British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Slovenian Gp Saturday 12th September 2015

The Brits have just as many chances as the foreigners, just they prefer to have everything put in their laps, the foreign riders will go to race in other countries as much as possible... not just talking about top guys here!

People question my posts lol are you serious ?

How many Brits gets regular rides abroad 2 or 3 how many Brits want to race abroad loads, problem is other countries look after there own first which is something we don't over here,British promoters put more money into the average foreigner than up and coming Brits.

You have no idea the treatment British riders get in their own country

The GP had a ring of Formula one about it this weekend .For woffinden and Hancock read Hamilton and Rosberg. 2 guys from the same mechanical stable a country mile in front of the rest.

• Like 2

I would assume part of the reason Tai is going so well is because he is hasn't been riding in the UK and that has given him time for testing. In the Gorzow GP he said he had a bit of a dip in form around the time of the GP in Denmark as the Wroclaw track was unavailable and that his form had then picked back up because they had been testing in Czestochowa.

It is possible some of this work relates to set ups and frames as well as engines in order to get the optimum grip levels/performance.

If he was constantly travelling then this wouldn't be possible.

This scenario is probably true of Greg too as he also mentioned his fabricator back in the US in his interview on Saturday

Result worked well for their main sponsor as a wedding present too

Edited by severnsider

The GP had a ring of Formula one about it this weekend .For woffinden and Hancock read Hamilton and Rosberg. 2 guys from the same mechanical stable a country mile in front of the rest.

Spot on my thoughts aswell

It was obvious that Woffinden and Hancock were a lot quicker than the others, but what made it so entertaining was that Woffinden very rarely made the gate. Some of the moves he pulled on the first / second bends and even later were outstanding. The dominant performances here and Gorzow reminded me of Rickardsson in his prime.

It did this weekend i agree but it was only Hancocks second final of the season so hardly a dominating top 2

• Like 1

People question my posts lol are you serious ?

How many Brits gets regular rides abroad 2 or 3 how many Brits want to race abroad loads, problem is other countries look after there own first which is something we don't over here,British promoters put more money into the average foreigner than up and coming Brits.

You have no idea the treatment British riders get in their own country

Not really Craig Cook etc would rather stay in the uk and earn a wage and living and I don't have a problem with that . Brits have plenty of chances in the uk if there good enough .

Agree with you about Woffy his speed is unnatural and made a average rider into someone who miles better than anyone else .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

It did this weekend i agree but it was only Hancocks second final of the season so hardly a dominating top 2

Agreed. Lots of paranoia I think.

Not really Craig Cook etc would rather stay in the uk and earn a wage and living and I don't have a problem with that . Brits have plenty of chances in the uk if there good enough .

Agree with you about Woffy his speed is unnatural and made a average rider into someone who miles better than anyone else .

Thought I read somewhere in the last day or two that Craig has stated he is giving up his 2nd tier league, concentrate on top tier racing and going to get extra experience abroad as well.

• Like 1

Average? Of course.

Unnatural speed?...can anyone tell me the Krsko track record and did Tai, or Greg for that matter break it on Saturday?.

I can't get my head around all this rubbish some people are spouting on here.

Greg Hancock is a 3 time world champion & indeed the reigning world champion. Is it not reasonable to assume he will have good machinery tuned to perfection by a top tuner? That could be part of the reason he has those 3 world titles, don't you think? That said, he has struggled to find the right set up for a long time this season, but seems to have done so now & as such is back to the top of his game, which, given he is a thrice world champion, is probably better than the A game most riders can bring to the GP, or indeed any other speedway meeting. You wouldn't think he has won just about every honour in the sport.

As for Tai Woffinden, he was the 2013 world champion, so again, it would be reasonable to assume he will invest in decent machinery & have his engines looked after by the best, which is what he does. His bikes are quick, but that is because Peter Johns tunes them exactly the way his customer wants them tuned. That said he couldn't catch Greg (twice) or Kildemand, on Saturday, so not that quick then, huh? Woffinden is the best racer around at the moment & seems to be the complete package, a la Rickardsson, Mauger & Nielsen before him. He is focused & driven, has a settled home life & back up team, including tuner, mentor & pit crew. He is brave, smooth, in control, can gate (sometimes & it's fantastic to watch when he doesn't), has great track craft, can ride slick or grippy, has the best first bend brain in the sport & is savvy enough to know when to go for it & when to settle for what is required. Small wonder he is head & shoulders above the rest.

These two guys are both a credit to our sport. They are great at what they do, in different ways. One is a legend already, one, if he steers clear of injury & maintains all of the above that he has built around him, could well go on to break all records.

If they both have quick bikes, tuned by one of the best, good for them. It is up to the others to catch them.

If any of you think either is cheating, don't hide behind veiled threats of "unnatural speed" (what the hell does that mean anyway?), have the balls to say so. Then prove it.

Edited by Dave the Mic
  • Like 3

Unnatural speed?...can anyone tell me the Krsko track record and did Tai, or Greg for that matter break it on Saturday?.

Track record is 64,75s by Matej Zagar from 2006. Fastest I think was Peter Kildemand with 67 seconds. But track record is not relevant because back then it was different material on the track and nowadays riders don't go below 67 seconds.

Edited by Kreso
  • Like 1

Track record is 64,75s by Matej Zagar from 2006. Fastest I think was Peter Kildemand with 67 seconds. But track record is not relevant because back then it was different material on the track and nowadays riders don't go below 67 seconds.

Many thanks :t:

If any of you think either is cheating, don't hide behind veiled threats of "unnatural speed" (what the hell does that mean anyway?), have the balls to say so. Then prove it.

That is how things go in the sport.You will get "veiled" comments from Tatum and Pearson(I think it was) about Emils engines,which went on for weeks or months when he was going fantastic in the GPs.You will get "veiled" comments about "polish speed" from people in the sport when the Poles are ding really well.Think Stekkers was one ,when Poland beat Denmark in the SWC.These sort of comments have been going on for decades and very very rarely does anyone put the money up to make an official protest.Just veiled remarks.That is how it has been and probably always will be,not just from fans,but more often than not from riders and officials.People(and this often means riders)can't believe that someone else can be so much better than themselves or the rider they favour.

Korneliussen was in some paper the other year saying he knew riders were cheating.Did he come out and name any?Did he make any protests at any meetings?I'll leave those for you to answer

Edited by iris123