British Speedway Forum

And we will still be on sky 2017

And we will still be on sky 2017

Hope it's not another embarrassment then.

• Like 1

True m8 was not the best advert for Premier League

Anywhere facing away from the track

It's not that dusty

You can mention it. It's Rye House, going through a major renovation after years of neglect. It's no big secret. Thankfully the new promotion took the immediate step of improving the track, employing a very good track man and filling in that awful adverse camber. Meanwhile Berwick is still a one line gaters paradise. Great pies, crap track

And the famous dry house dustbowl is to shout about

And the famous dry house dustbowl is to shout about

Yes, much improved.

When were you last there?

Edited by Shads

Yes, much improved.

When were you last there?

Ninenteen Canteen

Pepe franc

Surely, if Josef Franc had been able to fit all Berwick meetings into his calendar at this stage of the season, he'd have been in the team as soon as Sebastian Alden dropped from the No 1 slot?

Surely, if Josef Franc had been able to fit all Berwick meetings into his calendar at this stage of the season, he'd have been in the team as soon as Sebastian Alden dropped from the No 1 slot?

I'd more rather have him for most of the meetings than run with stupid R/R at 2 all year again.

I'd more rather have him for most of the meetings than run with stupid R/R at 2 all year again.

Even with no replacement (other than an NL guest) for some of the meetings he'd miss?

Even with no replacement (other than an NL guest) for some of the meetings he'd miss?

which meetings would that be, although of course we all know that thankfully we are close to signing someone now

which meetings would that be, although of course we all know that thankfully we are close to signing someone now

How close?

How close?

Scott Courtney posted this on Facebook 2 hours ago

Rider Replacement:

Ok, so we've gotten to the point where going to the shops is impossible without the question being asked, people coming from all angles to ask why are we using rider replacement?!?....😂

Here's your answer, we've used it since Kev Doolan's average has taken him to number 1 in the averages this taking away our facility to use a guest.

We have located the rider we want and pending paper work all should be good to go very soon.

RR has bought us time, as simple as that, I'm not a fan of it but the other option of taking the plunge on an unattached NL rider to fill a position in the team is unrealistic.

Couple that together with the fact that we don't have a work permit facility and this will give you an indication of how difficult it can be to locate riders who are able to commit to a club at this stage of the season.

Despite speculation the reason for running rr is not financial and as stated earlier has bought us time to find the rider we want.

We have a team of battlers through out that give 110% as I do as a manager, we're doing ourselves proud thus far and will continue to take the battle to everyone we visit 👍

Your support is always much appreciated, your criticism is water off a ducks back 😜

Alongside many others I give between 30 to 50 hours per week of my own time to the speedway club I feel most passionately about so rest assured no stone is left unturned!

RR has scored us 19+1 over 3 matches, it's done the job I hoped it would in our damage limitation situation.

#enjoyyourspeedway

#banditsheadshigh

• Like 2

Scott Courtney posted this on Facebook 2 hours ago

Rider Replacement:

Ok, so we've gotten to the point where going to the shops is impossible without the question being asked, people coming from all angles to ask why are we using rider replacement?!?....

Here's your answer, we've used it since Kev Doolan's average has taken him to number 1 in the averages this taking away our facility to use a guest.

We have located the rider we want and pending paper work all should be good to go very soon.

RR has bought us time, as simple as that, I'm not a fan of it but the other option of taking the plunge on an unattached NL rider to fill a position in the team is unrealistic.

Couple that together with the fact that we don't have a work permit facility and this will give you an indication of how difficult it can be to locate riders who are able to commit to a club at this stage of the season.

Despite speculation the reason for running rr is not financial and as stated earlier has bought us time to find the rider we want.

We have a team of battlers through out that give 110% as I do as a manager, we're doing ourselves proud thus far and will continue to take the battle to everyone we visit

Your support is always much appreciated, your criticism is water off a ducks back

Alongside many others I give between 30 to 50 hours per week of my own time to the speedway club I feel most passionately about so rest assured no stone is left unturned!

RR has scored us 19+1 over 3 matches, it's done the job I hoped it would in our damage limitation situation.

#enjoyyourspeedway

#banditsheadshigh

As i have said before, the sport needs a real shake up, for example if Chris Harris wants to ride premier league to give him extra meetings then let him, the issues with polish riders riding over here needs looke at, the doubling up rule is a farce, when you look at the likes of Nick Morris who cannot ride premier league and this rule if a rider in the elite league average was over six at the start of the season he cannot ride in the premier league, davy watt being an example.