British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Can just see Leicester being left with Zengota, Watt, Summers, Batch and Wozniak!

Think Masters will be in there.

With their good reserves i think that could end up being a better team than a top heavy Swindon side.Doyle on his own did not do Leicester much good last year did he.

Zengota, Watt and Summers will lose almost 5 points between them next season. So Swindon would have to start 5 points under the limit. The reason the team with Doyle failed wasn't because of Doyle but because the other 6 (well, 3 of them - at any given time) were beyond crap.

Soz not very well worded.I mean't to say Leicester with Zengot,Batchelor,Watt and Wozniak plus there two stronger reserves could end up being a better side than Swindon.It all depends on who they sign to ride with Doyle and as Leicester know very well a good number 1 is no good at all if the rest of the team lets him down.

To add imo that team in a weaker league looks a more balanced Leicesrer team than the one they had this year.

Can just see Leicester being left with Zengota, Watt, Summers, Batch and Wozniak!

Watt is pants at Beaumont Park and he openly admits he doesn't like riding there.

Watt is pants at Beaumont Park and he openly admits he doesn't like riding there.

Nor does the majority of riders......which means if a rider learns it well enough, he can acquire one big home advantage. Just needs some persistence and the right attitude.

Big loss to the Lions losing Jason, but it may not be the end of the world. He was never in his 2 years at BP backed up with the rest of the team he was just a lone rider, don't get me wrong I hate to see him go, we all saw a great talent only get better in those 2 seasons. In one way it may be what the management needed to get a half decent team together, instead of just one rider.

Lets face it I think they have had enough time and know all along that he would not be coming back next season.

So they should have had the irons already in the fire looking for someone to replace him with. If not then it just shows how sloppy the management are.

From the Lions website.

"We have had three break-ins during the past three weeks with the most recent one being last night. Could all supporters please keep a watch if they are anywhere near the stadium and report anything unusual to us or the Police immediately. There have been lights smashed, electrics vandalised, doors kicked in and damage to our tractor."

Local scumbags on the loose again.

I cannot believe anyone could call Leicester a poor stadium.

It's outstanding for what has been achieved in a short time.

It is indeed a lovely stadium and will obviously develop more the longer It runs but the track and lack of racing completely ruin it, but then Hemsley knows best doesn't he.

• Like 1

I cannot believe anyone could call Leicester a poor stadium.

It's outstanding for what has been achieved in a short time.

we hasve pop up everthingthese days . radio stations . shopping precincts , gift shops. and bingo halls , leicester is the first pop up speedway stadium , a track , pop up stands and portakabins , whats outstanding about that ?

Leicester are in big trouble now that they have lost Doyle who along with a number of other riders have said No Thank you to Saturday night racing the club has real problems now as can't see where the No1 and 2 riders are coming from to make the team at least competitive.

What I cannot understand is Jason said he would stay if they changed the race night yet Hemsley would not back down yet in 2017 has already been told he can't run on Saturdays as away clubs struggle to get their riders to do the meetings.

• Like 2

we hasve pop up everthingthese days . radio stations . shopping precincts , gift shops. and bingo halls , leicester is the first pop up speedway stadium , a track , pop up stands and portakabins , whats outstanding about that ?

Easy come.......easy go.....

Leicester are in big trouble now that they have lost Doyle who along with a number of other riders have said No Thank you to Saturday night racing the club has real problems now as can't see where the No1 and 2 riders are coming from to make the team at least competitive.

What I cannot understand is Jason said he would stay if they changed the race night yet Hemsley would not back down yet in 2017 has already been told he can't run on Saturdays as away clubs struggle to get their riders to do the meetings.

I think young Mr Hemsley's best chance is to do a rapid u-turn back to the PL while theres still half a chance.

Pop ups are usually quickly gone.

I guess the new national stadium is a 'pop up' too then?

Anyone hear Mr Hemsley on Radio Leicester at 6.15 ish this evening?? Anything interesting come out of it?

Edited by Skidder1

Listened from just after 6.15 for 20 odd minutes. No interview, no comment and no indication that anything was coming up. Speedway not mentioned once

Listened from just after 6.15 for 20 odd minutes. No interview, no comment and no indication that anything was coming up. Speedway not mentioned once

Basically saying Doyle has betrayed him and that there was an" agreement" with Jason that he would do four years with Leicester after sorting out his visa issues. Generally having a go at disloyalty of riders (promoters are never disloyal to riders are they!!). I got the feeling he is not prepared to consider (and never has done) moving the race night to thursday. Mumbled about having to find riders but big problem with them not wanting to race in UK on Saturdays (no s**t, Einstein) so just sounded gloomy. Overall, it came across as "they've all got it in for me" and delusion that everything ought to revolve around Leicester speedway.

• Like 1