British Speedway Forum
Trevor

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

I still think Lynn will pip Belle Vue. I see us getting no points at Wolves and Lynn getting o points at Poole but 2 points against Swindon. As for the P/Off's C Holder is badly affected to the terrible injuries sustained to his best friend D Ward, I doubt he has the motivation to ride as Holder can, this can also be said about the Swindon team as Darcy certainly gelled them whilst riding for them.

For Darcy's sake I hope I am totally wrong and we see a P/Off and final fit for the rider Darcy was.

To be honest I think the Aces will make the play offs now.

Certainly dont see Kings Lynn winning at Poole. Even if the beat Swindon at home it only gives them 51 so a draw for the Aces at Wolves would see them through on race points and they should win there anyway.

How will we achieve 2 points at home? 1 for a draw and 3 for a win is all that's on offer.

I thought you got 2 points if you don't win your home matches by more than 6 points.???

If Belle Vue dont get 4th now id be astonished.

I thought you got 2 points if you don't win your home matches by more than 6 points.???

That changed at the start of the season. Its now just 3 points for a home win but an away side can still claim a point if defeated by less than 6

Edited by woz01

The problem Kings Lynn have tonight and last night is guests, i can still see them beating Swindon because Swindon's reserves are not too strong but they need a good guest for Kerr and get Morris riding better.

• Like 1

Home loss by any amount of points = 0

Home draw = 1

Home win by any amount of points = 3

Away loss by 7 points or more = 0

Away loss by 6 points or less = 1

Away draw = 2

Away win by between 1 and 6 points = 3

Away win by 7 points or more = 4

Edited by Oldace

Thanks guys, it seems I need to keep up with the rule changes.

Thanks guys, it seems I need to keep up with the rule changes.

Good luck with that! I think most managers and promoters struggle to do just that! ;)

Just for my cynical little brain :wink: could someone tell me the scenarios if Lynn get

a) 3 points at Poole tonight

B) 4 points at Poole tonight

What needs to happen for Belle Vue to make the play offs and/or Swindon to finish 2nd?

Just for my cynical little brain :wink: could someone tell me the scenarios if Lynn get

a) 3 points at Poole tonight

B) 4 points at Poole tonight

What needs to happen for Belle Vue to make the play offs and/or Swindon to finish 2nd?

Lots of permutations yet

1 Poole 25 10 1 1 4 2 0 4 3 1224 1018 57

2 Coventry 24 8 0 3 4 2 2 2 3 1084 1023 52

3 Swindon 24 11 0 2 4 0 0 2 5 1114 1056 51

4 Belle Vue 27 12 1 1 1 1 1 3 7 1268 1187 49

5 King's Lynn 26 12 0 1 2 1 0 1 9 1195 1162 48

6 Wolverhampton 26 8 0 4 0 1 0 1 12 1088 1282 28

7 Lakeside 27 7 1 6 1 0 0 1 11 1169 1256 27

8 Leicester 25 7 0 6 0 1 0 1 10 1052 1210 25

But if you win your last 2 matches you are in regardless what the Aces do at Wolves, but if you lose tonight yo need to make sure you get the Swindon home match in and even then if the Aces draw at Wolves you would lose on race points anyway

Before the cut off Swindon have Cov home and away and an away trip to poole, they need 3 points from those to be certain

Edited by Oldace

So which of King Lynn or Belle Vue will be the whipping boys for Poole in the Play Offs... :t:

Its all so exciting - that why we all love the Elite League... :D

So which of King Lynn or Belle Vue will be the whipping boys for Poole in the Play Offs... :t:

And how many of the 4 will challenge the top 2 in the PL? :D:

It may be Coventry, will know after tomorrow night

It may be Coventry, will know after tomorrow night

no way Poole will pick Coventry in the Semi Finals.....

Not with bounce back Mr Indestructible Harris in the team!

• Like 1

I don't think Belle Vue will win at Wolves, so that would mean Swindon are already safe and King's Lynn just need the home win over Swindon.

I don't think Belle Vue will win at Wolves, so that would mean Swindon are already safe and King's Lynn just need the home win over Swindon.

It depends who Wolves have in reserve. They were going to use James Wright on Monday, thats was going to lead to a 10 point head start to BV straight away. BVs top 4 is slid enough, as it has shown in pretty much every away meeting to prevent anything worse that a 40 point over all score, so with the bigger advantage in reserve it looks good for BV.