British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitar_art

Birmingham V Cradley Aug 5th

Cant believe no-one has started a thread on this one yet. Probably the most important match, in terms of the destination of the league, so far this season.

So come on peeps your predictions please. Will it be the Brummies or their rent boys?

• Like 1

Have to go with a Brummies win so that Cradley get no more points so Eastbourne catch them to get 2nd! They are unbeaten at home and mostly away so would be suprised if they lost...

I honestly think cradley could nick this even if Ellis has s 5 ride max if the kirby that is destructive turns up then the better reserves in cradley a team will nick it I reckon

I honestly think cradley could nick this even if Ellis has s 5 ride max if the kirby that is destructive turns up then the better reserves in cradley a team will nick it I reckon

New averages come into effect. this means Kirby is now in the main body as is Ellis Perks for Cradley. I think this weakens Cradley more than it does Birmingham allthough Mogridge at reserve maybe good news.

Nothing new here then--you predicted KL to nick it last week :icon_smile_clown:

Actually think you might be right this week---well if you keep saying it enough you will eventually be right sometime lol

We got all four points in the away match against Cradley last time.

So as long as Cradley don't get four points off us we are still ahead.

But even if they did it would only be honours even in the end.

Looking at the fixtures that are left and what the likely league points tally of Cradley and Eastbourne will be, my prediction is that a win for the Brummies will pretty much seal the league title for them.

A win for Cradley won't be too disastrous for the Brummies though. It may just mean the difference between winning the league in the end by a Cul-de-sac rather than by a street. It will aid the cause of keeping the Sparrows consigned to 3rd place though with the league's top two both being Perry Barr based.

Now that will be a novelty won't it? The top two teams from a fair track not a trick track?

Cant believe no-one has started a thread on this one yet.

What can't you believe? Look around, How many Brummies fans are there left that post on Forums? Half a dozen? A dozen? There aren't as many Cradley fans taking to the forums these days either. Times have changed,

Will it be the Brummies or their rent boys?

Do you want to think again about the appropriateness of that statement? I think it may be your turn to make an apology.

Cant call this one. Providing all teams are at full strength I think Brum could pinch it with their ht 13 / 15 power. A lot depends on who they get in at reserve? One off / bad night for a big hitter on either side though will swing it.

I think the Brummies should be given the title now :).Think they'll win this one as well which is why I'm glad I can't go.

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Adam Kirby, Sam Chapman, Zach Wajtknecht, Tom Perry, Alex Wilson, George Hunter.

CRADLEY: Max Clegg, Michael Neale, Ellis Perks, Nathan Greaves R/R, Matt Williamson (if fit), Tyler Govier, Arron Mogridge.

From Cradleys site

In-form heat-leader Matt Williamson remains a serious doubt for the clash, with Coventry star Darryl Ritchings on standby to guest.

A late call will be made on Williamson’s fitness, with rider replacement set to operate in his place if he is deemed unfit with Ritchings stepping in for Nathan Greaves.

Not being funny but if ritchings rides then we aint a chance in hell of Cradley winning, perks had no engine as of yesterday, only a big win for brum here

This meeting will be won or lost by the walking wounded, i would like to see a Heathens win without any more injury's !!

I think we have to acknowledge that if (and its still an if in my mind.) we go on to win the league then we have had a certain amount of good luck along the way. We seem to meet teams at exactly the right time. Tonights match maybe another example of that. Although i am NOT saying we will go on to win tonight. I think their is a lot of racing yet and things could be decided by other factors, I guess our luck has to run out sometime.

I am also not an apologist for the luck we have had this year. To be honest I think its about time we had some of the 'good' variety and we have to a certain extant made our own luck this year. I guess its true that to win something major you do need a little luck along the way.

This will still be tight though, mark my words. We never do anything easy!