British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Newcastle... 1st August 7pm

Was Nielsen's absence explained at all at the team presentations, cos he is in a good run recently- cert more than this Connor Mountain managed for us tonight. Mind you, if he came in at short notice, I applaud the lad for stepping up.

said he was unwell on updates i think.
  • Like 1

well...id have made changes months ago, but at the time maybe castagna if available??...Before sheffield snapped him up... Aarnio lost 1.5 off his average after one meeting hampering our choice of guests when he was missing.

So nobody you can think of then at the moment. Months go it could have ben suggested that Rose would not improve and possibly leave him out, especially as he wasn't scoring at EL level either. But they stuck with him and came good before his unfortunate crash. Or could it have been Simon who has recently come on a ton in recent meetings. Or could it have been Christian who might have got his form back, but for his crash. Or could it have been Kerr who is a shadow this year of what we expected him to be this year. Or could have been Anton......

Easy game this promoter lark innit.

Was Nielsen's absence explained at all at the team presentations, cos he is in a good run recently- cert more than this Connor Mountain managed for us tonight. Mind you, if he came in at short notice, I applaud the lad for stepping up.

Without knowing what was the reason, I see he has said sorry on Facebook(in a post to Steve Park) for not riding tonight. Did I not read he had gone back to Denmark a couple of weeks to rest up.

Gastro enteritis

Gastronenteritis I think.

So nobody you can think of then at the moment. Months go it could have ben suggested that Rose would not improve and possibly leave him out, especially as he wasn't scoring at EL level either. But they stuck with him and came good before his unfortunate crash. Or could it have been Simon who has recently come on a ton in recent meetings. Or could it have been Christian who might have got his form back, but for his crash. Or could it have been Kerr who is a shadow this year of what we expected him to be this year. Or could have been Anton......

Easy game this promoter lark innit.

didnt realise we were talking about now, i thought you meant instead of aarnio when he signed!.... Ok Dave, you were a promoter, how long do you give riders that arnt doing well?? When do you say?? Hes a canny lad but not good enough?? You say rose and neilsen have come on a ton?? No theyve improved but only back to more or less where they where 4 months ago, rosen has gone backwards and so has henry!! Now thats not a slant on them but if most of your team is mot performing to standard or enough to win matches then you are knackered.... Yes money is tight i understand that, but we arnt the only ones strapped for cash, yet just about every team in the league has found riders out there, so to suggest there isnt is a myth...

I dont think for one minute promoting is easy also, far from it.

Did you ever drop a rider??

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

didnt realise we were talking about now, i thought you meant instead of aarnio when he signed!.... Ok Dave, you were a promoter, how long do you give riders that arnt doing well?? When do you say?? Hes a canny lad but not good enough?? You say rose and neilsen have come on a ton?? No theyve improved but only back to more or less where they where 4 months ago, rosen has gone backwards and so has henry!! Now thats not a slant on them but if most of your team is mot performing to standard or enough to win matches then you are knackered.... Yes money is tight i understand that, but we arnt the only ones strapped for cash, yet just about every team in the league has found riders out there, so to suggest there isnt is a myth...

I dont think for one minute promoting is easy also, far from it.

Did you ever drop a rider??

I was, but you brought in the red herring of 'should have done this earlier'. It doesn't follow that cos other teams are signing riders that we must have been able to find one as well. Some of the recent signings have been for much higher average riders and even Castania has been available for awhile, and still only go a ride this late in the season.

As you say promoting isn't easy, everyone else knows all the answers. shame that.

There is never a correct time or formula for getting rid of a poor performing rider, it all depends. Can the team carry a rider who will come good, his injuries healing, a rider available to replace him, the demands of such a rider, your race night not acceptable to him, doesn't like your track, etc. Not easy, but if you keep the rider you are wrong for being too loyal, and if you get rid of them you can guarantee he will do 'better' in his next team and you got it wrong again. Critics are never wrong BTW.

Gastro enteritis

Up here we call that by an ever so slightly shorter and easier to spell name. The S***s. Cheers for the answer though.

• Like 1

I was, but you brought in the red herring of 'should have done this earlier'. It doesn't follow that cos other teams are signing riders that we must have been able to find one as well. Some of the recent signings have been for much higher average riders and even Castania has been available for awhile, and still only go a ride this late in the season.

As you say promoting isn't easy, everyone else knows all the answers. shame that.

There is never a correct time or formula for getting rid of a poor performing rider, it all depends. Can the team carry a rider who will come good, his injuries healing, a rider available to replace him, the demands of such a rider, your race night not acceptable to him, doesn't like your track, etc. Not easy, but if you keep the rider you are wrong for being too loyal, and if you get rid of them you can guarantee he will do 'better' in his next team and you got it wrong again. Critics are never wrong BTW.

no red herring?? You asked a question and i answerd it?? And no its not i easy i dont doubt that one bit.... But is a fan not allowed to ask a question?? Are they there just to put up and shut up or something??

You are a fan, you are a supporter.... you were a promoter, taking that hat off, is it unacceptable to want or expect better? Is it unacceptable to question decisions or do we all just have to go with the flow?? ... Did you drop mick powell?? If so, why??

Edited by Arson fire

Never been a great fan of Lambert, but tonight was one of if the best performance I have seen at Rye (first meeting 1976). Well done young man.an extraordinary performance.

Never been a great fan of Lambert, but tonight was one of if the best performance I have seen at Rye (first meeting 1976). Well done young man.an extraordinary performance.

Yes, seeing is believing, it took him exactly one heat to fathom out Brough, and after that you just were in awe of a sixteen year old with that much talent to ride in his manner. The next Tai or is he more akin to the raw Darcy?

• Like 2

Yes, seeing is believing, it took him exactly one heat to fathom out Brough, and after that you just were in awe of a sixteen year old with that much talent to ride in his manner. The next Tai or is he more akin to the raw Darcy?

yeah, for all those that call our track... That young lad embraced it that night and was top drawer. Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

A better team would've beaten us tonight. Not quite on it. Lambert was superb. What a talent. Better than Tai at the same stage.

i have to agree with you shads, what a performance. He was so quick, will that 54.7 ever be beaten!

Howay Dave get the rose tinted glasses off - this team never was strong enough before a wheel has even turned. The fact that it wasn't and that changes were not made at a much earlier stage is the reason why the team is in this position and crowds are massively down. I know you have bias towards the promotion and I also know you love your speedway no matter what also. Nothing wrong with that but it is in the main only a ever decreasing minority of die hards who are attending but in the long term it won't save the sport in Newcastle. You need a competitive team to attract the crowds and sorry but this one certainly isn't and never was from day one.

Edited by acclennell

Gastro enteritis

Is he the highly rated Italian? Got to be worth a gamble on a 3.00 for someone

Newcastle will take him, cos in our currant state, up s**t creek would suit him very well. Still hope for a fight back before the season's end, but Alamo comes to mind and George aint no Davy Crocket, let alone Daryl playing Jim Bowie, though I believe he may have his knife into someone soon.