British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Wed 19th August

Why wasn't Adam Ellis warned is a question I would ask also.

He jumped starts, twice, then delayed the start a 3rd time before finally being warned.

Very good point

Just checked the rulebook and it makes no mention of when the injuries occurred. Which makes the moaning irrelevant.

Thanks for putting the wording on here.

Doesn't change my opinion that the rule is open to manipulation and needs to be worded better. (I am not accusing Coventry BTW)

Why wasn't Adam Ellis warned is a question I would ask also.

He jumped starts, twice, then delayed the start a 3rd time before finally being warned.

Ellis was lining up every heat a couple of feet further back from the tapes than every other rider in order to get a rolling start !! Cant believe the start marshall didn't have a word !!

• Like 1

Thanks for putting the wording on here.

Doesn't change my opinion that the rule is open to manipulation and needs to be worded better. (I am not accusing Coventry BTW)

King is missing for Ipswich tonight so seems genuine.

King is missing for Ipswich tonight so seems genuine.

I never for one moment doubted that King was suffering from his back injury. My problem is with the rules allowing a rider who is clearly not fit being allowed to ride and then being replaced when sense prevails and he finds the "old" injury too painful.

I say again I'm not complaining about Coventry using irr (or King for that matter), but the rule itself.

• Like 1

I never for one moment doubted that King was suffering from his back injury. My problem is with the rules allowing a rider who is clearly not fit being allowed to ride and then being replaced when sense prevails and he finds the "old" injury too painful.

I say again I'm not complaining about Coventry using irr (or King for that matter), but the rule itself.

I don't get the issue.. so instead they use RR from the beginning which is better for them??

The rule is one of speedways better ones in my opinion.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

I thought Garritys behaviour in the pit area after his exclusion was terrible. He was threatening to hit fans and arguing with anyone he could. Then Sarjeants mechanic threatened to knock a stars fan out. I know the home fans were being a bit abusive but what does Garrity expect after he wiped Morris out.

Fans getting abusive and riders responding has always happened... Dont see the issue. If you give it out, take it back. For instance, I have seen Rory ( as a Coventry rider) get lots of stick from opposing fans and then give it back.

• Like 5

Not sure how it came across on TV but for a sky match I thought it was a good crowd, good atmosphere, programmes sold out, plenty of sponsors there and plenty of controversy. Goes to show you get a top of the table clash people will go! There is still Life in British Speedway ☺

to be honest I thought is was a pretty average match with very little passing in the early heats, although Tatum and Pearson continued to big it up. It did liven up after the Harris crash, added to the bit of controversy towards the end. Some riders were saying that the track was slick, but that was understandable considering the weather forecast.

Not sure how it came across on TV but for a sky match I thought it was a good crowd, good atmosphere, programmes sold out, plenty of sponsors there and plenty of controversy. Goes to show you get a top of the table clash people will go! There is still Life in British Speedway ☺

To be honest, it didn't come across great on TV. The track was very gate and go with races often won from the first bend unless a mistake was made. Gate 1 had a big advantage.

I have seen better meetings this year.

Kelvin Tatum's view this morning on last nights meeting. Have to say I agree with him:

@Kelvin_Tatum: I think King's Lynn were fortunate in some respects last night - Coventry could have pushed them all the way but Heat 12 changed that.

The ref made a rod for his own back; no need to exclude James Sarjeant whatsoever.

But King's Lynn powered to victory in the end inspired by a wonderful showing from Niels-Kristian Iversen.

Edited by mdmc82

There's an interesting slow mo video going around from behind Sarj in heat 12. In it, you can see that Sarj has not moved until the tapes start going up. However, it is also clear that he has started moving when the tapes are still at wheel height for the other 3 riders who are still motionless. Therefore, it would appear that he has gained a small advantage over the others. Maybe the ref had access to this angle / speed. I will try and post it on here but don't hold your breath, I'm not very technical!

• Like 2

There's an interesting slow mo video going around from behind Sarj in heat 12. In it, you can see that Sarj has not moved until the tapes start going up. However, it is also clear that he has started moving when the tapes are still at wheel height for the other 3 riders who are still motionless. Therefore, it would appear that he has gained a small advantage over the others. Maybe the ref had access to this angle / speed. I will try and post it on here but don't hold your breath, I'm not very technical!

Fine, so it's an unsatisfactory start and all four back then. As he hadnt moved enough to touch the imaginary tapes and as he had moved the race was stopped before Garrity crashed into Morris.

Only trouble with that as I said before is that the ref wouldn't have been watching Sarj, he'd have been watching the start line. Therefore Garrity was the cause of the race being stopped. The race would probably have run its full 4 laps without that and James may or may not have been excluded then.

Really? I've seen him pull moves like he did tonight for years. If it's not intentional maybe it's time he called it a day as he's obviously not fully in control of the bike.

yep he's been doing it on purpose for years