British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Slovenian Gp Saturday 12th September 2015

Thats a fair point. I think the attention and the money has drifted off to eastern europe and our country hasn't been the focal point of this sport for a while and probably why there is a far greater depth of young talent elsewhere (although no idea how the aussies keep doing it).

Events take money and fan popularity. I think its embarrassing we don't even have representatives in the SEC or the Pairs.

Although I really enjoy the events of yesteryear as there was something really pure and enjoyable about them, unless speedway gets that huge popularity it once had and maybe top sports seiously overprice themselves out of a weekly market, I can't see it happening.

But watch the last GP, it was one of the far better one's. ;)

Out of interest I have just looked at 2 teams from different eras but with a connection, and compared home fixtures for West Ham 1967 (the year I saw the most meetings) and Lakeside 2015.

Just compare the number of meetings in each case, the different teams visiting, the galaxy of riders appearing and the variety of fixtures including a WCQR, a GB v Poland Test and the British Final.

West Ham 1967 had around double the home meetings of Lakeside 2015, hosted 18 different league sides and staged World and International meetings. This is why I say today's EL fans are being short-changed.

• Like 1

Hi everyone

Watching on a nice Polish stream here.

http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv1.html

Much better translated interviews on the Polish coverage and its exactly the same feed.

Alan.

This is a nice setting for a meeting. Hope the track is well prepared. We'll see shortly.

Even better stream

http://sportslive.info/viewpage.php?page_id=7

Troy approves of the track anyway. :lol:

Even with all the replays, it's a tough one. There was a gap for Nicki and Jonasson got caught in a sandwich. So glad Janowski is up, but who'd be a referee? ;)

Another ridiculous exclusion, what the fig did THJ do wrong there.. :o

• Like 2

Another ridiculous exclusion, what the fig did THJ do wrong there.. :o

If ever there was an example of something being a pure racing incident and allow all riders back this was it. Dunno what THJ was meant to do, pedersen did nothing wrong and Magic was in front and on his line. The one I thought it defo couldn't be was THJ

• Like 3

If ever there was an example of something being a pure racing incident and allow all riders back this was it. Dunno what THJ was meant to do, pedersen did nothing wrong and Magic was in front and on his line. The one I thought it defo couldn't be was THJ

Pedersen moved through cleanly on the inside. Janowski wasn't in front enough to be able to move across Jonasson and should have gone in my opinion.

• Like 1

The enigma that is Chris Harris. When the chips are down in the GP qualifier he storms through. The following week in a GP he is admiring everyone else's backside. ;)

• Like 1

So far, so dull. More action next 3 rounds please. And let's hope the ref can find the release button a bit quicker. I hate re-runs based on unsatisfactory starting.

• Like 1

Tai, that was bloody magnificent. I'm still shaking my head. :lol:

• Like 1