British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins 07/09/15 (rearanged Fixture)

strange decision, when have sky ever done this before, they never change this late in the day, theyve been pluggin this match for weeks

sky doing poole another favour, someone at sky must be a big poole fan

its obvious that if the weather is wet it wont help poole and if sky are in town there's the added pressure of getting the match on which puts poole at a disadvantage

also theres the chance of it being another farce like the coventry match , ford wouldnt want to risk that happening...

• Like 1

strange decision, when have sky ever done this before, they never change this late in the day, theyve been pluggin this match for weeks

sky doing poole another favour, someone at sky must be a big poole fan

its obvious that if the weather is wet it wont help poole and if sky are in town there's the added pressure of getting the match on which puts poole at a disadvantage

also theres the chance of it being another farce like the coventry match , ford wouldnt want to risk that happening...

Or maybe Poole just has the courtesy of getting touch with Sky and giving notice that the meeting was likely to be cancelled due to weather forecast when other teams haven't done so and ended up racing 10 heats infront of a crowd of 6.

• Like 2

Gomolski likely to be missing with aggravated knee injury - if meeting is on!!? He is having intensive physiotherapy in Poland.

Edited by Skidder1

We'l be fine. They havn't got a clue what they are talking about. They try and forcast 7 days in advance, jeez, they can't even forcast one day at a time.. :icon_smile_clown: s

Yes total clowns werent they! Yet again you make yourself look foolish is it an art form for you.

Well done sky for changing the match to one that should be on rather than Poole trying to get to a dodgy heat 10 again.

Yes total clowns werent they! Yet again you make yourself look foolish is it an art form for you.

Well done sky for changing the match to one that should be on rather than Poole trying to get to a dodgy heat 10 again.

Er, we are not off yet.

Hope you've had a good holiday, mate.

Yeh, not long enough..

• Like 2

Or maybe Poole just has the courtesy of getting touch with Sky and giving notice that the meeting was likely to be cancelled due to weather forecast when other teams haven't done so and ended up racing 10 heats infront of a crowd of 6.

it doesnt need poole to get in touch with sky

i'm sure sky can read weather forcasts as good as anyone

Big dilemma, go to pub to watch KL v Coventry or stay at home and follow Poole v Swindon getting to a last heat decider.

If both on Poole Swindon it will be.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

This is win win for me. If the Poole meeting is on, I'll be there and watch the Sky meeting when I get home. Or it's not and I watch the Sky meeting from home.

Every forecast I've seen looks horrible though. I actually hope it's postponed to be honest. I can't think of a decent replacement for Gomolski at home, and while our guys don't mind riding in slop, I'd much rather watch a 15 heat meeting full of good racing in a couple weeks than a 10 heat meeting of tentative racing tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well, looking outside we have Red sky. I would larf like hell if the forcasters got this wrong, which won't be the first time.. But if any fans are planning to travel i would suggest they ring the club early in the afternoon to get an update.

Edited by Starman2006

Well, looking outside we have Red sky. I would larf like hell if the forcasters got this wrong, which won't be the first time.. But if any fans are planning to travel i would suggest they ring the club early in the afternoon to get an update.

There will be rain tomorrow, how fast it pushes through is the difficult thing to forecast... If the Scandi High weakens, then the rain bearing cold front could sweep through quickly and be gone by mid afternoon. The Met Office are playing it tentatively and bringing it through in regular speed, there is a really good chance it will blow through early....

That has a consequence..... Rain (light rain to start with) arrives at Saddlebow Road earlier than the 8pm'ish time it's forecast for now..

Edited by Shale Searcher