British Speedway Forum

Cam has done engines in his last three meetings and is looking to sponsorship to fix his No. 1, plus buy a new / replacement motor.

His issues since the behind closed doors trial meeting at KL have all been motor and not man.

Anyone out there want to contribute £, then I am sure that the Rockets young Aussie (still only 20) would be eternally grateful. As always, machine issues do not come along singly.

And as a word for Gentleman Leigh, he lent his motor to Cam for the match at Foxhall, so well done Leigh, a brilliant team minded, selfless act.

Cam's returns in the Pairs and on the Northern tour can all be put down to engine issues. Very expensive engine issues as well.

well said it just goes to show that the fans never know the full story. I was on the tour and thoroughly enjoyed both meetings (the final score does not always tell the full story) - from a quick look at other results it seems that we did no worse than most other teams this season at these tracks.

• Like 3

So Ed--paid 13 for Lakesiede 23/7 1 from 3 for Rye House 24/7 Wha'happen bruv?

Edited by poppetman

Really disappointed with Ed yesterday, didnt look interested. Missed the gate every time and just rode round. The others all gave everything, and would have got through if Ed had given as much effort. Anyone know any reason ? Well done Robbo, brilliant riding and a fantastic heat win for Leigh. Cam never gave up either.

• Like 1

Really disappointed with Ed yesterday, didnt look interested. Missed the gate every time and just rode round. The others all gave everything, and would have got through if Ed had given as much effort. Anyone know any reason ? Well done Robbo, brilliant riding and a fantastic heat win for Leigh. Cam never gave up either.

When I heard that the riders were only on £163 flat rate for yesterday I thought we'd see some going through the motions. Thankfully most seemed to be giving it their best.

Not sure the reason for Edwards below par performance yesterday

Is that £163 plus points money or just £163? If its the latter, that seems ludicrously low.

Is that £163 plus points money or just £163? If its the latter, that seems ludicrously low.

That's the all in figure I was told they were on. They were also told they had to be at a rider briefing at 11.30am, even though some didn't take to the track until 7pm

Edited by Shads

BSPA using this as a cash cow to improve their dwindling funds maybe.

Dislike these events as seems to favour the home sides riders.

As for Ed he was busting a gut for Lakeside on Friday so if he was 'going through the motions' I would stick a big club fine on him - not impressed!

Edited by GWC

I didn't enjoy the last two day event in 1985, so I was never going to go to this. I was suprised to see dave kennett at Eastbourne last night, when eddie was riding at the showground.

• Like 1

I didn't enjoy the last two day event in 1985, so I was never going to go to this. I was suprised to see dave kennett at Eastbourne last night, when eddie was riding at the showground.

I'll be honest, I'm only here to accompany the missus and our sprog. Not really a fan of individual, pairs and 4TT meetings

• Like 2

Ed,s a great rider when he wants to be....If the money was as stated on here its understandable....All riders have off nights any way....

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

For that money, I'm surprised any Riders turned up, it cost more than that to be competitive at the Showground.

Edited by Lord Skid
  • Like 2

For that money, I'm surprised any Riders turned up, it cost more than that to be competitive at the Showground.

I'm not sure most of them knew what they were getting before they arrived, or surely they would've made some sort of protest before Saturday. If so, then I'm amazed. Would you turn up for work not knowing what pay rate you were on?

Didn't seem to affect the majority of them. Some battling performances including a bit of argy bargy on Sunday involving team mates Bjerre and Andersen

Clubs used to sort out their own deals with their Riders, one Club gave each of their Riders a Grand for winning it, you wouldn't get a grand between the whole Team now.

13 teams of 5 riders on £163 per rider = £10,595...

Only 12 teams raced on Saturday, three of them didn't have a reserve

Surely the £163 quoted was just for the semi finals. They would've been paid again for the final and individual races on Sunday

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1