British Speedway Forum
ekimba

2015 Season Injuries

Surely this must now be the worst season ever for injuries.

I say this after last nights "action" where we have another 3 riders out, most probably for the rest of the season.

Is it just this year we have seen more serious injuries or is there some other underlying reason.

Are, like some people make out, the bikes just too difficult to control with the new silencer or could it be the tracks that are at fault.

I don't know the answer so I am asking the question hoping some of the more knowledgeable posters out there can supply some answers / opinions.

If we keep getting injuries at the current rate, there wont even be enough riders to fill the play off teams.

I will be honest I am totally disillusioned with the "sport" just now due to all the inconsistencies with guests, Double uppers, and clear rules amongst other things.

I think it is time to completely reorganise the British set up and take a step backwards if we have to, otherwise the only section on this forum will be the International section.

I say this after last nights "action" where we have another 3 riders out, most probably for the rest of the season.

Is it just this year we have seen more serious injuries or is there some other underlying reason.

Are, like some people make out, the bikes just too difficult to control with the new silencer or could it be the tracks that are at fault.

I don't know the answer so I am asking the question hoping some of the more knowledgeable posters out there can supply some answers / opinions.

If we keep getting injuries at the current rate, there wont even be enough riders to fill the play off teams.

I will be honest I am totally disillusioned with the "sport" just now due to all the inconsistencies with guests, Double uppers, and clear rules amongst other things.

I think it is time to completely reorganise the British set up and take a step backwards if we have to, otherwise the only section on this forum will be the International section.

It isn't the Tracks. The Bikes, as I have said many times are simply too powerful for the Tracks they are expected to race on. Given that Tracks have hardly changed in shape or length since the 1920s - it has to be down to the Bikes. For me, and here, even such an illustrious Speedway World Champion as 'Briggo' agrees that the Lay Down Engines have only made things worse - not better.

• Like 2

I come back to speedway 3 years ago after an absence of 30 years or so, and I am amazes at the amount of bad accidents - and thats with the air fences. Collar bone problems especially.

Assuming the tracks havent changed, what has - the bikes.

I suppose at gp level top riders want an advantage over their competitors and therefore tuning to max is probably the order of the day, but at other meetings things may need slowing down, you still get good racing but techniques would be finely tuned, ie throttle control, keeo the wheels in line (as much as possible) etc

• Like 1

Agree 100% the sport is struggling to be taken seriously.you will get the usual quotes that the injuries are no worse than before,but surely that statistic is going out the window .

Hand up the rider to throw a leg over the slower , safer more controlable bike first..... not many if any. I do agree with previous comments....Its all made worse as strokes get shorter and flywheels lighter......and this is the most common way to make more horse power....

They say you should always go forward but in this case I feel speedway needs to return to uprights,they are easier to ride and to control.

Edited by robert72
  • Like 2

They say you should always go forward but in this case I feel speedway needs to return to uprights,they are easier to ride and to control.

Lay downs are far easier to ride due to a lower centre of gravity. The difficulty with modern bikes is short stroke motors and lightweight flywheels means the engine simply dies when it hits resistence sending the bikes all over the place

• Like 2

It isn't the Tracks. The Bikes, as I have said many times are simply too powerful for the Tracks they are expected to race on. Given that Tracks have hardly changed in shape or length since the 1920s - it has to be down to the Bikes. For me, and here, even such an illustrious Speedway World Champion as 'Briggo' agrees that the Lay Down Engines have only made things worse - not better.

IS that why you finished up on the VW CENTER CAR PARK? (you are a mister know all aren't you)

IS that why you finished up on the VW CENTER CAR PARK? (you are a mister know all aren't you)

No not really. I don't think I can learn anything from you though.

At least I know how to frame a Post. I just don't understand the first part of your Post. (That's not unusual in your case).

No not really. I don't think I can learn anything from you though.

At least I know how to frame a Post. I just don't understand the first part of your Post. (That's not unusual in your case).

Well stop telling every body HOW WHEN and WERE you might be good on your key pads but have you EVER been on a speedway bike? Sir Lancelot by the way have you been paintballing with hot arse?

Well stop telling every body HOW WHEN and WERE you might be good on your key pads but have you EVER been on a speedway bike? Sir Lancelot by the way have you been paintballing with hot arse?

Are kids really allowed to leave school this stupid

• Like 2

Lay downs are far easier to ride due to a lower centre of gravity. The difficulty with modern bikes is short stroke motors and lightweight flywheels means the engine simply dies when it hits resistence sending the bikes all over the place

I disagree, the uprights are the easiest to handle whatever engine is in the bike, lay downs and dirt deflectors were a bad decision,it wasn't thought out properly and was simply about making certain people richer.

Tracks are the same,riders have better safety gear yet more are getting injured, they need to make changes for safety and cost.

• Like 1

Are kids really allowed to leave school this stupid

Ignore him Oldace and with a bit of luck he might go away. That's what I have decided to do.

At least we can agree on something. :o;):) :)

Ignore him Oldace and with a bit of luck he might go away. That's what I have decided to do.

At least we can agree on something. :o;):) :)

have you lost. Your red pen ? tally Ho I'll leave you smokers be
  • Like 1