British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Rye House V Peterborough 7th September.

Can't see a thread for this. Anyone going? Bit of a makeshift team for Rye with Bowen (using R/R) and Maassen (awaiting guest replacement) injured. With Greenwood given the all clear to ride it's a very top heavy Rockets team. Could be a close call this one.

This could be very tight, should be interesting and I am coming up for this one, any weather updates locally would be appreciated.

This could be very tight, should be interesting and I am coming up for this one, any weather updates locally would be appreciated.

Dear oh dear. Haven't a clue what I'm doing. Weather good for the rest of the day, but will be a bit nippy later. I'm about twenty miles down the River Lea from Rye House.

So who is riding for the Rockets in place of Maassen? Not good enough needing guests and not telling the paying public who they will be in advance of the meeting.

I'm less than a mile from the track. It's currently overcast, no rain and only 20% chance of it come race time

So who is riding for the Rockets in place of Maassen? Not good enough needing guests and not telling the paying public who they will be in advance of the meeting.

This is the problem when the Rye House promotion decides to put a meeting on the same night as the Raiders are away from home. I’d like to see Kyle Hughes riding instead on Maassen, but of course the Raiders are at Kent! Perhaps he’ll ride on Saturday at Rye?

Whoever the guest is it’ll be a tall order for them.

But let’s look on the bright side.

1. As well as the lovely flowers as you walk in front of the long bar, there’s another temporary stand appeared on the second bend.

2. The raffle will take place at heat 2.

3. No doubt we’ll have the dulcet tones of John Strong while Craig is away.

4. Len will through a lucky £2 coin in the massive crowd [anyone notice yesterday was a lucky one pound coin?]

5. Len will welcome Robert Lambert and say nothing else.

6. Barbara Horley, bless her cotton socks, will be taking over as team manager from John Sampford and still officiate the meeting. After all women can multitask……….

7. They’ll be draft beer in the bars.

8. Andrew Silver & Luke Chessell will be guests of honour.

Well you get the picture……

• Like 1

'How does Grondal drop from 7.00 to 4.70 in two months'

For the guy doing updates, be advised Grondal came in on an assessed 7 pt average...

• Like 1

All them Grondal doubters will be keeping quiet tonight.

Sitting in the warm evening in Majorcca, beer in hand and the boys doing the job, triffic

• Like 1

Damn we needed that!..great team effort but let's not get too carried away with them having 2 national league riders at reserve..that's where it was won.

For the guy doing updates, be advised Grondal came in on an assessed 7 pt average..

He didn't look like a 4 pointer to me

The reserve totals say it all

Rye-1

Peterborough-18

Roll on next year.

I said we'd lose, but not by that much. Season can't end soon enough. I hope lessons have been learned re make up of the team for next year, especially at the lower end