British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Premier League Riders Championship - Sheffield 6th Sep

Completely agree. This used to be the PL prestige event of the season, a must see. Top riders from each team challenging to be The PLRC. Now it appears the odd meeting elsewhere is more important than appearing for the team / supporters that follow week in week out.

We have all read so many opinions regarding the problems with British Speedway recently, yet they can't sort this simple situation to satisfy all. Then laughingly continue to analyse why people lose interest.

If they can't give it priority then why should I....

I have only ever been to one of these meetings before, many years at Coventry Speedway when Mark Courtney was representing Berwick. Just now I am on holiday and was half tempted to go to this meeting but as you say if one or two riders cant be bothered then why should I.

its not about not being bothered, if danny king has been told he has to be in poland then he has to be in poland, last year in the fours scunny had nicolai klindt out because his polish club would have fined him £6000 if he stayed away. and why moan at riders not being there when they werent even meant to be there in the first place?

its not about not being bothered, if danny king has been told he has to be in poland then he has to be in poland, last year in the fours scunny had nicolai klindt out because his polish club would have fined him £6000 if he stayed away. and why moan at riders not being there when they werent even meant to be there in the first place?

This is where the BSPA have to get their house in order regarding speedway in UK ,introduce rules regarding riders wanting to ride in UK and where their priorities lie.Let riders who want to earn their money abroad go ahead but not at the expense of making UK speedway a joke, plenty young riders would take the opportunity to step up .We have to step back to move forward again IMO.
  • Like 1

As a BSPA event you would think that they would insist that this meeting would be written each riders contract at the start of the season so we don't have this situation which seems to be a yearly thing, especially for the likes of Danny King as one of the top riders in the PL he was always likely to feature in this meeting.

Well why should fans bother to travel to Sheffield on Sunday when riders can't, we want to see the 16 best riders in the league compete, not a reserve and some second strings along woth a few number 1's, fair enought if you cannot attend through injury but, some riders are just taking the pi** with these meetings nowadays, Danny King is a British rider who should be riding in a prestegious meeting in his home country representing his club, not riding in the 3rd tier of Polish Speedway imstead, Pijper should be riding in this instead of riding in a grasstrack meeting and Wilikinson instead of having the day off probably

Oh for the good old days of Saturday nights at Wimbledon and later Coventry when the meeting was a meeting.Miss NL Speedway, Best dressed bus, followed by a proper format where the rider with most points after programmed rides was the winner.

and u get pissed lol lol mmmm

Cook pulled out of tonight's meeting at Ipswich , been laid up in bed for past 48 hours according to Edinburgh website. Could another of the favorites for the title be missing ?

Edited by Pob

I'm sure he'll crawl off his sick bed for this one!!

So beware the wounded/sick animal!!

Gosh if cook ain't riding then this has taken a tumble from prestige to secondhand meeting. I used to look forward to this each year , its the highlight of the season and each fans chance to see how good their number 1 actually is. If richard lawson can't do it then I'd like Cookie or Masters. Im being realistic about nick chances and going to say no chance Aarron would have a better meeting he's on form right now.

• Like 1

The way it's going... TJ with his half crocked shoulder may stand a chance :wink:

• Like 3

The solution is not to have it on a Sunday. Monday past was a bank holiday in England, why not have it then and not schedule any EL matches to run against it. These events have had their day, id imagine they rely on the fans of the staging club to make the numbers. Perhaps it will have a relaunch next year if it is staged at the new National Speedway Stadium in Manchester but i cant see it.