British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

You didn't watch how disappointing he was last year, and what about that race where he stopped Bomber passing, that was the last straw, however good you're riding if you're trying to get 8-1 you are aware!! That peed me off more than any other race last year cos it showed he didn't give a toss about the team and fans!

That sounds like the KB we Panthers fans remember or "ME ME ME" as some of us used to refer to him because whenever interviewed by our track guy or Sky he only spoke about his own actions/ambitions never the Club, the team or his teammates! He had the ability once but not the passion of a team player and never showed any personality. Whether he still has the ability is a risk any club signing him will have to take (including my own as its well known on our thread we have a KB sized space in our 2016 team currently) but it's the passion and personality that makes the complete team man.

• Like 1

PS. Just imagine KB having to drop down to the reserve positions... Talk about match winners

I can see both sides to that, would he scores loads at reserve? Possibly, but at the same time, how crap is he going to be allowed to get before it is simply said he is crap?

Some of his inside passing in 2011 was legendary Mungo, think he finished fourth in the EL averages and put all of the league's top men in their place when they came visiting. Sadly the bad crashes and injuries he has suffered since then have caught up with him and he is a shadow of the rider he was. I'd not be amused if he was named in the 2016 line up to be honest.

I get what you are saying Baggy, and clearly his average suggests something is up with his form over here, but his scores on the continent have been good generally from what I have seen, so to me it's not simply a case of not being the rider he once was. Granted the injuries have probably had an impact, but on a 5.50ish average I think you have to take the plunge in a weakened EL. At worst, his average stays the same and he remains a smidgen frustrating, at best, he could push for the #1 position.

• Like 1

Assuming we changed race nights to accommodate a top Danish rider, and seeing the HL list in the SS this morning, It has now becomes apparent, we can only have one of either Rory, or Kenneth as our third heat-leader.

The choice of the Devil and the deep blue sea. Both have to be a gamble, Rory because of his accident and not knowing the consequences of such a bad injury, and Kenneth for not knowing if he can rekindle his old form. If we looked back to early last year, then Rory would be a dead cert and KB a no brainer. But things move on. After his recent operation on his arms, could that be the kick start Kenneth needs to recapture the obvious talent he processes. Rory has an even bigger hurdle to overcome. I can't imagine he will be able to forget the life threatening injury he sustained and probably being a also run is not that enjoyable. Am surprised he has decided to give it another go after coming so close to disaster .

So taking all that on board, not forgetting KB low average, my OPINION would be to go with Kenneth..........

PS. Just imagine KB having to drop down to the reserve positions... Talk about match winners

You could have Batchelor, Bjerre and Schlein from the HL list and Bjerre would line up as a 2nd string and still sign a rider contracted to the Danish League who is not on the HL list. Depending on his average, that rider could still line up as a heat leader.

There is obviously a delay in Norfolk as it was mean't to be announced at 7.45!

Troy couldn't hide his delight and let the cat out of the bag, forcing the Stars to make an early confirmation.

You could have Batchelor, Bjerre and Schlein from the HL list and Bjerre would line up as a 2nd string and still sign a rider contracted to the Danish League who is not on the HL list. Depending on his average, that rider could still line up as a heat leader.

Troy couldn't hide his delight and let the cat out of the bag, forcing the Stars to make an early confirmation.

The fact we have lost Kerr by changing race nights, I can't imagine Buster would have done that without have a good reason to do so. So I can only imagine he has got someone special lined up. He needs to be good enough to win those ht15's so therefore definitely be classed as a top man and on the accessed HL list......

That was my way of thinking....... Including both Rory and KB would be a massive gamble, especially with loads of points to spare......

Vaculik and Michelsen please.

massive gamble

Is Robert lambert on the heat leader list?

No, Lambert isn't, meaning that Lynn have one HL space available after signing Batchelor and Schlein.

So one more from the published List, or a new entrant or former EL rider with an average over 6.50.

No, Lambert isn't, meaning that Lynn have one HL space available after signing Batchelor and Schlein.

So one more from the published List, or a new entrant or former EL rider with an average over 6.50.

is bjerre on the list?

Rory has returned successfully from serious injury before so hopefully, he has the mental strength to do it again.

is bjerre on the list?

I believe he is.

Even though Lambert is not on the HL list - he has a higher average than Schlein so is likely to line up in one of the Stars' 3 heat leader positions!!

Yes but it was said that the announcement would be at 7.45 today and it wasn't announced until later!