track through only his own undoing.

Wilson struggled and Phillips was a bit of an embarrassment, to be blunt, I suppose there aren't a whole load of credible options to bring in on a 3 point average at this stage of the season but we've been struggling with that one spot all season ever since Harvie Banks started with it at #4.

Was only my 3rd meeting of the season for a number of reasons, but I have to be honest that the National League isn't really doing it for me, too many individual errors and not enough racing in what I've seen so far. I hope the crowds are there at Perry Barr to give us the opportunity to move up to the Premier League next season.

• Like 1

First visit to Rye House for me last night, never made it in the Premier League days, I know this will antagonise some people but it was a bit of dive to be honest, I've said elsewhere that the biggest issue with the sport in this country is the piss poor facilities and Rye is sadly a good example, I'm not sure how many first timers would want to return to somewhere like that. Shame as there's seemingly space there to do a bit of work behind the first and second bend at least.

actually the place is not as bad as it looks - we have new owners in who started re-development work but are not now going to continue until the end of the season - the bare earth banks on each corner are new this season and are uncompleted - they will then provide viewing on the bends over the air fence next season

Good to hear, definitely needs smartening up and unlike a lot of tracks there seems to be scope there to do something half decent.

First visit to Rye House for me last night, never made it in the Premier League days, I know this will antagonise some people but it was a bit of dive to be honest,

Hey, come on...the fish'n'chips at Rye House are legendary. It's not all that bad.

Good to hear, definitely needs smartening up and unlike a lot of tracks there seems to be scope there to do something half decent.

new owners are very keen and seem to have lots of ideas - the other good thing is that they own the stadium so are free to do what they want

Hey, come on...the fish'n'chips at Rye House are legendary. It's not all that bad.

the fish and chips haven't been legendary at rye for years. Mildenhall lead the way in that department.

Great night all round for Rye House as a whole. Glad I went to the Raiders meeting, well worth the tenner to get in, havn't seen a bad NL meeting there yet, great entertainment & Kyle Hughes heat 15 WOW.

The team spirit is evident. Well done.

• Like 2

Concur in all respects with Hob Nob. Raiders in the NL is probably the best value for a tenner in speedway anywhere. That the boys have visibly improved and grown in ability, confidence and track craft as the season progresses is a testament to there own commitment and the management of the team.

Plenty of heart in mouth incidents (Danyon Hume!!!) but rich entertainment none the less.