British Speedway Forum
Trevor

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

Did Monday night go as you expected?

Couldn't of gone better.

• Like 3

Did Monday night go as you expected?

Thought we might have been good for at least a point! :sad: Still think now that Swindon have the edge for the play-offs even though I predicted BV at the beginning of the season.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I still think the Stars will be dragged back into the mix , its two from three rather than The Aces or Robins , lots of fixtures against one another

Agree all the way - plus the 'manufacturing' of extra league points like Robins did at Lakeside helps. Only 17-7 down and using a Double Points Ride in a match that they'd have won 47-43 anyway!! Rewarded for being rubbish early on. Yet at Kings Lynn shortly before that Belle Vue were never enough points behind to employ the Double Point Ride and had a 48-42 scoreline (and a league point) turn into 49-41 scoreline (and 0 league points) literally yards from the line in the last race. No reward for keeping a close score all night. It may be the rules but it stinks and one reason why some folks I know don't go anymore.

I presume those folks must have stopped going in 83 after the aces won the premiership by using a TAC sub in the final heat of the 2nd leg to get the required 5-1 which gave them a 2 pt win on aggregate?
  • Like 1

Whether this is true or not I'm not sure I care, but apparently Sydney, Aus gets more rainfall a year than Manchester, UK...

Sydney just get it in a couple of days though..

BTW...should Swindon finish 5th to Belle Vue's 4th, I'd almost agree with you, but then again BV will have earn't that 4th place..

My bruv in Adelaide, originally from London then Swindon, said Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, but not Adelaide, all have more rainfall than London, and there's a place in Queensland that has 7 times the rainfall of England.

Agree all the way - plus the 'manufacturing' of extra league points like Robins did at Lakeside helps. Only 17-7 down and using a Double Points Ride in a match that they'd have won 47-43 anyway!! Rewarded for being rubbish early on. Yet at Kings Lynn shortly before that Belle Vue were never enough points behind to employ the Double Point Ride and had a 48-42 scoreline (and a league point) turn into 49-41 scoreline (and 0 league points) literally yards from the line in the last race. No reward for keeping a close score all night. It may be the rules but it stinks and one reason why some folks I know don't go anymore.

I didn't realise the Robins made the rules too...

Would that be the same Robins that were literally yards from taking all 3 points early on in the season @ Kirky Lane?

Finally, the TR rule works both ways and The Robins lost the 2007 KOC after destroying Coventry early on.

I have just taken a look at each teams remaining fixtures and I really think KL will miss out. They have us twice and Poole and Coventry as well. Bad luck 2 years running could cost them. Got to feel for them if that does happen.

Play off semi's prediction.

Swindon Poole

BV Cov

Poole Cov final no sweat.

I think much depends on Swindon's away form. They have some really tough away matches. Unless one of the others trip up somewhere along the line, they are going to need an away win at one of the 'big' sides, I think.

Assuming all of the teams win their remaining home matches only they will finish on:

King's Lynn: 51

Belle Vue: 49

Swindon: 45

Remaining fixtures:

KL (H): Leicester X2, Coventry, Swindon

KL (A): Leicester, Swindon, Poole

BV (H) Lakeside, Swindon, Wolverhampton, Leicester

BV (A): Poole, Wolves

Swindon (H): Coventry, King's Lynn, Leicester

Swindon (A): Wolves, Belle Vue, Poole, Coventry, King's Lynn, Coventry.

Edited by MrMungo

Looking at the remaining fixtures I think Swindon could finish 3rd. They should be able to win their three remaining home fixtures. I can see them picking up a win at Wolves, possibly points at Belle Vue and Coventry as riders good on those tracks.

For Belle Vue I think the only team that might challenge them at home is Swindon (why is this not on TV that week instead of Poole & Swindon which looks likely to be more one sided again?)

An away win is also possible at Wolves. Belle Vue have drawn at Poole before so wouldn't rule out a point there.

Sadly to me King's Lynn look most at risk of missing out. Even if they win their remaining 3 home fixtures (I can see Poole stopping that from happening) I think they could struggle to pick up wins away

Having only scored 9 all season away from home, I think that is where they will falter.

Predict play offs to be:

Coventry, Poole, Swindon and Belle Vue

Edited by mdmc82

Looking at the remaining fixtures I think Swindon could finish 3rd. They should be able to win their three remaining home fixtures. I can see them picking up a win at Wolves, possibly points at Belle Vue and Coventry as riders good on those tracks.

For Belle Vue I think the only team that might challenge them at home is Swindon (why is this not on TV that week instead of Poole & Swindon which looks likely to be more one sided again?)

An away win is also possible at Wolves. Belle Vue have drawn at Poole before so wouldn't rule out a point there.

Sadly to me King's Lynn look most at risk of missing out. Even if they win their remaining 3 home fixtures (I can see Poole stopping that from happening) I think they could struggle to pick up wins away

Having only scored 9 all season away from home, I think that is where they will falter.

Predict play offs to be:

Coventry, Poole, Swindon and Belle Vue

I couldn't agree more about Poole Swindon being on the box and BV Swindon not being on. BV Swi is a much bigger meeting this season.

One thing is for certain though. We won't get a point at Poole!

• Like 1

I think all sides will win their home matches. If kl can win at Leicester that should be enough for them, ditto aces at wolves. but definitely concerned that Swindon could squeeze Past the aces if we fail to pick up points at wolves and that is far from a certainty

I couldn't agree more about Poole Swindon being on the box and BV Swindon not being on. BV Swi is a much bigger meeting this season.

One thing is for certain though. We won't get a point at Poole!

Agree about showing the wrong meeting coomdog, but am hoping we may get a point at Poole though.

I presume those folks must have stopped going in 83 after the aces won the premiership by using a TAC sub in the final heat of the 2nd leg to get the required 5-1 which gave them a 2 pt win on aggregate?

I don't think so - my friends to whom I refer weren't even born then.

I for one would take the old tac sub rule over the double points tac ride rule 1,000 times out of 1,000 - no matter for or against my team.

I didn't realise the Robins made the rules too...

Would that be the same Robins that were literally yards from taking all 3 points early on in the season @ Kirky Lane?

Finally, the TR rule works both ways and The Robins lost the 2007 KOC after destroying Coventry early on.

A tad sensitive there aren’t you ‘theblueboy’? Who said anything about the Robins making up the rules? You could substitute any team name for Swindon, King’s Lynn and Belle Vue – and the point I was making would be exactly the same. The double points rule is an utter joke and complete farce. It is an absolute travesty that the Robins lost the KO Cup to Coventry and an even bigger one that Reading were robbed of the League Championship because of it. As I said, I know of a number of people to whom it was the last straw when it was introduced and haven’t attended since.

Yes, the Robins were on the brink of getting three points on their last visit from Kirky Lane – but it was Batch & Kildemand getting in a mess and Zagar passing them both that lost the Robins the match that night. It might have been unlucky, but it was part and parcel of speedway racing – and nowt at all to do with some mickey mouse rule manufacturing points.

I’m looking forward to seeing Darcy Ward in action when the Robins visit Kirky Lane again later in August - and if Swindon win that night ‘fair and square’ without having to use the tactical ride then no complaints and fair play to them. I’ll take no delight if either team teams by virtue of using it though.

Agree about showing the wrong meeting coomdog, but am hoping we may get a point at Poole though.

Ever the optimist ORLOV!

• Like 1

I think all sides will win their home matches. If kl can win at Leicester that should be enough for them, ditto aces at wolves. but definitely concerned that Swindon could squeeze Past the aces if we fail to pick up points at wolves and that is far from a certainty

Hopefully the Aces can pick up 4 points at Wolves, it will be the one match id be happy for the boys to perform as pathetically as they have in recent months. :t:

• Like 2