British Speedway Forum
coventry1963

Isle Of Wight - Latest News?

Heading off to the Island for holiday soon. Some time ago it was suggested that there was an outside possibility of a couple of open meetings this year in preparation for 2016. I have kept an eye on the progress re sponsors and track work but not seen any suggestion of a meeting. Obviously, they would aim for peak holiday season if they could get it ready in time but am hoping Bryn can give us the latest.

There alot going on from what i have seen track getting sorted here some pics 11825555_10205930799740495_3636771888172

• Like 2

Can't wait to visit again, probably do more then just the Kent fixtures there. Hopefully they do something similar to before with the boat crossings taxis and entrance fee for something like 22 quid which represented great value.

• Like 1

Just returned from IOW where I took a walk around Smallbrook. Clearly, a lot of work has been done but still a way to go so I would have thought very unlikely to get anything on as a trial meeting this year. Really interesting to walk the track and see the various elements of banking. I have attended whilst on holiday for many years and seen the various lines riders take on bends 2 and 4 but seeing the banking close to, they make much more sense now. Can't wait to visit and hear the bikes again.

Are things still on track for an Isle of Wight return to the NL?

I see their shockingly bad website says that "Martin Widman and BArru Bishop" (sic) recently met with the BSPA to give notice of their intent to join the 2016 NL.

So is everything in order? (apart from the website obviously)

They officially applied to the BSPA last week and will get the verdict at the AGM. Hopefully that's just a formality and everything else seems in order.

To add to the above and in case anybody is unaware, the NDL's AGM is scheduled to take place on December 2nd.

To add to the above and in case anybody is unaware, the NDL's AGM is scheduled to take place on December 2nd.

bore da bryn. do you know if nick simmons is in the reckoning for a team place on the island and will they be blowing the cobwebs off 5-laps les ?

Edited by gee jay

Is it just me that thinks the Wight Warriors sounds like an offshoot of the KKK?

• Like 1

Why have they had a name change? The Islanders was much preferred by myself!

• Like 1

Just you Ben ;)

Don't say I didn't warn you when Tommy Robinson sponsors heat 15!

Edited by Ben91

Is it just me that thinks the Wight Warriors sounds like an offshoot of the KKK?

it was just you, but there's two of us now thanks :rolleyes:

Why have they had a name change? The Islanders was much preferred by myself!

i like the new name but i don't like the new logo.