British Speedway Forum
coventry1963

Isle Of Wight - Latest News?

Fantastic news for the Warriors and the Island as a whole. Thank you for your comments, and when you are on the Island do come and say Hi. I'll be there.

Andy

Please tell me they're not seriously going with the logo they've got on their website as part of their rebranding? :neutral:

It certainly stands out!

Great news that IOW are back, it is one of the fastest and largest tracks in the UK. If you are on the island, it is very easy to get to and well worth the effort. Don't know if they will do same this year but in previous years the "Wight Flyer" allowed a trip on the SeaCat and a bus link to and from the stadium, leaving just after last race to link with the return SeaCat journey to Portsmouth which allowed mainland supporters to attend at very reasonable cost. Doesn't affect me now but I do hope they re-introduce the family ticket which really encouraged parents to bring youngsters to see speedway (let's face it -they are the future for the sport) as the kids were charged at only a pound.

• Like 1

Please tell me they're not seriously going with the logo they've got on their website as part of their rebranding? :neutral:

Someone really needs to sort out IOWs branding and marketing. They have a terrible website and an even worse logo.

Brendan Johnson joins Warriors.

Edited by AJ is King

Brendan Johnson joins Warriors.

I will watch with sympathetic interest the return of Brendan Johnson and wish him all success in 2016.

Matt Saul? Really? I would probably put this down as the worst NL signing for some while. Saul was half a lap behind Sheppard mid season at Central Park and Sheppard wasn't exactly setting things alight last year.

Whoever made the recommendation to IOW clearly doesn't like them very much.

I can't comment specifically about him but it's worth noting that riders at this level can make very sudden significant improvement so it's worth seeing the lad in action for a couple of months before being too harsh on him.

• Like 1

Tbf he beat both Adam sheppard and Jamie Couzins quite comfortably from gate 1 at our press and practice day. Then in the second ride he tried clamping over Jamie Couzins into turn 1 leading to a nasty spill and various broken bones. His mid season race with Sheppard would of been one of his first times back on a bike.

• Like 2

Matt Saul? Really? I would probably put this down as the worst NL signing for some while. Saul was half a lap behind Sheppard mid season at Central Park and Sheppard wasn't exactly setting things alight last year.

Whoever made the recommendation to IOW clearly doesn't like them very much.

It is the Job of the club to help bring on talent and riders need to race to gain valuable experience. Is that not what the NL is for?? ;)

• Like 3