British Speedway Forum

Its time to start supporting Warren Scott at Rye House, whatever has gone on, has gone on, but ALL us fans wish Rye House to continue and grow and the ONLY way this can happen is under the owners wishes and that it WARREN SCOTT.

Try to move on and see the bigger picture and support the club not boycott it, Warren you have my support.[/quote

Totally agree.

I for one have been critical in the past, at least some thing has been done to improve the team and the entertainment on offer. Would not want Rye to fold.

Wish Dan Greenwood well after his accident last night, hope its not to serious.

Hopefully it's a bright future at Rye House. Team changes to the Rockets seem to be a step in the right direction. We now have three strong heat leaders. If the improvements to the stadium are done during the winter then we could have a great little stadium. There is a lot of potential at Rye if it can be unleashed it could be a big success. Hopefully that can include training schools & a national league side.

• Like 3

Quite agree re training schools, thats where tomorrows speedway riders come from and to see riders in training means we get first look at them rather than having to rely on others to point out potential and then for other teams sign them before we get the chance. Also young kids deciding they want to train at speedway usually brings their parents with them and then hopefully extended family, friends etc. which in turn could hopefully improve supporters coming through the gates at meetings.

Since when? If that was the case then the car park should be his first priority, but I don't think that is true.

Don't think the car park belongs to the stadium.

Don't think the car park belongs to the stadium.

First impressions and all that. I'd be trying to get it done/putting my hand in my pocket in that position regardless.

First impressions and all that. I'd be trying to get it done/putting my hand in my pocket in that position regardless.

Regardless of the fact it may be someone else's property?

Edited by Shads

Regardless of the fact it may be someone else's property?

Obviously you'd speak to the owner first and ask. Doubt they'd say no to some/all of the work being paid for. If they do then at least you have something to tell fans about why the car park is atrocious.

Obviously you'd speak to the owner first and ask. Doubt they'd say no to some/all of the work being paid for. If they do then at least you have something to tell fans about why the car park is atrocious.

Someone mentioned the land belongs to Thames Water. In that case it's their job to resurface the car park. The Rye pub customers also use it. Should they stump up some cash too?

Edited by Shads

I think the stadium, Speedway and kartrack, is owned by Lea Valley Regional Park Authority and Warren Scott/Len Silver lease the stadium from them, hopefully on a 99 year lease. I would have thought if the state of the car park is the responsibility of the leaseholders then Scott/Silver and the pub if included should get it sorted, if it's the owners of the land's responsibility then Scott/Silver should get onto Lea Valley Authority to sort it, if they are proper businessmen all the details of who is responsible for what should be clearly set out in the lease. If a rider is badly injured and has to be taken out in the ambulance I don't think the holes, or should I say 'crater' at the entrance would do much to help their injuries.

• Like 1

I daresay Ambulances enter and leave the track via the pitgate. Luckily for me I've never seen an Ambulance on the track over the years though my visits are infrequent I suspect they use the entrance road to the kart track which having never travelled along it I suspect is fairly smooth

They do leave by the pit gate then down the concreted road that leads mainly to and from the kart track but they still have to negotiate the crater at the car park entrance, I see the ambulance coming in the gate at the meetings and they bounce about as much as my poor little car.

None of the promised Improvements to the stadium so do you really think there will be Improvements to the car park?

More chance of me marrying Cilla Black!!

None of the promised Improvements to the stadium so do you really think there will be Improvements to the car park?

More chance of me marrying Cilla Black!!

That's pretty low in the circumstances. :mad: :mad: :mad::nono: :nono:

That's pretty low in the circumstances. :mad: :mad: :mad::nono: :nono:

I apologise, that was out of order.

My point though is actions speak louder than words. I hear lots of words but see NO action.

I apologise, that was out of order.

My point though is actions speak louder than words. I hear lots of words but see NO action.

What is it you actually want?