British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

I expect you will have to pay full whack!

I was really expecting it to be £10 max let's hope your wrong or it will be a poor crowd at full price for a friendly against a premier league team.

I was really expecting it to be £10 max let's hope your wrong or it will be a poor crowd at full price for a friendly against a premier league team.

You can't get into a NL meeting for that !!!

• Like 4

You can at The Natuonal Speedway Stadium. If you are 18 or under its free!!

...Shale Searcher.....There are signs of a return to something colder around 25th March.

Well, that's wrong already as it's bloody freezing here today, ten days too early. :lol:

Well, that's wrong already as it's bloody freezing here today, ten days too early. :lol:

Of course it is freezing, that is usual for the start of the speedway season.

• Like 2

Yes, it's cooler today, my weather station is saying 8.2c I did say the warm temperatures would be governed by the amount of sunshine, and up north Scotland who have had blue sky and Sun most of the day, reached 18c today, yes 18c!!

Still pretty dry until 24/25th March, and in any prolonged sunshine, we will get into double figures... 12c, 14c, maybe a 16c...

Has anyone any idea when the road up to the disabled parking will be open again. All the council site tells you is that they are working on the road crossing bridge and the road is closed, I could not see a completion date for the work.

It has put the dampers on me coming, as I can't get to the track any other way. Never get up the slope in my wheelchair the other way, the same goes for a few others who attend.

Has anyone any idea when the road up to the disabled parking will be open again. All the council site tells you is that they are working on the road crossing bridge and the road is closed, I could not see a completion date for the work.

It has put the dampers on me coming, as I can't get to the track any other way. Never get up the slope in my wheelchair the other way, the same goes for a few others who attend.

Correct me if im being a little thick but isnt that the same access road that riders use to get to the track? Could be slightly embarrassing if they cant get in!

Pretty sure someone would give you assistance from the bottom carpark if you asked , and you can access the disabled / riders carpark from the other end of that road .no need to go under the bridge

• Like 1

Never been in that way only know of the one way in there as I don't live in the area. Will have to take a look on Goggle maps. Just taken a look and yes I can get in from the turn off before the one by the Police Station.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Never been in that way only know of the one way in there as I don't live in the area. Will have to take a look on Goggle maps. Just taken a look and yes I can get in from the turn off before the one by the Police Station.

Check with Kyle Newman - he'll have the answer. :D:t:

• Like 1

Saw a video on Facebook of Szymon Wozniak taking a few laps around Beaumont Park, looks in good nick. Nice to see he's as keen as ever, over here early putting the graft in. Lets hope we reap the rewards of his efforts.

Saw a video on Facebook of Szymon Wozniak taking a few laps around Beaumont Park, looks in good nick. Nice to see he's as keen as ever, over here early putting the graft in. Lets hope we reap the rewards of his efforts.

Was impressed with him at wolves last season, came for the 1st time and really struggled came 2 weeks later and had obviously learnt as was impressive
  • Like 2

Confirmed full whack on Lion's Facebook page.

Also confirmed that former Lion and Sheffirld no1 Simon Stead will be missing after his crash at the Ben fund meeting last Saturday so hopefully they can get a good replacement for him