British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
em1500uk

Glasgow V Peterborough (26.07.15)

Can't see a topic created for this today so... MON THE PANTHERS :D:party:

I really do think that the weather could well be the winner up there today though...think it could well be wet wet wet?

Can't see a topic created for this today so... MON THE PANTHERS :D:party:

I really do think that the weather could well be the winner up there today though...think it could well be wet wet wet?

I was at Ascot horse racing yesterday , so not online to start a thread . Just got home an hour ago and so far it's a bright sunny morning in Glasgow . Fingers crossed Mrs Rain God is doing her knitting till about 6 o clock
  • Like 1

I'm amazed Paulco! :o I thought the weather was supposed to be bad up there. That's what made me cancel the idea of travelling up as it's an awfully long way to go for just one meeting (Workington last night, as I really didn't think they'd get a meeting in at Glasgow today). I will make it across the border to Scotland at some point :lol:

Rain dance

Yes I know that's what a certain someone was looking for ;)

• Like 1

I'm amazed Paulco! :o I thought the weather was supposed to be bad up there. That's what made me cancel the idea of travelling up as it's an awfully long way to go for just one meeting (Workington last night, as I really didn't think they'd get a meeting in at Glasgow today). I will make it across the border to Scotland at some point :lol:

The rain is forecast and once it arrives it will be on for the duration . I've heard it's currently raining on the west coast , so it's a case of praying it takes it's time getting to Glasgow

With all the rain that's fallen over the last few days its likely that another serious shower will put the meeting beyond doubt. There isn't enough heat in the air to dry up what's fallen though there is a bit of a wind which helps. If we do manage to get this on the track will be a bit of a lottery and any predictions go out the window.

A couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have been bothered if this had been rained off as it would give us a chance to see Lambert R, a great up and coming rider however we are once again looking like running out of dates. We lose next Sunday to the PL Fours though we are now racing Plymouth on the Monday night, have already lost the Cardiff GP weekend and lose Sunday 6 September to the PLRC. We still have to schedule in the LC Final and potentially a KO Cup Semi however the first available Sunday is the 23rd September. October weather is generally poor as we found out last year trying to run the home matches several times against Berwick and Workington that we never did do! Time for some smart thinking!

The rain is forecast and once it arrives it will be on for the duration . I've heard it's currently raining on the west coast , so it's a case of praying it takes it's time getting to Glasgow

There are some Panthers fans that are hoping for rain ;) Due to the fact they think we will get hammered!

With all the rain that's fallen over the last few days its likely that another serious shower will put the meeting beyond doubt. There isn't enough heat in the air to dry up what's fallen though there is a bit of a wind which helps. If we do manage to get this on the track will be a bit of a lottery and any predictions go out the window.

A couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have been bothered if this had been rained off as it would give us a chance to see Lambert R, a great up and coming rider however we are once again looking like running out of dates. We lose next Sunday to the PL Fours though we are now racing Plymouth on the Monday night, have already lost the Cardiff GP weekend and lose Sunday 6 September to the PLRC. We still have to schedule in the LC Final and potentially a KO Cup Semi however the first available Sunday is the 23rd September. October weather is generally poor as we found out last year trying to run the home matches several times against Berwick and Workington that we never did do! Time for some smart thinking!

The bold bit sounds like same old same old sadly. The fixtures should start much earlier, either that or perhaps it's time to do away with the league cup and just have the knock out cup and league itself to fight for?

There are some Panthers fans that are hoping for rain ;) Due to the fact they think we will get hammered!

We don't really hammer teams at home . It's a racer's track and most riders take to it . If this does go ahead I don't think there will be anymore than about 6 or 8 points in it .

We don't really hammer teams at home . It's a racer's track and most riders take to it . If this does go ahead I don't think there will be anymore than about 6 or 8 points in it .

Blimey! Well, that's optimistic for Panthers then! :D

In currently rain dancing on a rainy golf course, atleast tank us when we're competitive

Blimey! Well, that's optimistic for Panthers then! :D

I can see it being as close as the telly match earlier in the season down at Peterborough . I'm off to the Horseshoe Bar now , better still be dry when I leave there

The bold bit sounds like same old same old sadly. The fixtures should start much earlier, either that or perhaps it's time to do away with the league cup and just have the knock out cup and league itself to fight for?

We only had 5 home matches during May and June due to rain offs and no one wanting to come on a date in May. As a weekend club we also suffer disproportionately with shared events and the Cardiff GP. Time for a change of race day to a week night during the Summer months to avoid it all.

Seems like the meeting is going ahead after all! 21-21 so far so I've been told...

Rain dance

and there is me thinking all panthers fans were proper cowboy, when they turn out to be injuns..lol.