British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Adder

Swindon V Kings Lynn 20/08

Why did King's Lynn's manager complain about the track not being safe tonight? Didn't seem to be any incidents.

Why did King's Lynn's manager complain about the track not being safe tonight? Didn't seem to be any incidents.

Because he's Rob Lyons. Not one serious incident, only falls were due to rider error. Perhaps that's why KL ride our track so badly, their own team manager talks them out of it!

• Like 1

First time I've seen ward in the flesh for a while but he really is at a different level.there should never be different rules for riders but I hope he's back in the gps next year.might not be right in a way but he is special

Track looked good to me

• Like 2

Of course I do. The new stadium will happen.

Rumour has it that 1 of the street names around the new stadium will be named after Darcy when he signs on a perm basis.

The new stadium might happen, but it's Miedzinski back again next year. :t:

• Like 2

We'll beat the Robins at home, just you see

Tough, tough night against a dialled in team who had the best gate 6 times in first 9 heats = 6 wins in first 9 heats. Very much gate and go go go .....

Baring the loss, the fans were great, even when I was ranting lol Liked the Lynn and Robins flags flying in the stadium, music\tannoys good as was the announcer. Plenty of sponsor activity from a local Husqvarna dealer (I think they were dealers or were they more than that, display team perhaps?)

One thing the Swindon promotion MUST DO is convince their dedicated fans that the new stadium is being built, they are all sceptical, that is so unfair, make a big thing of the first dig or summat!!!!

I hope Darcy stays at Swindon, the new track must be better than that old rutty, holey, crap Poole track so he can ply his trade so much better and no way will Poole be able to keep Holder, Magic and him ......

We'll beat the Robins at home, just you see

Tough, tough night against a dialled in team who had the best gate 6 times in first 9 heats = 6 wins in first 9 heats. Very much gate and go go go .....

Baring the loss, the fans were great, even when I was ranting lol Liked the Lynn and Robins flags flying in the stadium, music\tannoys good as was the announcer. Plenty of sponsor activity from a local Husqvarna dealer (I think they were dealers or were they more than that, display team perhaps?)

One thing the Swindon promotion MUST DO is convince their dedicated fans that the new stadium is being built, they are all sceptical, that is so unfair, make a big thing of the first dig or summat!!!!

I hope Darcy stays at Swindon, the new track must be better than that old rutty, holey, crap Poole track so he can ply his trade so much better and no way will Poole be able to keep Holder, Magic and him ......

Even if Ward would like a move to Swindon, you will need VERY long arms & deep pockets!!!

Hmm,hands up all those that said the guests make King's Lynn stronger.12 points from 11 rides tells a different story I think.We are definitely struggling to find any consistent scoring reserve to replace Kerr at the moment.In fact we have had to use riders from tier 2 to replace him in all bar one meeting.

I think Kerr,Lambert and Milik would have mustered more than 12 between them which could have made the scoreline a little closer.

• Like 1

Even if Ward would like a move to Swindon, you will need VERY long arms & deep pockets!!!

Not for a loan you don't - that would be karma!

• Like 2

Very good crowd of around 1500, (car park looked pretty full), considering the weather, Wardy total class yet again, he's putting a few hundred on the gate. Unlucky Darryl. Lynn were totally abysmal first-half but won the second-half once they got positive about the track! Lindgren and Bjerre are dire thesedays for ex-GP riders. Racing in the main processional. First time I've seen the lights go out! delay of about 15-20 minutes. Good to see so many staying for second-half youth racing.

Don't think there's a better top 5 than the Rockin ROObins, Summers is another great signing at number 2. Onwards and upwards!

Be good to get more Swindon fans on the forum to get up to the Hill to watch meetings!

Edited by haydon hat
  • Like 2

Good meeting with the robins climbing up the league table to 4th and still with meetings in hand over those higher up.

Some good moves by Swindon riders and very pleased with Zengi and Aaron, what a great home debut from him. All the robins rode well and boosted their confidence with another 3 points.

They just need to now take that feel good factor to Coventry tonight and Poole on monday.

• Like 1

That's true but their still was some great racing tonight. Summers hunting down Porsing in heat 1 & then the 2 passing & re-passing each other for 2 laps, Ward on Lindgren in heat 7& then Zengota steering Charles Wright home in heat 8.

Sounds great three heats with passing in. Edited by Game On

Daryl Ritchings has suspected broken fingers after his crash last night 😞 Bad news for Coventry storm

Superb performance by the robins last night. I thought we would be in for a very though night last night and though on paper Stars might even nip it but was not the case. Solid performances from all but special mentions for Summers, Wright & once again Zengi. Still going to be tough for the play offs but it is good to see such an exciting top 5. Good racing tonight and plenty of passes.Summers in Heat 1 showed the intent we need if we are going to make the play offs. Shame to see Lindgren seem such a shadow of his former self.

• Like 1

Sounds great three heats with passing in.

Racing was good last night....maybe judgement on excitement is best saved for those that were there....all seemed to thoroughly enjoy it

• Like 8