British Speedway Forum
SCB

Hancock Banned After Attacking An "innocent" Man As He Was Out Riding His Bike

Not sure why rmc is posting. He's stropped off, like a petulant child, more times than I could mention.. :D

Odd that he hates it so much that he keeps posting on it

• Like 1

Your list is a bit light on the number of Yanks. Following an accident with Nick(late 90's), all Americans had a joint crusade to take Nicki out hence the reason he now needs a knee brace.

Not true. BW is a Wolves supporter, and his favourite rider is Sam, who is no supporter of ex Wolve NIcki. Guess who sticks up for Nicki in current discussions.

Spot on, I'm no fan of Nicki, when he does something wrong in my opinion I say so. There's plenty of times that has happened and I've voiced my displeasure at him on this forum as others have.

Unfortunately there are some who are too blinded and no matter what happens regarding Nicki they will always lay into him, that is where the true poison lies.

Like it or not Hancock realises this and has manipulated his fans and others into furthering a campaign against Nicki, the result of which we are seeing across social media now.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I honestly believe Tai Woffinden has risen above that this year.. he previously was getting involved in spats on twitter etc, but this year, after the Hancock incident he remained silent unlike the rest of the Monster gang.

Personally I find it all very distasteful and very dangerous and it gives away the supposed 'nice guy' image that Hancock portrays. He comes across as very sly and manipulating. Of course his many fans lap it up hook, line and sinker and he can continue to grin away behind them all...

• Like 1

shame nobody has invented a time machine, Pedersen, Millen, Chris Julian, Chris Blewett, Vic Lonsdale Reidar Eide, that would really have been a race

What about Ivor Brown?
  • Like 1

Spot on, I'm no fan of Nicki, when he does something wrong in my opinion I say so. There's plenty of times that has happened and I've voiced my displeasure at him on this forum as others have.

Unfortunately there are some who are too blinded and no matter what happens regarding Nicki they will always lay into him, that is where the true poison lies.

Like it or not Hancock realises this and has manipulated his fans and others into furthering a campaign against Nicki, the result of which we are seeing across social media now.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I honestly believe Tai Woffinden has risen above that this year.. he previously was getting involved in spats on twitter etc, but this year, after the Hancock incident he remained silent unlike the rest of the Monster gang.

Personally I find it all very distasteful and very dangerous and it gives away the supposed 'nice guy' image that Hancock portrays. He comes across as very sly and manipulating. Of course his many fans lap it up hook, line and sinker and he can continue to grin away behind them all...

It's not so long ago the both Nicki and Greg were best of mates and families were very close, and that was well after the tangling on the forth bend exit at Marketa, Prague.

Personally I find it all very distasteful and very dangerous and it gives away the supposed 'nice guy' image that Hancock portrays. He comes across as very sly and manipulating.

Never trust a Gemini - sign of the twins. :wink:

• Like 1

What about Ivor Brown?

Ivan stopped him in his tracks in about '63.

Never trust a Gemini - sign of the twins. :wink:

You mean there are two of you. :P

Edited by Tsunami

It's not so long ago the both Nicki and Greg were best of mates and families were very close, and that was well after the tangling on the forth bend exit at Marketa, Prague.

All a bit of a shame.

• Like 1

You mean there are two of you. :P

Was it bit later than that "ami"? 65/66/67.?
  • Like 1

just off the top of my head : riders who over the years have had a 'ding dong with pedersen :-

Zagar

THJ

Jonsson

Hancock

Holder

Batchelor

Piotr pawlicki

Jepsen jensen

H andersen

Crump

Gollob

Sayfutinov i know there are many more..............

Brilliant. Box Office. Unlike Greg who many would not go to watch. I hope they can bury the hatchet and get on with the racing.

Pedersen is no angel but nowhere near as bad as some say. Plenty of riders are worse. Hancock would not have got to the top without some fire in his belly.

Move on.

Edited by marky

i dont believe that back in the day racing was harder or dirtier at all

the bikes were slower , the tracks had more shale on which helped when riders were pushed out wide , basic equipment , thick leathers which gave more protection..

things have changed, bikes are much faster which mean injuries are more likely, tracks are slicker meaning riders just skate like on ice into the fences without scrubbing much speed off,riders wear kevlars which offer little protection,

just look over the past years the serious injuries

go back to the 60's how many of the top riders had serious career ending injuries?

mauger, olsen , briggs , fundin, and many more of the top stars were rarely injured and had long careers

in todays times teams are having r/r and guests almost every match due to riders being out injured that wasnt happening no where near as often in the 60's even thou there was many more teams and many more riders .....

quik look at tonights match ay king lynn , between the 2 teams the line up includes 6 guests and an r/r

that never happened back in the 60's , when you think there was 20 odd british league teams and how many national league teams injuries should have been more prolific but they wasn't,

The four you named were arguably multiple world champs BECAUSE they didn't have bad injuries. Look at any era, the multiple world champs have very few major injuries over their career. But I believe far less riders have their careers ended by injury nowadays.

If I look to stars from the 80s, I canoff the top of my head name Gundersen, Jonsson, Sigalos, S Moran, Joe Owen, Jan O Pedersen whose careers were ended by major injuries. you could possibly add peter collins to that list. others such as knudsen and ermolenko recovered from major injuries, while i can remember plenty of other spending lengthy times on the sideline on multiple occasion (Carter, Evitts, Smith etc.). I can't think of too many modern era stars whose careers have been ended by injury?

and then of course were the fatalities, the likes of Hewlet, Aldertson, Pyeatt, Craig Featherby, Leif Wahlmann and others dies on trak in the 80s. In the 70s you had Jansson and Peterson off the top of my head. Apart from the tragic loss of Rico, I struggle to think of any other fatalities in the current decade?

guests weren't so prevalent in the 60s/70s as you didn't have the added complications of double uppers andriders missing due to european league commitments, often local juniors or number 8s would cover absences etc. Not sure why you think there being more teams in the league should make injuries more prolific? Unless you mean riders rode more meetings, but i don't think that's true as most EL riders are riding in at least one other league.

I should hope so. The advent of Air Fences will have helped along with the advances in Medical Science.

That doesn't mean the Bikes today are safer though. I would argue to the contrary.

that's true (re airfeances), and possibly (re the bikes)

However the claim was that the top riders of yesteryear were seriously injured less often, and that's clearly not the case

• Like 1

Absolutely waihe (if I may call you that). I personally saw Dave Wills, Teo Teodorowicz and Vic Harding killed on the track. And, only a couple of weeks after I started going to speedway, Tink Maynard was killed. There were many more fatalities in the 60s and 70s than now.

It was Ove Fundin at the 1965 Internationale who did for Ivor Brown. He suffered serious spine injuries. Though he did come back eventually, he was never the same rider again.

Edited by norbold

The four you named were arguably multiple world champs BECAUSE they didn't have bad injuries. Look at any era, the multiple world champs have very few major injuries over their career. But I believe far less riders have their careers ended by injury nowadays.

If I look to stars from the 80s, I canoff the top of my head name Gundersen, Jonsson, Sigalos, S Moran, Joe Owen, Jan O Pedersen whose careers were ended by major injuries. you could possibly add peter collins to that list. others such as knudsen and ermolenko recovered from major injuries, while i can remember plenty of other spending lengthy times on the sideline on multiple occasion (Carter, Evitts, Smith etc.). I can't think of too many modern era stars whose careers have been ended by injury?

and then of course were the fatalities, the likes of Hewlet, Aldertson, Pyeatt, Craig Featherby, Leif Wahlmann and others dies on trak in the 80s. In the 70s you had Jansson and Peterson off the top of my head. Apart from the tragic loss of Rico, I struggle to think of any other fatalities in the current decade?

guests weren't so prevalent in the 60s/70s as you didn't have the added complications of double uppers andriders missing due to european league commitments, often local juniors or number 8s would cover absences etc. Not sure why you think there being more teams in the league should make injuries more prolific? Unless you mean riders rode more meetings, but i don't think that's true as most EL riders are riding in at least one other league.

that's true (re airfeances), and possibly (re the bikes)

However the claim was that the top riders of yesteryear were seriously injured less often, and that's clearly not the case

You could sadly add Kevin Holden at Poole,a lad at exeter also Paul machene plus a young rider at kings lynn I think.

Martin Hewlett died of a brain hemorrhage not a track crash

shame nobody has invented a time machine, Pedersen, Millen, Chris Julian, Chris Blewett, Vic Lonsdale Reidar Eide, that would really have been a race

Dont forget Holder, Doyle And Kildemand

You are right of course mark246, my mistake.

There were still far more fatalities in 70s/80s than in modern speedway

• Like 1