British Speedway Forum

Got to say I'm happy with that team. Couldn't really ask for a much more solid side. Looking forward to 2016! Not bad considering the future looked a little ropey to begin with

• Like 3

Looks pretty solid to me, decent top two, middle order will do well and one of the stronger reserve pairings in the league.

The side does look bang average, but so did the team that finished 4th as did the one that was second a few seasons back.

Remind me where your team who were supped to be one of the favourites finished in the league

Its a bang average team, but the usual zanusi merchants will tell you otherwise... :)

Agree with this. It's solid enough it should avoid any heavy away defeats but it's not good a league winning look to it. It just seems to be a collection of journeyman foreigners.

I think most Berwick fans are just happy to still have a team to support. The bonus of it being completed by mid November instead of a week before the season starts adds to the feel good factor which was lacking at times last season.

• Like 2

Agree with this. It's solid enough it should avoid any heavy away defeats but it's not good a league winning look to it. It just seems to be a collection of journeyman foreigners.

Newcastle fans getting a little hot under the collar ok you have signed Robert Lambert who without a doubt is and has talent however Newcastle's talent will be ensuring he's still around in August otherwise you might be looking for a journeyman yourselves

Newcastle fans getting a little hot under the collar ok you have signed Robert Lambert who without a doubt is and has talent however Newcastle's talent will be ensuring he's still around in August otherwise you might be looking for a journeyman yourselves

SCB is NOT a Newcastle fan.

A very solid team, in my opinion, similar to ours in 2014. Keeping free of injuries is key. We kept meetings tight but always got punished in hts 13 & 15 to lose meetings so you just need 2 riders to be on top of their game & you could surprise a few people. Don't expect big jumps in averages 'cos riders take points off each other, even on a 5-1 so need consistency, but good luck & i hope to visit in 2016 after meeting some cracking guys at the PL Championship in sheffield.

• Like 1

What do you think everyone's averages will be come the end of the season? my predictions are:

Jorgensen 7.80-7.60

Alden 7.37-7.50

Doolan 6.95-6.90

Pijper 6.53-6.40

Mellgren 5.57-6.50

Wethers 4.95-5.30

Carr 3.00-4.00

The Berwick team may not leap off the page, most fans wanted to go strength in depth, and they have. Wethers should be a potent reserve, much like Jensen and then Kus was a couple of seasons ago, he should be putting pressure on someone in the top five. I also think Liam Carr will benefit from the new ruling regarding No7`s and at the minute I dont see a better No7 out there. The only rider I have my doubts about is Alden, he has the capabilities to be brilliant one week and anonymous the next, and not racing on a regular bases could also be a problem, but he is an asset, and knows the club and promotion well, I hope he comes good.

• Like 1

The Berwick team may not leap off the page, most fans wanted to go strength in depth, and they have. Wethers should be a potent reserve, much like Jensen and then Kus was a couple of seasons ago, he should be putting pressure on someone in the top five. I also think Liam Carr will benefit from the new ruling regarding No7`s and at the minute I dont see a better No7 out there. The only rider I have my doubts about is Alden, he has the capabilities to be brilliant one week and anonymous the next, and not racing on a regular bases could also be a problem, but he is an asset, and knows the club and promotion well, I hope he comes good.

Seriously,Your not trying to say that Seb will have forgotten how to ride a speedway bike,if he is focussed on a comeback he will probably end the season as our no1 IMO ,that's the chance the Promotion are taking and you can't blame them as he is an asset.
  • Like 3

We may agree to disagree, but I don't see how people are tipping Liam Carr to be the best Number 7 in the PL. He may well be in the top 5, but Matt Williamson had time to settle in at Workington last year and he's back again, averages a point more than Carr in the NL, and already has a double figure score in the PL. Can only see him really improve next year, just like the other ex-motocross riders that have transferred to speedway in the past.

But hey... i'm sure both sets of fans will be biased ;)

• Like 1

We may agree to disagree, but I don't see how people are tipping Liam Carr to be the best Number 7 in the PL. He may well be in the top 5, but Matt Williamson had time to settle in at Workington last year and he's back again, averages a point more than Carr in the NL, and already has a double figure score in the PL. Can only see him really improve next year, just like the other ex-motocross riders that have transferred to speedway in the past.

But hey... i'm sure both sets of fans will be biased ;)

Liam has a it to prove IMO ,he had a serious injury which held him back but he will find in tough going in PL.

Seriously,Your not trying to say that Seb will have forgotten how to ride a speedway bike,if he is focussed on a comeback he will probably end the season as our no1 IMO ,that's the chance the Promotion are taking and you can't blame them as he is an asset.

I think you are spot on. He rode end of last year and scored well.

Looking forward to a tussle between TJ and Seb for the No1 jacket.

My feeling is that Seb will come back as hungry as hell.

• Like 1

I think you are spot on. He rode end of last year and scored well.

Looking forward to a tussle between TJ and Seb for the No1 jacket.

My feeling is that Seb will come back as hungry as hell.

i m o he,s just like the rest of us hungry for 2016 season , and get my lips round a anderson home made hamburger

• Like 1