Sign in to follow this  

Lakeside V Poole 21/8/2015

Lakeside Hammers Press Release::

:::::::::

THE VORTEX LAKESIDE HAMMERS

PRESS RELEASE

Monday 17th August 2015

THE HAMMERS WELCOME BACK KIM

Kim Nilsson returns to the Vortex Hammers side this Friday, 21st August, in the final home Elite League meeting of

meeting of the season at the Arena Essex Raceway where the opposition will be the reigning Elite League Champions

Champions and current League leaders, the Poole Pirates.

Having missed the last month and a half through an arm injury the Vortex Hammers Promoter Jon Cook is delighted

delighted to welcome his young Swede back for the crucial clash with Poole.

Jon Cook commented: "Kim's absence has been hard felt and with a win over Poole pretty much guaranteeing us avoid

us avoiding the Wooden Spoon his return is aptly timed as we aim to bow out in style on Friday night."

This important Elite League fixture for both sides starts at the usual time of 8pm with the parade of riders

riders scheduled for 7.45pm.

Tickets will be available on the night through the paybooths but may also be purchased in advance online via th

via the Club’s website at www.lakesidehammers.co

Edited by Guest

Ben Morley in for Starke who is riding for Somerset.

Have been told Mikkel Bech will be missing due to prior commitments............will post again if I can get confirmation.

Have been told Mikkel Bech will be missing due to prior commitments............will post again if I can get confirmation.

Danish Championships same night.

Would have thought Lakeside would try to use Ben Morley? Who will cover Ashley Birks?

..also, who will cover Adam Ellis as he will probably have to miss this meeting as he is representing GB in the 'under 21 SWC' the following day

Not sure if Ed will be riding as Rye House are at Plymouth although, in the past, whichever team was at home had priority.

That's funny - Rye House were at Plymouth LAST Friday!!!!

• Like 1

That's funny - Rye House were at Plymouth LAST Friday!!!!

Quite right. I made the mistake of looking at the original fixture list which had them at Plymouth this Friday.

Sounds like another masterpiece of fixture planning.

So, as things stand, at our final meeting of the year (two thirds of the way into August, and a fortnight before the kids are even back at school) our confirmed line-up, at this stage, is AJ, Richard Lawson and Kim Nilsson. Richard has been a tad inconsistent lately and Kim, a rider who's ability I truly admire, is coming back after a long spell through injury. Kennett should be riding for us as Rye House are away......but who knows. Doesn't bode well, does it?

And to rub salt into the wound, Poole are using Ben Morley (a real fighter around Lakeside).

And this meeting is going ahead? Okay points wise, a win will have us avoid the wooden spoon. But what's our real priority here, helping Poole to get an away win? HOW THE HELL have Poole acquired the services of Ben Morley? What, in the name of sanity, are Cookie and Vatcher thinking? Who's replacing Bech and Ellis? Nothing on the website to indicate who specifically are our usual bunch of guests?

With such an understrength team, surely this meeting should be re-arranged? The Lakeside faithful DESERVE to see their appalling season finish better than this. Their loyalty is surely being pushed to breaking point.

And, if we did cancel it due to being understrength and "in the interest of speedway" obviously, then Poole would be the LAST team that would have grounds for complaint - given that's exactly how Matt Fraud shafted us in May 2013. I'd never normally want to sink to his sad, lowly methods of cheating but I personally think THE FANS DESERVE MORE THAN THIS BLOODY DEBACLE.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

Where are you getting this info that Rye House are riding Friday?

I'm not.

I said they are away.

I thought I had clarified this. Originally Rye House were to visit Plymouth this Friday, 21st but, subsequently, it was brought forward to last Friday. Rye House do not have a fixture of any kind this Friday. Something else now occurs. Last season Adam was in a similar SWC qualifier the day after our fixture against Belle Vue but opted to ride for us then travel out to Germany afterwards. He may do the same this time.

Gomolski could be missing for Poole? :rofl:

Edited by Skidder1

Gomolski could be missing for Poole? :rofl:

That's a given even if he's riding at Lakeside :D

• Like 1