British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Makes a bit of a joke of the Interview in this week's Speedway Star (repeated in the Daily Star), doesn't it?! :wink:

I'd have thought that having settled in Norwich he would be looking to do a deal at the Adrian Flux Arena?!

NOT really. He says he hasn't anything fixed for 2016 other than that he won't ride for a Saturday night track...

Edited by PHILIPRISING

From what I have been told Jason has a deal with another club which is good but will not sign yet until he knows what is going on at Leicester as with all this talk of two midweek race nights this could change initial ideas that Jason has had.

If Leicester remain in EL and change to midweek and doesn't decide to return to Wolves I wouldn't be surprised to see Tai at Leicester, He said that if more regular race night he will return and as WC financially it makes sense to maximise your earnings

From what I have been told Jason has a deal with another club which is good but will not sign yet until he knows what is going on at Leicester as with all this talk of two midweek race nights this could change initial ideas that Jason has had.

If Leicester remain in EL and change to midweek and doesn't decide to return to Wolves I wouldn't be surprised to see Tai at Leicester, He said that if more regular race night he will return and as WC financially it makes sense to maximise your earnings

I think Tai will spend the winter in his native Australia before embarking on back to back World Titles than worrying about British speedway in 2016.

• Like 1

Leicester can't afford tai

Other than the once a season sky match which was run with a great crowd on a Monday for £7.50 the other mid week race nights crowds have been really poorly attended including the international match against the Aussies which I think was a tuesday.

The only night that works for Leicester is a Saturday.

If it's one regular night racing then Tai might consider returning, but with Wolves.

Do Wolves fans want Lydia back? I don't .

When he can ride Kirky Dump & the Arlington pear drop then I might be interested - then I Will consider him as a World Champion...

If it's one regular night racing then Tai might consider returning, but with Wolves.

Do you really think Tai will come back if there is one race night in the UK? Perhaps I'm being too cynical in my old age but I reckon it's just used as an excuse by many of the absentees.

• Like 1

Do you really think Tai will come back if there is one race night in the UK? Perhaps I'm being too cynical in my old age but I reckon it's just used as an excuse by many of the absentees.

I don't. The riders have been saying it for many years. And let's face it less and less Want to ride here so there must be something in it.

Tai is at the end of a long line before him that are saying the same thing.

Sadly we are way behind other countries in giving the riders what they need.

The option of not having the top boys who want to ride here anymore is almost unthinkable and the end of the UK having any future on the World scene.

A scary thought.

Club Statement

The news story that appeared on the Daily Star’s website on Wednesday that Jason Doyle was possibly looking for a new team in 2016 initially caused a ripple within the club. The Australian Champion was quoted as saying that his thinking was based on a punishing travel schedule that sees him with little rest time between racing for the Lions on a Saturday night at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium and then fulfilling his commitment to his Polish club, Torun the next day.

“I have noted Jason's concerns that he has about riding for a Saturday track and can appreciate what he is saying. Norrie and I will be outlining our plans for next season with Jason and hopefully together we can find ways to resolve the problem. Fans can be assured that we will do everything possible to ensure that Jason is at Leicester next year” said the Lions Promoter David Hemsley.

Just another Aussie who earned his bread and butter here for years . now wants British speedway to fit in with the punishing schedule he signed up for himself , Tell you what Jason , stop riding in Poland and Sweden then your schedule wont be so punishing . break the mould of Aussie users and show a bit of loyalty for change

• Like 2

Club Statement

The news story that appeared on the Daily Star’s website on Wednesday that Jason Doyle was possibly looking for a new team in 2016 initially caused a ripple within the club. The Australian Champion was quoted as saying that his thinking was based on a punishing travel schedule that sees him with little rest time between racing for the Lions on a Saturday night at the Jordan Road Surfacing Stadium and then fulfilling his commitment to his Polish club, Torun the next day.

“I have noted Jason's concerns that he has about riding for a Saturday track and can appreciate what he is saying. Norrie and I will be outlining our plans for next season with Jason and hopefully together we can find ways to resolve the problem. Fans can be assured that we will do everything possible to ensure that Jason is at Leicester next year” said the Lions Promoter David Hemsle

Does this mean Leceister have paid Swindon the 30k fee that they want.....that's right, they haven't.

Just another Aussie who earned his bread and butter here for years . now wants British speedway to fit in with the punishing schedule he signed up for himself , Tell you what Jason , stop riding in Poland and Sweden then your schedule wont be so punishing . break the mould of Aussie users and show a bit of loyalty for change

What 'mould of Aussie users' are you referring to?

ps. I think Tai will ride for Poole next year as MF has a major overhaul of his team!! :wink::D

Edited by Skidder1

I doubt it. Providing Swindon come to the tapes next season I reckon they'll be in greater need of riders than Poole and he is their asset. I think Troy Batchelor is probably already on the unwanted list. :wink:

by the way he rode in the semi's i think he may know it aswell.

Do Wolves fans want Lydia back? I don't .

When he can ride Kirky Dump & the Arlington pear drop then I might be interested - then I Will consider him as a World Champion...

why would it make a difference how he rides arlington , you expecting to drop down to the NL are you ? btw it's an egg not a pear :D

What 'mould of Aussie users' are you referring to?

ps. I think Tai will ride for Poole next year as MF has a major overhaul of his team!! :wink::D

All of them , every single one of them who is currently riding here , In both Elite and Premier leagues , would gladly turn their backs ,for the big money in Poland , but until they can do that , they are happy enough to earn their living here .