British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

'Mostly'?

There's plenty who aren't on final salary pension schemes who have only the pitiful state pension to live on. There's a lot of people on here who really should stick to speedway rather than just spout what they read in their daily rag or hear down the pub.

Yes mostly as in majority. As a group OAPs have more disposable income than any other age group. Your way of looking at things, those on minimum wage should also get in cheaper because not everyone has a decent wage.

• Like 1

'Mostly'?

There's plenty who aren't on final salary pension schemes who have only the pitiful state pension to live on. There's a lot of people on here who really should stick to speedway rather than just spout what they read in their daily rag or hear down the pub.

They should have saved some money for their retirement then...instead of peeing it up the wall!
  • Like 2

Leicester v Poole moved to Monday 9th May from Saturday 7th to avoid Leicester City on Sky (at Leicester's request) and the GP qualifier at Kings Lynn (which would suit Poole)

Good sensible co-operation between promotions..

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

Enjoyed the racing last night, track could've done with some water though, dust was awful on the first bend.

Can the car park attendants please try squeezing a few more cars into the car park too, would help away fans immensely! Loads if space available even when the car park full signs were up (lucky chosen few still got on I noticed ) ......

My husband Barrow Boy cannot now use this forum because he needs to log in but he cannot remember his password. He has 3 times tried and on each occasion he has clicked on the I have forgotten my password box and each time he has been told that an Email will be sent giving him instructions on how to proceed but he is till waiting. He would be grateful if someone in authority could look into this for him.

Thank you, Mojo.

Has he changed his email address that he set the account up from?

I had the same problem, nobody got back to me either, so set a new account up.... They are not very good at the help side I'm afraid...

Yes mostly as in majority. As a group OAPs have more disposable income than any other age group. Your way of looking at things, those on minimum wage should also get in cheaper because not everyone has a decent wage.

You must live in an area full of very well-off pensioners. There is a wider world out there than the few people you know.

• Like 2

You must live in an area full of very well-off pensioners. There is a wider world out there than the few people you know.

He's just regurgitating the garbage spouted by Mick Horton and his crew.

Gullible is the description I would use

I actually live down the road from one of the most deprived areas in Britain. Ive read the ONS and IFS on this issue. Its easy to find.

He's just regurgitating the garbage spouted by Mick Horton and his crew.

Gullible is the description I would use

As ive said above ive done a little bit of research into it. Ive educated myself on the issue, so who is the gullible one? Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

i have read here that the Leicester crowds have dropped away a lot over the past season?

It appears to me that the problem is that the Promoters seem to have little empathy with the fans who come. The track is finally sorted out, there seems to be a ton of passing there now compared to before, but the customer/promoter relationship is breaking down, which is disasterous.

The clubs that are successful have a "bond" between the supporters and the promotion (Glasgow, Poole etc), and the fans arent taken for granted. Hopefully, the BV promotion will do the same at the new stadium, and look to really promote the venue rather than just open it up and hope everyone comes. That seems to be Leicester's issue right now.

To be fair......

The weather for every home meeting this season has been poor.... Except the Sky meeting...

Its either threatened to wee it down, or it has wee'd it down, and its been chilly as well.

Let's see when the weather improves first before we judge the level of support on the terraces..

Best wishes to the Tompson twins in Poland this weekend.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

The question is with other clubs starting to make moves to make teams stronger should Leicester look at replacing Seb Ullamek ?

Two options could be Nicholas Porsing who has no Polish racing at present as was at Peterborough on Sundays or do you take a gamble on maybe Davey Watt if he is interested.

The question is with other clubs starting to make moves to make teams stronger should Leicester look at replacing Seb Ullamek ?

Two options could be Nicholas Porsing who has no Polish racing at present as was at Peterborough on Sundays or do you take a gamble on maybe Davey Watt if he is interested.

Davey hates the track....

Porsing lesser of the 2 evils..

Porsing to concentrate only on riding in Europe according to post on Peterboro' thread. From his manager I think