British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Premier League Riders Championship - Sheffield 6th Sep

well well well whos in the wide awakeclub 2nite

Nobody. The show was cancelled in 1989

Olly Allen

Shame Danny King isn't riding, would have been one of the favourites for sure.

Did Allen get banned?

Shame on you Baldy.........just when I thought you were turning into a Tungate fan?[/quote

Do you seriously think he could win? Not his type of track at all. I can only see him scoring 4 or 5.

Could be 4 or 14................depends which one turns up!

if its the one that turned up at workington guesting for berwick, better off saving your money and having a take away. very poor for a man of his experience. we were all waiting for the after race aftermath. the other guys were in the pits and rho was still on his warm down lap. L.O.L.

Did Allen get banned?

I don't believe so and neither did Rohan Tungate who also pulled out of last years PLRC to ride in Poland.

Alex Davies is representing Scunthorpe

Where Pijper and Wilkinson?!

Did Allen get banned?

I don't think he did, but ironically, isn't that when his season ended when he crashed in Poland and ended up missing the play offs?

both unavailable, dont now why carl is but i quess theo will be long or grasstracking?

I assume both will be banned then. It makes a mockery of what is meant to be one of the PLs biggest meetings if teams can send their reserve!

Unless riders produce a certificate for injury or illness any rider that is eligible should be banned IMO .the sport is just a joke now,as people are saying 4blokes 4 laps unfortunately a lot of people have had enough of that.

• Like 1

Giving it a miss this year. Not a great fan of individual meetings and certainly not worth the 320 mile round trip on my own. Add to that I'm not prepared to have my bag searched again just in case I want to bring my own food and drink in.

I'll be supporting the Rye House Raiders in their match with Stoke instead

Edited by Shads

Unless riders produce a certificate for injury or illness any rider that is eligible should be banned IMO .the sport is just a joke now,as people are saying 4blokes 4 laps unfortunately a lot of people have had enough of that.

Especially those who`d rather chase a pay day in the play offs in Poland, I would understand if they were Polish themselves.

I assume both will be banned then. It makes a mockery of what is meant to be one of the PLs biggest meetings if teams can send their reserve!

They wont be banned as the contracts for the Polish League include commitments to the play offs should any team get there.

What people need to realise is that its no different to say a Chris Harris or Chris Holder missing the play offs in the UK to ride in an individual meeting abroad that isnt an FIM recognised event, the supporters of Coventry and Poole would be up in arms moaning. Its no different as the Polish fans would not be impressed if one of their riders (i.e King) mised the play offs just to compete in an individual meeting in the UK.

Of course as an Ipswich supporter i want Danny to ride but can totally understand the reasons he isnt riding and those asking for a ban sem to think that somehow British Speedway is more superior to the Polish League. As i say how annoyed would you be if your rider didnt ride in the play offs over here because the Polish league had an individual meeting on???

Especially those who`d rather chase a pay day in the play offs in Poland, I would understand if they were Polish themselves.

Read my above post its nothing to do with a payday! Its about a contract. As i have stated how would you feel if a rider in your team missd the UK play offs just to ride in a Polish individual meeting? Its exactly the same!

If Danny King missed the play offs in the UK to ride in a Polish individual meeting then us Ipswich fans and Coventry fans would quite rightly be annoyed. All he is doing is honouring his contract to his club and missing an individual that isnt a recoginised FIM event at the end of the day.

Try to get your head around the reason he isnt riding instead of people assuming its about pay days when its quite simply nothing from the truth.

They wont be banned as the contracts for the Polish League include commitments to the play offs should any team get there.

What people need to realise is that its no different to say a Chris Harris or Chris Holder missing the play offs in the UK to ride in an individual meeting abroad that isnt an FIM recognised event, the supporters of Coventry and Poole would be up in arms moaning. Its no different as the Polish fans would not be impressed if one of their riders (i.e King) mised the play offs just to compete in an individual meeting in the UK.

Of course as an Ipswich supporter i want Danny to ride but can totally understand the reasons he isnt riding and those asking for a ban sem to think that somehow British Speedway is more superior to the Polish League. As i say how annoyed would you be if your rider didnt ride in the play offs over here because the Polish league had an individual meeting on???

We have no agreement with Poland. In fact we have the complete opposite to the point that PZM permit holders are banned from the PL. Yet we're not letting riders go off and ride in Poland. I'll guarantee that Carl Wilkinson is not riding in Poland too!

If Theo is long track racing in an FIM event that will take priority anyway so they cannot ban him..............

RP