British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

King's Lynn Vs Leicester 24/8

Meeting has just been called off

Surprised they left it so late looking at the photos on Twitter.

Down to the ref once he's in attendance, maybe he has webbed feet.

Meeting has just been called off

Surprised they left it so late looking at the photos on Twitter.

Desperation, available dates are at a premium hence why I stayed at home.

We're at that point in the season where promoter's will try to run meetings with no though of the paying public

I wasn't there but apparently track was ok-ish at 7pm. It was the 7.15pm downpour that killed it, and that wasn't forecast....can't blame Buster for that. If only we'd ridden heat 10 a few weeks ago...

• Like 1

I wasn't there but apparently track was ok-ish at 7pm. It was the 7.15pm downpour that killed it, and that wasn't forecast....can't blame Buster for that. If only we'd ridden heat 10 a few weeks ago...

If only the meeting a few weeks ago had started at the advertised time instead of the tractor racing, parade, more watering.

• Like 1

I'm not buying this unforcast rain nonsense. Every weather forecast on tv had rain from 3pm until around midnight.

To leave the postponement as late as they did was pure desperation. I fully understand the club are in between a rock and a hard place but it was never gonna be on. If it had of started, it would never have made 10 heats.

I'm not buying this unforcast rain nonsense. Every weather forecast on tv had rain from 3pm until around midnight.

To leave the postponement as late as they did was pure desperation. I fully understand the club are in between a rock and a hard place but it was never gonna be on. If it had of started, it would never have made 10 heats.

Well the track was fine at 7pm,actually it was good.As Kelvinht said the downpour at 7:15 killed it.And the reason I went tonight was because the forecasts I looked at said the rain was going to clear by 5pm and return at midnight.Buster said also he had 4 weather forecasts all saying the same.

Buster wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of getting his riders and the away team there or preparing the track if his forecast said rain from 3!

• Like 1

It may cost kings lynn if any more rain offs

King's Lynn's manager, along with others, is asking for the play off cut off date to be extended at the pre AGM today

• Like 1

King's Lynn's manager, along with others, is asking for the play off cut off date to be extended at the pre AGM today

Why :mad: There have been 26 weeks to fit in 14 home league meetings. If they can't manage that maybe they should change to organising P*55 ups in a brewery.

Didn't Sweden used to have a system whereby if a match was rained off it had to be completed within 14 days (I think), it's not rocket science.

Edited by Star Lady

Why :mad: There have been 26 weeks to fit in 14 home league meetings. If they can't manage that maybe they should change to organising P*55 ups in a brewery.

Maybe clubs should do something about not having meetings for three weeks when the sun is shining at the hight of summer. Instead of trying in vain to fit everything in when it's the rainy season.....................Just a thought.

• Like 5

Didn't Sweden used to have a system whereby if a match was rained off it had to be completed within 14 days (I think), it's not rocket science.

People have planned there time off around the play off dates and should in no way even be concerned altering the dates to suit those who can't get all there fixtures completed.

It's a long season and there should be no excuse to not fit all your meetings in unless there are extreme circumstances.

Any date changes (unless it's weather related FOR the play offs) would be a smack in the face for the fans.

Maybe clubs should do something about not having meetings for three weeks when the sun is shining at the hight of summer. Instead of trying in vain to fit everything in when it's the rainy season.....................Just a thought.

True, but if they'd raced earlier with no rain off's the season would be finished, bar the play-offs by the start of August, then everyone would moan the fixtures finished too early. Rock and a hard place. Think the real issue is the timing of play offs - takes out 4 weeks of the season and to complete when weather is hopefully reasonable it has to start mid-September. home and away legs should run same week - i.e. Monday and Wednesday, so play-offs compress to 2 weeks....

• Like 2

True, but if they'd raced earlier with no rain off's the season would be finished, bar the play-offs by the start of August, then everyone would moan the fixtures finished too early. Rock and a hard place. Think the real issue is the timing of play offs - takes out 4 weeks of the season and to complete when weather is hopefully reasonable it has to start mid-September. home and away legs should run same week - i.e. Monday and Wednesday, so play-offs compress to 2 weeks....

Simple solution, schedule a meeting every two weeks leave third week free for any rain off from them continue thro the season with a clear two weeks before play offs. Unless weather is exceptionally bad all fixtures should be complete.

It would also provide continuity for fans, no more 4 meetings in 2 weeks followed by three weeks of no meetings.

That's a simplified frame work, can't be bothered to tax my brain too much cos it won't happen

Of course it would help if the British fixture list was out before Sweden/Denmark/Poland but can't see that ever happening under the present BSPA set up.

People have planned there time off around the play off dates and should in no way even be concerned altering the dates to suit those who can't get all there fixtures completed.

It's a long season and there should be no excuse to not fit all your meetings in unless there are extreme circumstances.

Any date changes (unless it's weather related FOR the play offs) would be a smack in the face for the fans.

I haven't planned any time off,i don't know when the play-off dates are.I'm assuming they are still on Mondays which is good as I don't work Mondays.