British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Tsunami, what's the Newcastle track like at the moment to get on and do any work on it....?

With all the rain due wed and thurs I doubt if many tracks can take heavy machinery

Just looked in a mirror have you.

Must have been a long night of homework, you must be drained..

With all the rain due wed and thurs I doubt if many tracks can take heavy machinery

Ours is pretty wet.

Must have been a long night of homework, you must be drained..

Ours is pretty wet.

Weekend not good either at the moment.. Low pressure systems off the Atlantic push the blocking high out to the south east tomorrow/overnight into Thursday, bringing with it slightly warmer, or should I say, less cold weather, but you pays the price with low after low rushing in from the west, bringing the associated wind and rain....

Tomorrow, it's rain turning to snow for a time on its trailing edge, as cold air undercuts the back of the weather front from the north/north west, before it turns back to showery rain...

Edited by Shale Searcher

Weekend not good either at the moment.. Low pressure systems off the Atlantic push the blocking high out to the south east tomorrow/overnight into Thursday, bringing with it slightly warmer, or should I say, less cold weather, but you pays the price with low after low rushing in from the west, bringing the associated wind and rain....

Tomorrow, it's rain turning to snow for a time on its trailing edge, as cold air undercuts the back of the weather front from the north/north west, before it turns back to showery rain...

That's all from me, now over to Bob on the sports desk …..

• Like 8

That's all from me, now over to Bob on the sports desk …..

Thanks and now for an insite into a sport that is on every ones mind, synchronised swimming :oops:

Thanks and now for an insite into a sport that is on every ones mind, synchronised swimming :oops:

Much too wet and cold for synchronised swimming A ORLOV!! What are you thinking?? :party::wink::wink::wink::D:P

Much too wet and cold for synchronised swimming A ORLOV!! What are you thinking?? :party::wink::wink::wink::D:P

To many rain offs and guest swimmers that very few bother to watch it anymore. :D

• Like 1

To many rain offs and guest swimmers that very few bother to watch it anymore. :D

All the best synchronised swimmers are only interested in Poland anyway

• Like 3

Tsunami, what's the Newcastle track like at the moment to get on and do any work on it....?

Very Very wet, with a lot of water on the inside bends. The track will have to be complete drained before it is cut on the 28th. It is very difficult to walk on as the top surface is all slop.

Just looked in a mirror have you.

Least i've got something decent to look at. Don't tell lies either. :D:P

weatherwatcher............Nothing, bar clearing the ditches up, did,t think it was going to happen after all the talk about the weather, there has been at least a good week with no rain of any significance falling. So it could have been done, by now. Not sure when It will get altered now. Next season probablly. As for not having my heart into the speedway this year, this is the worst EL I can remember. You have 2 teams that are worth a note and the rest, the other six are terrible to say the least, we are paying an extra £2 entrance fee, to watch a team that is going to stuggle along again, I can see a couple of them leaving in a few mmonths time and then where does it leave the Lions. It would have been better to have gone back down to the PL at least we would see some decent racing. Not sure what this coming season is going to be like but I think it will be a mediocre season. I can go to Darly and watch 3 times as much racing for half the cost of what will will to get into watch the Lions and it is the same distance from where I live. Will next year be any better and will the Lions still be up and running in the EL or PL or will the stadium be sold on.

You never fail to cheer me up when I look at the forum each day. Such a little ray of sunshine. :lol: I think we've got the message now ~ you're cheesed off with Speedway at Leicester and would prefer to go to Darly instead. Okay fair enough. I'm off now to see if there are any more cheerful posts on this cold rainy day before I fall into a deeper depression.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 2

A simple solution would be long as 1-7 named for a meeting is under the limit using their average from the start of the season then dont see the issue. I did read it would have to be a rider new to Britain, for example Poole wanted to use Kacper Woryna for the role.

As soon as I saw Matt Ford was for it .I knew there would be a plan for Poole to benefit in some way ..

• Like 3

It must have rained differently in Leicester, to what we have been getting in South Derbyshire, the records from my weather station shows a total of 75mm this year which is around average. The back end of last year was well below what we narmally get. I only have to go into Burton-on-Trent and see the washland there that usually resemble a huge lake when the rain is really bad, it is nothing like that so far this winter.

Just hope that the work will get done one day as it would be such a shame not to ever get the work finished. With not many weeks to go before the season starts up again, is there any fear that the track will be unfit at the start of the coming season. With the next couple of months being some of the wetter ones of the year.

It must have rained differently in Leicester, to what we have been getting in South Derbyshire, the records from my weather station shows a total of 75mm this year which is around average. The back end of last year was well below what we narmally get. I only have to go into Burton-on-Trent and see the washland there that usually resemble a huge lake when the rain is really bad, it is nothing like that so far this winter.

Just hope that the work will get done one day as it would be such a shame not to ever get the work finished. With not many weeks to go before the season starts up again, is there any fear that the track will be unfit at the start of the coming season. With the next couple of months being some of the wetter ones of the year.

I dont know what weather you actually watch . but I live 12 miles from BP as the crow flies and my back garden has been underwater for most of this winter