British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

Really hope both Magic and Bomber are feeling a lot better on Friday. Both will likely ride regardless but both teams really need them at full strength.

Don't know what the weather is doing in Coventry, but looking out my window in Bournemouth definitely seems the right call to postpone. Hope BV Swindon is still on so I have something to watch tonight though.

The rain arrived around 4/4.30 this morning and is due to clear to showers around 10/11am. Brandon could end up catching all the showers this afternoon and evening or none of them... I'm not saying it's the wrong call, just to early...

Speedway has been ridden in all sorts of weather over the years, it's just now it seems it's a sunshine only sport, unless it's absolutely spot-on, sky aren't interested....

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Meeting goes ahead in wet weather = wouldn't be on if Sky weren't there, they're putting riders at risk....

Meeting cancelled on forecast = Sky only interested if perfect conditions

Funny old World we live in

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 1

Just been driving about 10 miles from Brandon in seriously heavy rain and still raining now. If Brandon wasn't wet before it soon will be! Strange to cancel so early but the forecast certainly seems to be being fulfilled so far.

The rain arrived around 4/4.30 this morning and is due to clear to showers around 10/11am. Brandon could end up catching all the showers this afternoon and evening or none of them... I'm not saying it's the wrong call, just to early...

Speedway has been ridden in all sorts of weather over the years, it's just now it seems it's a sunshine only sport, unless it's absolutely spot-on, sky aren't interested....

It's been pouring down and has been for the last hour. Still raining heavy now.

Fair play to Rosco, he has apologised for his comments to Zagar on twitter. https://twitter.com/AJROSCO/status/643365888700321792

Haha only cos he got told by Zagar and made himself look like a tool.

Brightening up nicely now north of the stadium with some blue sky!!

A drying breeze, a good trackman, should be able to cope with today....

And no doubt would, if we were racing.......

• Like 1

Promoters are damned if they call off early and damned if they don't. You can't satisfy all of the people all of the time.

More than likely be a dry night if you call off early BUT if you hang on and decide to race, the heavens will open at 7.25pm.

We need to do more to weather proof speedway; and I don't just mean track covers.

Do we need tyres similar to (and would it work) what F1 calls "full wets" ?

I know that, just can't get my head how we've always had wet meetings, yet just lately, it seems as though the whole speedway scene has suddenly turned into sugar, the first drop of rain in the forecast and we are doomed!!! Can't get wet, we'll all melt!!

Just dissapointed that no effort has been made to get this meeting on, if it's skys call, then that is just plain and simply wrong.....

Do we need tyres similar to (and would it work) what F1 calls "full wets" ?

Maybe, and at too many tracks these days it'd be a good idea to switch to slicks half way through a meeting.