British Speedway Forum

I genuinely find that hard to believe. You can't watch T.V. or read newspapers in that case. You only follow speedway but I'll bet you've heard of Manchester United and The Beatles.

I haven't the faintest idea who he is. He's just a competitor in another obscure sport. But then I'd struggle to name more than half a dozen cricketers or rugby union internationals.

He does a load more than sport.

He's very into engineering.

Made a great series a few years back when he and a mate completely rebuilt a canal boat.

Made an alarm clock, shower, bed & mattress, crockery / cutlery. All that kind of stuff.

It was hilarious.

dont forget the home made bean tin . nice, not . oh and pikes peak in the u.s. of a .

All of that!

And his Vulcan bomber programme.

Total legend.

Yet he sees himself as a truck mechanic first and foremost and after that a bike racer and reluctant TV programme participant.

I haven't the faintest idea who he is. He's just a competitor in another obscure sport. But then I'd struggle to name more than half a dozen cricketers or rugby union internationals.

I couldn't even name a single player of any Hull footie or rugby teams. My only passing interest has been when both rugby teams were in the position (i.e. about to go under) of requiring the extra income speedway brought. Speedway's pretty much the only sport for me, plus some other motorsports....

He does a load more than sport.

He's very into engineering.

Made a great series a few years back when he and a mate completely rebuilt a canal boat.

Made an alarm clock, shower, bed & mattress, crockery / cutlery. All that kind of stuff.

It was hilarious.

sounds like a real hoot! :)

I know who he is but I wouldn't be surprised by people not knowing him, he's hardly an a-lister.

• Like 1

I know who he is but I wouldn't be surprised by people not knowing him, he's hardly an a-lister.

He is if you are a biker, but bikers in speedway are very much a small minority.

• Like 1

I couldnt tell you anyone that plays for man United apart from the one that looks like a potato, but I'm a biker into all forms of motorsport, speedway being my favourite, followed very closely by other bike sports. Guy martin is a total legend.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 3

If you want to know who he is, Guy Martin has a new TV series being aired on Channel Four wef. Thursday, 17th March. The first episode has him going head-to-head against Richard Coulthard:

If you want to know who he is, Guy Martin has a new TV series being aired on Channel Four wef. Thursday, 17th March. The first episode has him going head-to-head against Richard Coulthard:

Have to admit, I've never heard of Mr Coulthard, either!

• Like 1

Think you'll find that's David Coulthard.

Superbike v F1 Red Bull.

Perhaps you will get a speedway bike up against a plethora of engined racing machines with him hanging out at Rye House, we had Tai at Leicester against a top of the range range rover a couple of seasons ago......

Must be good for our sport.!!

He is if you are a biker, but bikers in speedway are very much a small minority.

I'd class an a-list celebrity as someone who everyone knows of no matter what their interests are. David Beckham for example is an a-list celebrity, Guy Martin, not so much.