British Speedway Forum

Berwick newsletter this morning reports that one early meeting is already sold out for hospitality, others filling up.

Got a nice feeling about the coming season already -- it could be a good 'un!

• Like 1

Berwick newsletter this morning reports that one early meeting is already sold out for hospitality, others filling up.

Got a nice feeling about the coming season already -- it could be a good 'un!

This is an area which could be very lucrative to the club, bringing in a lot of revenue. Couldn't help but notice the number of times last year the "box" was empty. Hopefully the club will make a big effort in this regard this year and certainly offering the different levels of hospitality is a good start. I've been there a few times and it's a good night out, especially going on to the centre green, seeing and hearing the action much closer than usual.

• Like 2

This is an area which could be very lucrative to the club, bringing in a lot of revenue. Couldn't help but notice the number of times last year the "box" was empty. Hopefully the club will make a big effort in this regard this year and certainly offering the different levels of hospitality is a good start. I've been there a few times and it's a good night out, especially going on to the centre green, seeing and hearing the action much closer than usual.

On top of that.

Just had a visit from a couple selling advertising for the club, I have long bandied on that a corporate team should be out there looking for advertising. It's taken 7 years, but better late than never. Well done, at last.

I have not taken up their offer, as this form of advertising gives no benefit to my business. From the beginning my way of supporting the club is to sponsor riders, which to me is better use of any spare cash i may have.

• Like 2

On top of that.

Just had a visit from a couple selling advertising for the club, I have long bandied on that a corporate team should be out there looking for advertising. It's taken 7 years, but better late than never. Well done, at last.

I have not taken up their offer, as this form of advertising gives no benefit to my business. From the beginning my way of supporting the club is to sponsor riders, which to me is better use of any spare cash i may have.

Like you say it is encouraging. I would imagine they will get a lot of knock backs, it's just the nature of the business, not everybody will see the advantage of advertising, but full marks to the club for being pro-active and seeking sponsorship and advertising. Hopefully it will bring benefits.

Like you say it is encouraging. I would imagine they will get a lot of knock backs, it's just the nature of the business, not everybody will see the advantage of advertising, but full marks to the club for being pro-active and seeking sponsorship and advertising. Hopefully it will bring benefits.

They intimated that while in, it will be very difficult in this financial climate. Everyone including myself will tighten their belts over the next 4 years, trying to survive the Osbourne onslaught.

While your probably right, there will be knock backs, but its good to see the club going out to the local businesses looking for sponsorship, if you don't ask you don't get, with a bit of luck the club might find not only a new sponsor but one who turns into a long term sponsorship.

While sponsoring riders is most laudable, given the fact that they frequently move clubs from season to season, I don't see the logic that it is supporting the club.

You'll know your business best, but one would have thought that you would get more bang for your buck sponsoring a club as opposed to an individual.

In any case, good to see that the Bandits are making a commercial push.

There seems to be a real buzz about the club this close season. No messing about!

4 years from Osbourne, £1.6 trillion on debt.

I'm afraid to say it will be a lot longer than 4 years :(

While sponsoring riders is most laudable, given the fact that they frequently move clubs from season to season, I don't see the logic that it is supporting the club.

You'll know your business best, but one would have thought that you would get more bang for your buck sponsoring a club as opposed to an individual.

In any case, good to see that the Bandits are making a commercial push.

There seems to be a real buzz about the club this close season. No messing about!

4 years from Osbourne, £1.6 trillion on debt.

I'm afraid to say it will be a lot longer than 4 years :(

Simple, if the rider cannot reach his potential through lack of investment, and does not perform the level expected by the club, it is the club that suffers in the long term, usually by declining crowds because of an under performing team.. It is unlikely that any sponsor of the club will derive any major benefit, unless they are a national company and can get on the TV.

On Osbourne you are probably right, worth noting that the UK has only been in surplus eight times in 200 years.

First point is fair enough. That makes sense.
Second point, this is just from personal experience, sponsoring a rider and getting the logo on Sky Sports gave zero return, sponsoring the club generated business.
Only from personal experience, though.

UK finances are in big, big trouble. Iceland and Ireland took their medicine way back and are doing fine. We're still to take ours and, my word, it's going to taste bad :(

If the riders had to live and run their bikes, van,etc from just their wages they would need double what they are on now, so in one respect people who choose to spend their monet sponsoring a rider are helping the clubs by keeping down the wage levels, this in turn keeps down the money needed by clubs.

• Like 3

On top of that.

OK, fairly explained. But don't you rather shoot yourself in the foot by sponsoring the supporters club night with Pearson and Tatum? Do you feel that will give benefit to your business?

First point is fair enough. That makes sense.

Second point, this is just from personal experience, sponsoring a rider and getting the logo on Sky Sports gave zero return, sponsoring the club generated business.

Only from personal experience, though.

UK finances are in big, big trouble. Iceland and Ireland took their medicine way back and are doing fine. We're still to take ours and, my word, it's going to taste bad :(

Sponsoring a rider is really just for personal pleasure, never got anything out of it financially. In truth if I had spent on riders over the years I could have a really tidy motor sitting on my driveway. As for seeing Taffys Time Machine on a bike on Sky, I cannot see someone seeing it and will pop up to Berwick to have a battery fitted, but i live in hope. However I have got quite a lot of Oakley sales via individual riders reccomending me for theie eyewear.

on the other discussion, UK borrowed more money in the last 4 years, than under the Blair /Brown period. So it looks like the mess will continue. The big boys will get richer, and the hard working Brit will be much poorer.

OK, fairly explained. But don't you rather shoot yourself in the foot by sponsoring the supporters club night with Pearson and Tatum? Do you feel that will give benefit to your business?

No, did it to assist in having a decent talk in, something that does not often happen enough.in my humble opinion, especially in an open and unfettered way.

Edited by To The Point
  • Like 3

Surely its up to the individual as to how and who they sponsor, be it through the club or approaching a rider personally. Looks like To The Point sponsors riders through friendship rather than any kind of commercial gain, be it a rider or an event like the up and coming night with Tatum and Pearson where incidentally its great to see part of the new consortium getting involved as sponsors.

• Like 1