British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v- Swindon Monday 17th August

Sounds like a good and crazy meeting in front of a big crowd ..just shows benefits the plays offs bring to the sport . Both teams will no doubt be happy with points they got .

Whatever happens Darcy has at least gave Swindon a chance of the play offs which was something we were not going to have & I for one said he'd get his average down but he's shoved that right down my throat.

I still think we'll come up short but what a ride the last few weeks have been😀😀

• Like 1

Well done to the Aussies, a hard-earned point, another superb max from Darcy...lost at reserve. Good win for the Mancs, and good to see decent crowd.

Edited by haydon hat
  • Like 1

Nice win for the ACES. they`re my favourite team, shame they gave the Robins a point..

• Like 2

Well done to the Aussies a hard-earned point, another superb max from Darcy...lost at reerve

Zengi & Nick didn't help in heat 14 either but 15 + 4 compared to 5 at reserve was again the massive difference.

Cheating Swindle, if you can't beat 'em, wipe 'em out.

Didn't deserve a point out of this meeting.

• Like 4

Sky miss out, get your DVD from Clean Cut Sports

Glad it wasn`t on SKY, personally hope they NEVER EVER come to the New Stadium but sadly that isn't going to happen. Right meeting wise and i`m still drained from it now. Ward did all the all hard work for the Robins, with Summers and Batchelor chipping in with points. Nicholls and Worrall looked down on power in the meeting and No idea what Cook was doing in his first ride, as we all knew he had less than a minute and just waited on the 1st bend till the red light came on. A crazy meeting with 3 races which i think took over an hour and a bit to race, saw the tension played out more and in some ways kinda of killed the excitement too. Special mention for Rider of the night for me in Stefan Nielsen, out gated Ward in nearly every run of heat 13 and is getting better and better for me.

• Like 2

Give it a rest FFS!

Give what a rest, I've commented it sounds like a great meeting with a brilliant atmosphere.

The kind of meeting we would all love to be at. As for the DAC reference, that's there because this thread was once again filled with his anti-playoff rhetoric.

I'm also not the only one who has referenced him, at least two other posters have however DAC has personal issues and only picks out my post. Not my issue. Nor was I involved in any of the earlier 'discussions' with him.

You are right though I suppose, let's just focus on the meeting.

As said above, this is precisely the kind of meeting that makes speedway great.. it was tense just watching the updates so lord knows how incredible it must have been trackside. Even if it was scripted I don't think they could have come up with so many twists.

Looking at the remaining fixtures now, Belle Vue could and should be aiming for maximum pts from here on in, which would give them 53.

The Swindon v Kings Lynn meetings will be pivotal, Kings Lynn simply have to win their home match.. If they do, they still have a chance and it will go down to the 3 Swindon v Coventry matches, which could go either way at both tracks.

It's going to be an amazing finish to the season for sure!

Edited by BWitcher

A great nights entertainment....

Darcy Ward and Stefan Nielsen 'men of the match'....

Speedway when done this well certainly delivers a great night out...

Well done to both teams, full on 100% commitment all night.... :t:

Just read rossiters comments. What a sour deluded twisted human being.

I hate the man. I could use other words but I won't because it'll get me in trouble.

Hope he never manages team gb he is an utter disgrace

Edited by acef
  • Like 2

Wow just seen Rosco's rant.

Blaming the ref and the track being dangerous (not seen that mentioned anywhere else) for their loss yet nothing at all of blame towards Morris for wiping out another rider or Zengi delaying the start in heat 14 or his reserves being much weaker.

Rosco comes across as a very sore loser. Very disrespectful to Belle Vue who won fairly

• Like 1