British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Wed 19th August

If excluding Garrity then he deemed the race fine so can't exclude James as well for jumping the start (which replays prove he didn't) it's one or the other

I'm guessing he excluded him as he felt he was taking the mick by jumping the start from 15m having already touched the tapes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/keithski24/status/634111717501444096

When was he meant to have jumped? The tapes were up before he even moved. The ref said he would look at footage after the meeting! What's the point of doing it then?

I never said he jumped and I don't believe he did, it was a poor decision. But not one that had a huge impact on the result or meeting. In some ways the hoo Haa (spelling?) added to the excitement.

At the end of the day if you keep doing it you will pay the price simple. He got what was deserved.

You could understand if he was against 2nd strings but in a reserve race James doesn't need to jump, he's good enough anyway. Just look at his race win!

It was harsh to exclude both. You can't claim the start was unsatisfactory but then exclude Garrity aswell.

You could understand if he was against 2nd strings but in a reserve race James doesn't need to jump, he's good enough anyway. Just look at his race win!

It was harsh to exclude both. You can't claim the start was unsatisfactory but then exclude Garrity aswell.

It was harsh but he's got away with lots this season, sooner or later it catches up with you.

It was harsh but he's got away with lots this season, sooner or later it catches up with you.

I would say Havvy needs to have a word with him but I bet he has plenty of times and the same with the Glasgow management.

I would say Havvy needs to have a word with him but I bet he has plenty of times and the same with the Glasgow management.

I know one match is hard to judge on but will be interesting to see if he jumps tonight at Swindon with Rob Lyon as his TM. To be honest Havvy doesn't fill you with confidence when he admits on TV that he didn't know King (his injured rider) was riding the night before and suffered another fall.....but hey each to their own.

• Like 2

If the referee excluded Sargeant why did he not put the red light on, then the other riders would not have crashed. What if somebody have been badly injured. That would completely be the fault of the referee.

• Like 1

Maybe he has but like most of us he can't understand a word Havvy is saying ?

With regards to people saying riders shouldn't be able to pull out of a meeting if whilst riding they aggravate a injury, were you not at Brandon on King's Lynn's recent trip?

Robert Lambert withdrew after aggravating a previous injury and Coventry didn't make a fuss.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Re James Sargeant thought i would check my Glasgow programmes [14 meetings seen] guess what no tapes exclussions for James.

• Like 1

With regards to people saying riders shouldn't be able to pull out of a meeting of whilst riding they aggravate a injury, were you not at Brandon on King's Lynn's recent trip?

Robert Lambert withdrew after aggravating a previous injury and Coventry didn't make a fuss.

Doesn't make I right tho.

Rob didn't make a fuss, interviewed on Sky he said the rule was "one of the grey ones", don't think anyone would disagree with that generalisation. In both the above case the injuries were genuine whenever caused but the rule is open to shall we say manipulation by unscrupulous clubs. Those kind of rules need to be either binned or reworded to avoid manipulation.

Possible solution is if a team arrive with a rider carrying an injury they have the option of the meeting medic examining him. If themedic declares him fit to ride they cannot use irr unless there is an obvious cause i.e. a fall. Of course the team would tak the risk that the medic could declare the rider unfit but that would be their choice.

Edited by Star Lady

Doesn't make I right tho.

Rob didn't make a fuss, interviewed on Sky he said the rule was "one of the grey ones", don't think anyone would disagree with that generalisation. In both the above case the injuries were genuine whenever caused but the rule is open to shall we say manipulation by unscrupulous clubs. Those kind of rules need to be either binned or reworded to avoid manipulation.

Nigel said Rob was on the phone making a complaint to the ref.

Losing king made us weaker so not sure why anybody would choose to lose a rider esp when we already had Garrity injured and only one fall away from withdrawing. I think it's sad that some people would rather see a rider ride in agony than withdraw.

Back injury from last week(?) aggravated when he fell at Somerset Tuesday. Havvy said he couldn't stand up straight but appeared to be straight when interviewed after pulling out. There again Havvy didn't know he rode on Tuesday :lol:

• Like 1

Missed the TV broadcast - can someone advise what's up with Danny King ?

He has a back injury from Denmark last week. He made it worse falling tue and had treatment all morning. He was fit to ride but then jarred it again riding last night.

Nigel said Rob was on the phone making a complaint to the ref.

Losing king made us weaker so not sure why anybody would choose to lose a rider esp when we already had Garrity injured and only one fall away from withdrawing. I think it's sad that some people would rather see a rider ride in agony than withdraw.

Of course he would query it, so would Havvy if situation reversed I would hope. I would never advocate a rider putting his health in jeopardy. I don't deny losing King weakened you, as Lindgren strengthened Lynn, but they were both done to the rules. It's the rules that are at fault.