British Speedway Forum

Through thick and thin I’ve been travelling to Rye House since the late 60’s. I find the current dim wits who claim to be and I use the word very loosely ‘promoters’ total pants!

As much I agreed it was time for Len to move over and let someone else take the helm, what on earth made him sell to the BMR bloke who quite honestly knows as much about speedway as I know about the dark side of the moon.

Len new at the end of last season he wouldn’t be promoting at Rye this coming season as did the so called new owners.

How discourteous to run the flopping Ace of Pairs and not to even acknowledges Len achievements at Rye allowing him to say his farewells.

Now when the season starts I will all being well still be making my Saturday night trips to Hoddesdon and probably a Sunday to when the Raiders ride, but what a so stupid time to start at 6pm. Are these clowns totally mad! Do they not understand kids and adults have school and work on a Monday? Do they honestly think people have the money to possibly watch two meetings in successive days?

I so hope I’m wrong with all this but this reminds me when Dave Pavitt sold Hackney to another clown who was clueless in Derek Howes and they closed mid-season. I so hope this don’t happen.

I should be getting excited about Rye in 2016, but am I, well I think you know the answer which is the same as many Rye fans.

The promoters have an awful lot to answer. Most of the criticism I’ve read on here are quite frankly justified. What should have happened is there should have been in depth press releases from BMR, not ‘oh by the way’ ones.

A fans forum would have gone a long way to, either attended by 20 people or 200. Explanations are required on several issues, which I guess we’ll never really find out why people seem to be booted away and hung out to dry. But this total lack of proper press releases is in my view quite baffling!

John Drake, News at Ten, Hoddesdon

Sunday night will be Raiders Night in 2016, with the bulk of the team’s home fixtures scheduled for Sunday evenings at 6pm. The Raiders are also set to feature in Bank Holiday Monday afternoon double headers alongside the Premier League Rockets. In both cases, there are no planned Saturday meetings in Hoddesdon on those weekends, which is designed to help supporters to budget accordingly.

Above is from Raiders Website press release Dec 9th, so new owners are not planning Sat and Sun on consecutive nights.

Temp stand is not the problem its the long bar or permission for it to be the honda motorcycle dealership and adjusting that next to the main stand.

Saying that the temp stand could be an easier fix, a good weekend would be enough for new roof a lick of paint.

Saying that the temp stand could be an easier fix, a good weekend would be enough for new roof a lick of paint.

The plan was to demolish the temp stand and replace it with new changing rooms with seating over the top.

Yes that was the plan and tarmac the car park, but if it was replaced with a permanent stucture it would need planning permisson.

I think thats the least of our worries the state in general of the stadium at the mo with 9 ish weeks to first meeting is though.

Yes that was the plan and tarmac the car park, but if it was replaced with a permanent stucture it would need planning permisson.

I think thats the least of our worries the state in general of the stadium at the mo with 9 ish weeks to first meeting is though.

They filled in the crater at the car park entrance today

• Like 2

Again!? Just filled, or filled and sealed?

I'm a postman, not a civil engineer, but it looks like someone's come along with a bucket of tar and a roller

• Like 4

I'm a postman, not a civil engineer, but it looks like someone's come along with a bucket of tar and a roller

TBH Shads judging by the state of the whole countries roads you're a better civil engineer than those who say they are civil engineers

TBH Shads judging by the state of the whole countries roads you're a better civil engineer than those who say they are civil engineers

Still, better being a civil engineer than an uncivil engineer. Plenty of those on the forums!

• Like 1

They filled in the crater at the car park entrance today

That crater was so deep I thought archaeologists were digging for Roman ruins.

• Like 1

or looking for the somerset wyvern !

• Like 1

Through thick and thin I’ve been travelling to Rye House since the late 60’s. I find the current dim wits who claim to be and I use the word very loosely ‘promoters’ total pants!

As much I agreed it was time for Len to move over and let someone else take the helm, what on earth made him sell to the BMR bloke who quite honestly knows as much about speedway as I know about the dark side of the moon.

Len new at the end of last season he wouldn’t be promoting at Rye this coming season as did the so called new owners.

How discourteous to run the flopping Ace of Pairs and not to even acknowledges Len achievements at Rye allowing him to say his farewells.

Now when the season starts I will all being well still be making my Saturday night trips to Hoddesdon and probably a Sunday to when the Raiders ride, but what a so stupid time to start at 6pm. Are these clowns totally mad! Do they not understand kids and adults have school and work on a Monday? Do they honestly think people have the money to possibly watch two meetings in successive days?

I so hope I’m wrong with all this but this reminds me when Dave Pavitt sold Hackney to another clown who was clueless in Derek Howes and they closed mid-season. I so hope this don’t happen.

I should be getting excited about Rye in 2016, but am I, well I think you know the answer which is the same as many Rye fans.

The promoters have an awful lot to answer. Most of the criticism I’ve read on here are quite frankly justified. What should have happened is there should have been in depth press releases from BMR, not ‘oh by the way’ ones.

A fans forum would have gone a long way to, either attended by 20 people or 200. Explanations are required on several issues, which I guess we’ll never really find out why people seem to be booted away and hung out to dry. But this total lack of proper press releases is in my view quite baffling!

John Drake, News at Ten, Hoddesdon

also the noise on a sunday evening will not go down well with the local residents and we all know it only takes one complaint to start the ball rolling even though the track was there before the flats and houses

Probably be the Subaru Rockets now BMR have changed from VW to Subaru in the BTCC.Me thinks Rye House are a long way down the list of priorities.

At least they've still got the usual shafting by the BSPA to look forward to, something that happens to all new Promoters with a few quid.

As far as I know - unless the management are keeping it very quiet - we have still only declared 6 riders for this season Jason Bunyan has just become New Zealand Champion again beating Bradley Wilson-Dean do we want him back? I dont' know !!