British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Coventry

Incoming calls are diverted from the Lakeside speedway office at times it's not manned to another number (not mine!) DJ thanks to modern technology! :t: I would hazard a guess that most clubs who do not own their stadiums make similar arrangements.

If that is so, what's the point of people calling when the guy at the other end of the phone isn't at the stadium and is probably in no better position to comment on track and weather conditions than I am from 160 miles away. ;)

• Like 1

I would most certainly think that a guy living less than five miles from the track would be in a far better position than someone (you DJ?) 160 miles away regarding weather conditions at the home of the Vortex Hammers. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 2

The award for the biggest sense of humour failure goes to.......................

Any chance a mention for Darcy Ward tonight?

Is he still in prison? :unsure:

Incoming calls are diverted from the Lakeside speedway office at times it's not manned to another number (not mine!) DJ thanks to modern technology! :t: I would hazard a guess that most clubs who do not own their stadiums make similar arrangements rather than use carrier pigeons! :D

Poole use Starman, who lives at the stadium.

• Like 1

Ha ha, not quite mate, but my London tones can be heard from time to time !! :D

Oh right, that's good to know.

Despite Davey Watt getting 5 points for us from four rides, against Belle Vue the other week.

That doesn't mean he wasn't trying and he did get paid 10 for Lakeside against Leicester.

I wonder about the World some people live in! Kim has a 9ish point home average. Davey hasn't been that good at Lakeside for a few years now. What I will say is it's not a massive drop but based on the stats alone, I'd pick Kim around Lakeside over Watt these days, just. Then theres Ash Birks who again with bonus points is averaging the best part of 9 at home, I'd pick him over Roynon pretty much every time.

Lakesides team is NOT the strongest they have had this year. It's probably not their weakest either tbf but I'm not getting all this super strong Lakeside talk!

As I said above, I'm going for a close meeting. In part because Lakesides meetings general have been close at home this year. They have a solid top 5 but seem to pick up to many lasts at reserve. But that could all go wrong with Ellis/Roynon or Hans/Harris turn up.

So your saying at the start of your post an easy away win then at the end Lakeside may sneak a win!! Personally hoping for a easy Lakeside win.

Edited by foreverblue

Oh I thought he lived up Matts arse.

• Like 1

2.30pm RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

Will shortly (3pmish) be picked up for the short distance journey from last slip road before Dartford Tunnels to Vortex Hammers Speedway office. Weather fine with more and more blue sky patches now showing through and NO hint of rain.

Remember Just £5 Adult admission to tonight's match that gets underway at 7.30pm

BBC Travel News suggests congestion from M20 to Dartford Tunnel Southside of Thames & Lakeside Services (exit to a1306 & stadium) to Thames Bridge Northside and will relate any further news on that once I'm at the track.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

So your saying at the start of your post an easy away win then at the end Lakeside may sneak a win!! Personally hoping for a easy Lakeside win.

I've said all along it'll be reasonably close. The start of my post doesn't mention anyone winning, it says that Lakeside are not the strongest they have been. Lakeside are probably very slightly stronger than last time Coventry were there and we managed a few narrow win but I'd expect Joonas to score better than last time too, so I don't see it changing too much.

I've said all along it'll be reasonably close. The start of my post doesn't mention anyone winning, it says that Lakeside are not the strongest they have been. Lakeside are probably very slightly stronger than last time Coventry were there and we managed a few narrow win but I'd expect Joonas to score better than last time too, so I don't see it changing too much.

Hopefully it will rain, then Havvy will want it called off after heat 9 and Lakeside take all the points!!

• Like 1

Hopefully the result.. :t:

Hopefully it will rain, then Havvy will want it called off after heat 9 and Lakeside take all the points!!

I would laugh if Coventry find themselves in Poole position of winning going into 10 and wanted it to carry on while Lakeside want it off. Would show everyone up.

I would laugh if Coventry find themselves in Poole position of winning going into 10 and wanted it to carry on while Lakeside want it off. Would show everyone up.

Think it would be the other way round mate.. Boo Hoo.. :rofl: