British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini

Storm Matches ~ Sunday 9.8.15.

So there is a 'double header' on Sunday starting at 2pm versus Kings Lynn, followed by a match against Stoke. Now what I want to know is should I pack up some tea as well as dinner or is the referee going to keep the races going at a good pace? Where's Frank Ebdon when you need him? :lol: I haven't seen anything yet about the admission price either.

So there is a 'double header' on Sunday starting at 2pm versus Kings Lynn, followed by a match against Stoke. Now what I want to know is should I pack up some tea as well as dinner or is the referee going to keep the races going at a good pace? Where's Frank Ebdon when you need him? :lol: I haven't seen anything yet about the admission price either.

Admission is £15 for over-16s, programme £2.50

• Like 2

2meetings at Coventry on one day,I'd pack supper as well Gemini!

• Like 1

Admission is £15 for over-16s, programme £2.50

Thanks Neil. £15 for 30 heats sounds good. 👍🏻

2meetings at Coventry on one day,I'd pack supper as well Gemini!

Well, I did actually include supper as well originally but then decided I'd better not be too cheeky. :lol: I'm sure everything will run very smoothly.

COVENTRY Storm face a busy weekend of three matches in less than 24 hours - including a double header at Brandon on Sunday afternoon.

The City Gearboxes Storm travel to Stoke on Saturday (7pm) in their final scheduled away fixture of the regular National League campaign, but on completion of the match at Loomer Road they will still have eight home matches to run!

Two of those come on Sunday, starting at 2pm, when the return fixture against the Potters takes place as the second match of the day, with King’s Lynn the first opponents.

It’s a baptism of fire for new signing Mark Baseby, who slots into the Storm’s top five after agreeing to join as the replacement for former skipper Luke Crang.

Meanwhile at reserve Conor Dwyer sits out the away match on Saturday but is expected to make his return from injury in the home matches - whilst Martin Knuckey is another rider who has been in the wars of late, and has had broken fingers strapped up in order to continue after a crash at Eastbourne last weekend.

The Storm’s two talented 16-year-olds Callum Walker and Jamie Halder will both race in two of the three matches over the weekend, teaming up at reserve at Stoke and then both taking one match alongside Dwyer on Sunday.

Manager Laurence Rogers said: “It’s an important weekend for us, it’s the weekend to start the ball rolling and make sure that the Gold Cup is a realistic aim.

“We’ve already achieved 12 points away from Brandon, which is a fantastic achievement, and we aim to get more at Stoke on Saturday.

“Then we need to keep the points coming in to ensure a top four finish, and I hope everyone will get behind the lads to help them.

“It will be good to welcome Mark as our newest Storm rider. I know what he can do, and I felt it was important to have seven riders again rather than rider-replacement, especially with the double-headers coming up.”

Sunday afternoon’s action at Brandon features 30 heats of racing with adult admission just £15.

CITY GEARBOXES STORM (from): Mark Baseby, Conor Dwyer (Sunday only), Dan Greenwood, Jamie Halder, Martin Knuckey, Darryl Ritchings, Rob Shuttleworth, Callum Walker.

STOKE (from): Jon Armstrong, Paul Burnett, Lee Payne, Danny Phillips, Shaun Tedham, Ryan Terry-Daley, Chris Widman.

KING’S LYNN (from): Josh Bailey, Scott Campos, Layne Cupitt, Shane Hazelden, Ryan Kinsley, Jake Knight, Tom Stokes.

Well, I did actually include supper as well originally but then decided I'd better not be too cheeky. :lol: I'm sure everything will run very smoothly.

I love your optimism ! Looking forward to your comments after the meeting!

• Like 2

Make or break weekend for the Storm. However I feel the weaknesses at reserve due to experience & fitness will cost them dearly. I think Stoke could do the double here especially running 2nd in the double header.

I love your optimism ! Looking forward to your comments after the meeting!

As long as there isn't too much track grading and they get a move on I won't be doing too much moaning hopefully. Gawd! I'm sick to death of watching tractors go round after tonight.

• Like 1

The fours moved at a good rate. The only delay there really was due to a member of the crowd needing medical attention and that's beyond anybody's control.

Is there anyone going to these meetings who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Sorry not me, although I am going. I have explained to Sue I do have a mobile phone (somewhere) but it's a very old one and costs 12p per text. I only keep it in case of an emergency when I'm driving on my own. Hope you get someone.

Still desperately seeking a texter for this double header meeting. If anyone is able to help, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Congratulations to Coventry Storm on two wins and 6 points.

Enjoyed both meetings. Some good racing.

Brilliant meeting for Martin Knuckey, think it might be one of the best I have seen him ride.

Bailey very impressive as well.

There was grading but it was needed due to how sunny & hot it was which meant the track needed a lot of watering due to it drying out, however I thought it moved at a steady pace, esp the first meeting.

Edited by mdmc82

As long as there isn't too much track grading and they get a move on I won't be doing too much moaning hopefully. Gawd! I'm sick to death of watching tractors go round after tonight.

That wasn't too painful for you Gem I hope!

First meeting finished 3.40 after the machinery protests, second meeting 4.10 to 5.45pm. A big thank you to the riders, management and track staff for making it all run so smoothly.

• Like 3