British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Rye 30th July Pl

Absolute tosh, Josh bates was no where near Jakobsen on the dog track, what Jakobsen triped over was a bike being wheeled back into the pits, 6 feet away from where I was stood. Oops he tripped!!!!! The mechanic apologised but Jakobsen dished out the verbal, so he got the verbal back.

I suppose you think it was unfair to disqualify Garrity in heat 4 aswell. Seems to be someone else who thought josh Bates joined in attacking Jakobsen so I don't think your impression of what happened is absolutely beyond question.

My opinion is also valid. It is my opinion of what appeared to take place.

I suppose you think it was unfair to disqualify Garrity in heat 4 aswell. Seems to be someone else who thought josh Bates joined in attacking Jakobsen so I don't think your impression of what happened is absolutely beyond question.

My opinion is also valid. It is my opinion of what appeared to take place.

No totally agree with Jason's exclusion. But Bates was no where near!!!! Fact!!!!

You want to read heat 2 Coventry match tonight on Speedway updates Mr Garrity

Was amazing for Bees again tonight. A joy to watch. Beat every rider in King's Lynn's team apart from NKI who he didn't meet in a heat.

Rye House's loss is Sheffield's gain 😉

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 3

Was amazing for Bees again tonight. A joy to watch. Beat every rider in King's Lynn's team apart from NKI who he didn't meet in a heat.

Couldn't agree more !!!
  • Like 2

Well I think he is a fantastic rider, he's enthusiastic but gets a bit too over excited at times which unfortunately leads to a racing incident. Thought it very funny last night when him and Josh were doing their "goon" racing after a 5-1 and the ref had to put the red lights on... :D

• Like 2

Garrity showing himself for the prat he is. Him and Bates don't have the iq of a Knat between them. Two thicker young men your unlikely to see. A shame they picked on a mild mannered man and not someone who will give them the good seeing to they both need. Perhaps Bates can fight a wall again?

Comedy from the Sheffield fans laughing about have Garrity over Jackobsen. I know which one will go a lot further in their careers. The one who just finished second in a world under 21 final or a thicko who will hurt himself very seriously before long. Jackobsen has more ability in his little finger than Garrity has. The guy is a menace on a bike, His upbringing wasn't good and that shows clearly.

Thought he was a prat when he rode for Rye and wasn't unhappy to see him leave. He'll get his comeuppance soon and there won't be a lot of tears shed anywhere.

• Like 2

Garrity showing himself for the prat he is. Him and Bates don't have the iq of a Knat between them. Two thicker young men your unlikely to see. A shame they picked on a mild mannered man and not someone who will give them the good seeing to they both need. Perhaps Bates can fight a wall again?

Comedy from the Sheffield fans laughing about have Garrity over Jackobsen. I know which one will go a lot further in their careers. The one who just finished second in a world under 21 final or a thicko who will hurt himself very seriously before long. Jackobsen has more ability in his little finger than Garrity has. The guy is a menace on a bike, His upbringing wasn't good and that shows clearly.

Thought he was a prat when he rode for Rye and wasn't unhappy to see him leave. He'll get his comeuppance soon and there won't be a lot of tears shed anywhere.

Well at least we got you to say something positive about Rye, that has not happened for some time.

• Like 2

And now starts the slagging match. Young Bates smoked your riders he was different class, maybe why he's been picked for GB U21 team qualies, people that matter realise he won't let them down, and yes I'm so dam proud of the lad for what he's achieved in a short time. Good on you Josh!!

Jakobsen, a mild mannered man???? From the language and posturing he used on Thursday he got what he deserved, a good earful, turned round and walked away.

l

• Like 4

Rye are a poor side. If your getting wet over beating riders like Massen and Bowen then you should calm down.

Bates or Garrity don't have the intelligence to go on and be top riders in the sport. Bates has even less ability than Garrity.

• Like 1

And now starts the slagging match. Young Bates smoked your riders he was different class, maybe why he's been picked for GB U21 team qualies, people that matter realise he won't let them down, and yes I'm so dam proud of the lad for what he's achieved in a short time. Good on you Josh!!

l

Same Bates that was beaten twice by Kyle Hughes at Rye House last Saturday?

It doesn't take a lot of skill to race the Sheffield track, just the right engine and set up.

Didn't have a lot of choice in that. He didn't want to be there last year, that was pretty clear to see with his half hearted performances.

Think Bates is one of if not the most over rated British rider about at the moment. Rye have a history of making average reserves look like world beaters around their home tracks. Remember Danny Warwick scoring almost 20 for Berwick against us round Shielfield Park one year, of course though he did go on to win the world title didn't he.

Garrity is a good rider and will develop further no doubt but only to a point because his attitude seems to leave a lot to be desired.

Edited by Ben91

Rye House's loss is Sheffield's gain

Agree with all of this

Lots of sour grapes on here, and some crazy comments about how good Garrity and Bates are from the Rye supporters, considering how few were there, they must all have been stood in the same place to see all the action and all must be posting on this thread

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 2

I remember when Billy Big Shoes joined us I was delighted but Belle Vue fans warned what you have in store,

Good luck Sheffield, in time you will need it as well.

Agree with all of this

Lots of sour grapes on here, and some crazy comments about how good Garrity and Bates are from the Rye supporters, considering how few were there, they must all have been stood in the same place to see all the action and all must be posting on this thread

Sour grapes?

We had a rider who didn't want to be there and caused all sorts of trouble last year. Did you see any of his "performances" for us last season?

As for Bates, I'll judge him by his scores against the top teams and away from a throttle jockey track.