British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Elite League 2016 - What Is Required?

The current rules prevent that anyway, with the 7 point rule.

And Poole Speedway have an untarnished history of abiding by 'current rules' to the letter, don't they.

And Poole Speedway have an untarnished history of abiding by 'current rules' to the letter, don't they.

So no point having the 1 GP rider rule either then?

Crazy Prediction. 2 leagues only next year.

PL:

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Rye House, Sheffield, Plymouth, Ipswich, Newcastle, P'Boro, Somerset, Leicester, Poole, K.Lynn, Belle Vue, Swindon, Wolves, Coventry? = 16 (15 without Cov)

NL:

Berwick, Redcar, Scunny, Workington, Lakeside, Birmingham, Cradley, Eastbourne, Rye House, Kent, Mildenhall, Stoke, Buxton, K.Lynn? , Coventry? = 15 (13 Without K.Lynn & Cov)

Not crazy at all ,quite sensible. Swindon may / may not be involved depending on their stadium situation. Coventry should be o.k for the top division next year,year after anyone's guess.

So no point having the 1 GP rider rule either then?

To be quite honest, I couldn't care less any more if the day comes when a team can have 7 G.P. riders if it wants............and Poole are the only team left in this utter circus known as Elite League Speedway.

Mr Fraud and lapdog would probably consider that a victory as well.

• Like 2

To be quite honest, I couldn't care less any more if the day comes when a team can have 7 G.P. riders if it wants............and Poole are the only team left in this utter circus known as Elite League Speedway.

Mr Fraud and lapdog would probably consider that a victory as well.

Clearly you have a real problem with Poole Speedway. This was a decent talkative thread, untill you added your ten pence worth. If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread, please don't say it. Thank you..

Edited by Starman2006

If we are going to continue with two separate leagues and up to four doubling-up/draft riders, then the Elite and Premier Leagues HAVE to run on different nights.

I'd like to see three nights per league identified (Elite Mon, Wed, Thurs and Premier Fri, Sat and Sun) and a concerted effort by all clubs to move their respective race nights to avoid clashes. It shouldn't be too hard with three nights to choose from.

• Like 1

Clearly you have a real problem with Poole Speedway. This was a decent talkative thread, untill you added your ten pence worth. If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread, please don't say it. Thank you..

I don't 'have a real problem' with Poole Speedway. They don't personally cause me any 'real problem' whatsoever.

I just dislike it's promotion, and it's lapdog whinger of a manager.

I don't think I'm alone?

And as for what happens in 2016 - well okay to keep you happy, I'll tell you what I'd like to see.

- The break up of this farce known as the 'Elite League' and two divisions as outlined above (or along those lines)

- Lakeside to secure its future

- Sky Sports to do one, and for Lord Shoutalot and "no question" Tantrum to get proper jobs commensurate with their ability - stacking shelves in Happy Shopper springs instantly to mind

- For Speedway to get national coverage on either BBC or ITV

- For the farce known as the GP series to revert to a one-off meeting World Final at Wembley

- For second halves to come back, along with Golden/Silver helmet match races, so that punters actually get value for money once again

- For tape-touching to be reintroduced to SAVE time

- For less accidents than we have seen particularly this season - maybe re-introduce 2 valve engines?

Outside of Speedway, for Jeremy Corbyn to have a 40% lead in the opinion poles over Cameron.

Oh, and finally, to allow full immigration to refugees via Dover - and for all those newcomers to be housed in Poole, and surrounding areas of Dorset.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 3

It doesn't really matter what we suggest on here. We do it every year and makes no difference.

I don't 'have a real problem' with Poole Speedway. They don't personally cause me any 'real problem' whatsoever.

I don't think I'm alone?

And as for what happens in 2016 - well okay to keep you happy, I'll tell you what I'd like to see.

- The break up of this farce known as the 'Elite League' and two divisions as outlined above (or along those lines)

- Sky Sports to do one, and for Lord Shoutalot and "no question" Tantrum to get proper jobs commensurate with their ability - stacking shelves in Happy Shopper springs instantly to mind

- For the farce known as the GP series to revert to a one-off meeting World Final at Wembley

- For second halves to come back, along with Golden/Silver helmet match races, so that punters actually get value for money once again

- For less accidents than we have seen particularly this season - maybe re-introduce 2 valve engines?

Outside of Speedway, for Jeremy Corbyn to have a 40% lead in the opinion poles over Cameron.

Oh, and finally, to allow full immigration to refugees via Dover - and for all those newcomers to be housed in Poole, and surrounding areas of Dorset.

zzzz...speedway fan in go back to the old days shocker ...you forgot about black leathers and monkey masks by the way .

• Like 5

And if we cannot come to a conclusion and we have no cup comps because the fans clearly don't want them and neither do the promotions then the only solution is to compress the season, and run it from April to September, then run the play off's backend of september before it piss's down. That way you will have a meeting every week save for rain off's.

I suppose Lakeside are squeaky clean!!

I don't think I'm alone?

May aswell go back to uprights and not have air fences, suppose that wouldn't matter the speed they travel at Lakeside!!

Surely you understand Starman that most people have a problem with Poole Speedway..your mob is a nasty lot..

Most of you Poole fans are already talking of getting rid of North and Gomolski in the hope of better replacements..

Mrocka, Madsen et al have gone down that route too..

Shame on you, just get behind your team.. :t:

• Like 1